NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 1:10 AM

T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo

This is a discussion for the topic T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo  (Read 138438 times)

Reply #195
on: Jun 25, 2022, 12:19 AM

How can I compile the source code myself? Can you upload a step-by-step guide? Thank you!
You need MS Visual C++ 6.0 and the DirektX SDK Summer 2004 (the latest that supports Direct3D Retained Mode) for trackpreview. Because I can't find it anywhere I uploaded it on Magenta Cloud.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2022, 11:58 PM by JimDiabolo »
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #196
on: Jul 31, 2022, 6:31 AM

New in Version 4.3.0 (400):
- Fix moving multiple vroad points (wasn't working anymore).
- Drop vroad refpoints (Alt D).
- Drop lanes down on road (black & blue polys, Alt D).
- Drop points, polygon & extra objects on track and object polygons (Alt D).
- Add lights (ctrl + l) on selected points, polygons (middle) or objects (middle).
- Add sounds on selected points, polygons (middle) or objects (middle).
- Added 'Colorbuttons' to make it easier to select shading colors.

https://youtu.be/munVxXlm3yc

Reply #197
on: Jul 31, 2022, 5:25 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
The new functions are hella handy,especially the drop ones and the color picker (only a way to see the vertex colors on the track is missing)

Reply #198
on: Oct 01, 2022, 4:46 AM

New in Version 4.3.0 (404):
- Added AI points which are at the VRoad point + the float numbers of the speed files.
  Enable "Show Virtual Road Width and Node Points" to see AI Points.
  With "Show Virtual Road Bitmap Data Mode" you see a thin red line AI line.
  Use "View -> Select Speedfile for viewving" to choose the AI Line you want to see. (Forward / Backward)
  If you zoom in, AI Points get a up to down line indicating the speed.
  In object mode, AI points can be selected by holding down the ALT key. (CTRL & ALT if you want to select more then one.)
  If you move AI Points (X & Y), T3ED recalculates the "AI lane" from speedfile.
  If you move the AI Point Up / Down the Speed of spdFA or spdRA will be changed.

Thanks to "PomFrit" who found out how everything is connected and how it works.

- "Virtual Road, Heights" now has additional columns.
  "VR Left" / "VR Right" - The purple VRoad Borders
  "L-Lane Polys" / "R-Lane Polys" - The number of light green polygons. (Could already be changed with adjust road width)
  "Width L-Polys" / "Width R-Polys" - The width of the lane polygons.

Reply #199
on: Oct 01, 2022, 10:08 AM

Congrats to both of you, JimDiabolo and Pomfrit! Great collaboration!

This will make it very much easier to adjust driving lines. I'm going to see if the divided highway driving line can be improved on my "Neighborhood Drive" track. Maybe this can prevent AI Opponents from crashing into the light poles and trees in the center while trying to overtake each other and especially the player.

Reply #200
on: Oct 01, 2022, 12:20 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
The expanded VRoad editing is pretty cool, but I've noticed the export option for the VRoad does not export all the VRoad properties compared to T3ed dialog 🤔

Reply #201
on: Oct 02, 2022, 1:06 AM

The expanded VRoad editing is pretty cool, but I've noticed the export option for the VRoad does not export all the VRoad properties compared to T3ed dialog 🤔
I've experimented a lot with the "AI Points". It seems to work pretty well. At least for the normal non-divided roads. It's been quite a while, so I wanted to release this version.
Ex-import may still come, but if so only very simple. I.e. without recalculating "AI Lane" if "float" and thus the "AI Point" has been changed.

Reply #202
on: Oct 02, 2022, 1:17 AM

Congrats to both of you, JimDiabolo and Pomfrit! Great collaboration!

This will make it very much easier to adjust driving lines. I'm going to see if the divided highway driving line can be improved on my "Neighborhood Drive" track. Maybe this can prevent AI Opponents from crashing into the light poles and trees in the center while trying to overtake each other and especially the player.
Thanks!
I already thought that there must be a connection between "AI Lane" and "float", but I couldn't figure it out.
Important: If the "AI Point" is not on the "AI Lane", the Bots drive over the selected lane. Then the representation in TE3D is wrong. If the point is moved, the "AI Lane" is recalculated.

Reply #203
on: Oct 02, 2022, 2:57 AM
Rookie Member

Realy nice work, especialy with the "AI Lane width". On short distances or small widths it was hell or impossible to find the right value. This will help me fix some things on my AIs.

Reply #204
on: Oct 03, 2022, 4:09 PM

I encountered a strange bug when resizing nfsfan83's "Africa" track. Block #2's XYZ ptCentre coordinates gets messed up and moved to the center of the track. This results in the block being invisible when in the game. (see screenshots)

This bug does not occur on other tracks (perhaps because the way "Africa" was built?).

Anyway I think this can be solved by making a block's ptCentre editable so that the coordinates can be set properly. It is similar to editing the center of an extra object.  Do you think this is possible, JimDiabolo?

BTW, scaling "Africa" using 0.75 factor solves the AI traffic spawning problem, makes the AI opponents drive faster/smarter, and it gives a better sense of speed.

EDIT: FYI "problem in game" screenshot is taken with the camera view outside the car. The car turns invisible along with block 2.  ???
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2022, 4:13 PM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #205
on: Oct 04, 2022, 10:51 AM

Have you tried "Remap objects to blocks" before "Resize"? I guess many objects have beeen copied & moved. Some maybe belong to wrong blocks.
I can make block's ptCentre editable. Till now there was no reason to do it.

Reply #206
on: Oct 04, 2022, 11:14 AM

Have you tried "Remap objects to blocks" before "Resize"?

This fixed the problem. Thank you very much!

Well, I guess there is still no reason to make the block's ptCentre editable. Might be safer to leave it as non-editable.  ;)

I just have to remember to do the Remap before I do the Resize and not the other way around.  ^-^

Reply #207
on: Oct 07, 2022, 9:14 PM

Hello guys, i'm having a problem. I want to import the Vr_H_Spd.csv to the track, but after successfully importing Vr_H_Spd.csv, the program stops to work causing a total crash of T3ED. Does somebody know how i can fix this?
EDIT: It really doesn't work at all. Even if i try to import freshly and cleanly exported Vr_H_Spd.csv
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2022, 9:45 PM by pete9516 »

Reply #208
on: Oct 10, 2022, 9:27 AM

I didn't get this problem with importing Vr_H_Spd.csv files, but I did get this problem when trying to import animation data into t3ed on windows 7 and 10. It just wasn't working.   :(

The solution for me was using T3ed in a virtual machine running windows xp. Didn't experience any problems since.  8)

Reply #209
on: Oct 11, 2022, 12:18 AM

I'm still developing T3ED on XP in a virtual machine. I only use it on Windows 10. Never had such problems there. Maybe running T3ED in XP compatibility mode will help.
One question, 3D Preview is turned off?

Support NFSAddons: