NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 7:03 PM

Online-Resources of classic NFS titles

This is a discussion for the topic Online-Resources of classic NFS titles on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Online-Resources of classic NFS titles  (Read 173952 times)

Reply #225
on: Nov 09, 2018, 9:20 AM

Hm,
in the "expected" place, at patches folder, you will only find the DLC-cars.
https://web.archive.org/web/*/ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfs-porsche/*
The misc folder only has the game soundtrack as mp3's...
https://web.archive.org/web/*/ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/misc/nfs5/*

Looks like they aren't there... so either we looking in the wrong place, the files have not been archived or they were never on this FTP (instead at other EA server).
To be sure we would need an old link to an official source, or at least the exact original filename respectively.
According to mobygames, the 3.5 patch was released on Jan 13, 2002 (?).

Well, also cant come up with a trusted file from an unofficial source... e.g. the patch at nfsplanet.de seems untouched: https://www.nfsplanet.com/patch.php
Have you checked that, does it already contain a crack?
Additionally the file dates display August 2000... when the patch actually has been released...? So i understand your dilemma - which file/info can be trusted?  ???

Greetings
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2018, 10:17 AM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #226
on: Nov 11, 2018, 2:05 PM
Rookie Member

Have you checked that, does it already contain a crack?
Additionally the file dates display August 2000... when the patch actually has been released...?
As I said, I checked all that I could find on internet.
I also checked the official sites in the topic "Old Need for Speed Websites - Nostalgia & History". They only have the demo and the 4 cars.
Sites that I mentioned have the best version of this update, but it's still not original.

Every other file except the exe and the 3 txt files is dated 3.4.2000.
I also found cracked updates 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 from MYTH.
3.3 is very rare, never heard of this one before, but I always wondered if it existed. Reason is it was never released in stores, from NFO: "The european store final had 3.0, USA had 3.2.". And then there was also v3.4 CD. I don't think there's a CD version of v3.3 and v3.5.

v3.3 - 3.4.2000
v3.4 - 3.5.2000 (only exe is changed from v3.3)
v3.5 - 26.6.2000, properties.txt 27.6.2000 01:38 (only exe is changed from v3.3)

I presume version.txt wasn't changed, so official ones were released on the same day.
In v3.5, every file is the same as the one from iplounge, only it doesn't have the ReadME!.txt from 10.8.2000.
So this update from iplounge (and Game Front and NFS-Planet) is certainly not the official one and was repacked from MYTH release in august 2000.

If not on internet, what's left is CD's from PC magazines from 2000. I had them, but I threw them away in 2012.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2018, 2:19 PM by GrimReaper »

Reply #227
on: Nov 11, 2018, 4:11 PM

Hm, maybe there is no official package or installer? NFS Porsche had an ingame update function, which probably loaded files on the fly from some EA source.

Seperate packages you can find now seem to be user-made, probably by comparing disc and hard-drive files after an update, then packing and uploading changed files.

Gotta say, at that time (2000...2001) i had modem connection and never used any online functions of NFS5. Guess later on i always used patched, user-edited files from the various NFS sites around.
So if there were official patch packages they seem to be wiped from the web...
Magazine cds seem a good idea, although they often are a compilation of stuff from the internet. Anyways, I dont have a cd from that time with a Porsche update.
But i can confirm that later cd-batches of NFS Porsche had the 3.4 patch integrated.
Keiiko collected isos of EU v3.0 and v3.4 ... maybe ask him for a link. By comparing  differences on these cds its should be possible to get (trusted/unchanged) files of the 3.4 update.

Greetings

Reply #228
on: Nov 12, 2018, 12:30 AM
Rookie Member

I am satisfied with your answer.
If there was a downloadable update, it would be on their official site. At least it is for HP2.
On NFS3 website I also found there was an Auto-Patcher.

I already know the differences between 3.0, 3.2, 3.4 and 3.5. And I already downloaded all the CD's from Keiiko's Mega link.

SafeDisc doesn't work on Windows 10 anyway, so this 3.5 official exe is no good to me anyway, same for cracked exe's. We already solved which files you need in the thread Difference of patches.
It was more for comparing official to cracked, but at least I did this for v3.4.
Reason for this was I first thought EA used Myth's crack, as it says official update on iplounge.net, but it's not official.
That wouldn't be the first case of this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(warez)
So now I have all the information and all the files that exist for NFS5.

EDIT:
I downloaded all PC Zone CD's from 2000 from archive.org, from July to December (demo is on June's), and there's only a NFS HS update 4.44. But it's an exe. I always found it strange how come the NFS5 one comes in a zip and you have to manually copy files to different folders.
Now I know, it's third party.

EDIT2:
If you download 35nocd.zip from iplounge.net, it has the files from EAUpdate, proof is in the file update.log.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2018, 6:19 PM by GrimReaper »

Reply #229
on: Nov 15, 2020, 1:49 AM

Reply #230
on: Nov 30, 2020, 9:45 AM

Update.

- www.dippold.org, all downloads are disabled
- www.nfs.gen.tr, is down
- www.drivingpassion.net, is down & removed from listing
- Ortwin1st's Homepage, is down
- unBtable's NFS:HS Site, is down
- nfstoolbox.suckosaurus.dk, the homepage of NFS-Wizard dev Jesper Juul-Mortensen seemingly down too
- www.team-ger.net, also down unfortunately  :'(

Due to the inevitable end of flash player support, some flash-reliant websites are simply doomed in near future. Files are still hosted, but site navigation is unusable. I will provide direct links if possible - especially STD-Design relies so heavily on Flash, its practically down without flash-player access.
This also applies to NFS Experience and www.halfmoon2.com sites.

Reply #231
on: Feb 28, 2021, 6:43 AM

Like to tell that on nfscars.net some interesting nfs4 cars were uploaded (by who?)

4 cars by D.Schwabenlandt which are not availible here.

A very nice Vespa scooter made in 2000 but still good.

Reply #232
on: Mar 06, 2021, 3:32 PM

There is a rather decent NFS:HS rendition of the Mount Panorama Circuit (Bathurst). May have been released in 2000. I've looked everywhere, but cannot find it. Loved that one. Based on one of the Raceways. Anyone remember?

Reply #233
on: Mar 07, 2021, 1:54 AM

Hello bfut,

that track was made by AccadaccA (& Nite) and hosted exclusively on totalnfs.net -> Link
Unfortunately web.archive.org did not save this file from that page.

At lonebullet.org and gamefront.online you will find the Bathurst track for download, however this is the original release from 1999 - there was an updated version too.
Can't find any links to the updated version, but i sure can upload that for you from my backups -> Google Drive

Greetings

Reply #234
on: Mar 07, 2021, 6:52 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Hello bfut,

that track was made by AccadaccA (& Nite) and hosted exclusively on totalnfs.net -> Link
Unfortunately web.archive.org did not save this file from that page.

At lonebullet.org and gamefront.online you will find the Bathurst track for download, however this is the original release from 1999 - there was an updated version too.
Can't find any links to the updated version, but i sure can upload that for you from my backups -> Google Drive

Greetings

didn't know there was an updated version of that track, all I had was the 2000 version of it

Reply #235
on: Mar 07, 2021, 10:38 AM

Hello bfut,

[...]

Greetings

Highly appreciated, thanks. All those tracks on there were quality products.

Reply #236
on: Mar 13, 2021, 5:04 AM

It's just sad the U.S. Gov. Archive site went so shitty now, They used to save files from ANY site they archived but I'd say 10 or so years back they went to this new Beta crap and that got rid of the saver..Now they just save pics and articles mostly vs actual downloads..Stupid really..No point in archiving stuff from a game mods site if you don't even bother to save the actual downloads themselves and keep them available..But that's Archive.Org for ya! There's a old saying: If it ain't broke don't fix it..Thus had they not went to that Beta crap all the stuff would have worked (links,downloads,etc.) but they felt they just had to change the site. I used to use Acrive.Org alot to grab things from PursuitInc.,NFS StreetDogs,and Aussie Muscle's site,etc.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #237
on: Mar 17, 2021, 4:46 PM
Administrator Hero Member

I'm happy to report that RP-Design is back online: http://rp-design.lintu.dyndns.org/
Nappe1 contacted me earlier this evening and shared that he revived his more than 20-year old site containing NFS3 and NFS4 cars, tracks and tools, as well as his more recent GT Legends mods (although the links for the latter files don't work at the time of writing). Bringing the site back online at an anniversary is a tradition of sorts.  ;)
Another tradition is a 'wayback-machine' page of the site as it was in 1999: http://rp-design.lintu.dyndns.org/way-back-machine/ (links to the Volvo and Jaguar are dead, but they work in the current site above)

Reply #238
on: Mar 17, 2021, 5:07 PM
Administrator Hero Member

I'm happy to report that RP-Design is back online: http://rp-design.lintu.dyndns.org/
Nappe1 contacted me earlier this evening and shared that he revived his more than 20-year old site containing NFS3 and NFS4 cars, tracks and tools, as well as his more recent GT Legends mods (although the links for the latter files don't work at the time of writing). Bringing the site back online at an anniversary is a tradition of sorts.  ;)
Another tradition is a 'wayback-machine' page of the site as it was in 1999: http://rp-design.lintu.dyndns.org/way-back-machine/ (links to the Volvo and Jaguar are dead, but they work in the current site above)
That is awesome! I wonder if nappe1 would mind if we archive the rest of his stuff here?

I see the link to "Hacked Speed" on the wayback version of his site. Fun fact, the chatroom on Hacked Speed is where NFSAddons/NFSGarage got it's start. Unfortunately the archive.org versions of it are lost

Reply #239
on: Apr 01, 2021, 10:24 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.

top 10 anime resurrections

Support NFSAddons: