NFSAddons Forums

Mar 19, 2024, 1:02 AM

[NFSHS] How to get Australian police in European version ?

This is a discussion for the topic [NFSHS] How to get Australian police in European version ? on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: [NFSHS] How to get Australian police in European version ?  (Read 6994 times)

11 Replies on [NFSHS] How to get Australian police in European version ?
on: May 18, 2019, 3:45 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    Sergeant Nicholas S. Pendergast
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a solution to get Australian police on the Outback mod track for NFS HS. Can it be done on an European version of the game ?

Reply #1
on: May 18, 2019, 6:03 AM

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a solution to get Australian police on the Outback mod track for NFS HS. Can it be done on an European version of the game ?

You'll have to incert some Aussie cop cars into your Data/Cars folder and if you want it to be even more authentic of a Aussie feel replace the track Celtic Ruins with Outback. If you can run Veg Patch I'm in the process of doing a few police vehicles from the hit TV show Blue Heelers but they're high poly.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #2
on: May 18, 2019, 7:06 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
You'll have to incert some Aussie cop cars into your Data/Cars folder and if you want it to be even more authentic of a Aussie feel replace the track Celtic Ruins with Outback. If you can run Veg Patch I'm in the process of doing a few police vehicles from the hit TV show Blue Heelers but they're high poly.

I tried but the police cars have the UK skin...

Reply #3
on: May 19, 2019, 11:40 AM

I tried but the police cars have the UK skin...

That's cause you have to replace them with Aussie mods, Take a car you wish to incert and place into the appropriate folder, For Euro cops it's BMW M5 (PBMW) and Lamborghini Diablo (PDIA) and Porsche 911 (PP91), Incert the mod car's .FCE file into each car's .VIV file and the mod car's CAR00.TGA into each .VIV too, You'll then get Aussie cops.

Reply #4
on: May 19, 2019, 12:12 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
Hmmm... But that's not really the effect I'm looking for. I am looking to use the AUS.TGA skin in the European version of the game like the others. There is no way for a mod to change the location of a track?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:57 PM by K3nningar »

Reply #5
on: May 20, 2019, 4:32 AM

Stubborn way is :
Just Rename the "Aus.tga" become "UK.tga" in nfswizard tool. Done ;)

Greeting

Reply #6
on: May 20, 2019, 5:31 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
It's the only way ? Can not replace the European version of Durham Road by the same but in the Australian version?

Reply #7
on: May 20, 2019, 9:16 AM

It's the only way ? Can not replace the European version of Durham Road by the same but in the Australian version?

Is what you're wishing a complete locale change or just cops changed? If you want a whole new locale for it you'll have to incert a mod track or (if it don't crash) switch up the default tracks by putting the one you want into that particular track's folder..Like to make Germany U.S. putting HomeTown or EmpireCity into Germany,etc.

Reply #8
on: May 20, 2019, 10:56 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
Yes, I want to change the locale. But we don't have any aussie track in the European version of the game... so I would like to know if it is possible to do it anyway thanks to a mod.

Reply #9
on: May 20, 2019, 2:26 PM
Rookie Member

Ask nfsfan83 if he can make you a map. His is a Rockstar at making maps .

Reply #10
on: May 21, 2019, 11:48 AM

Hey there and welcome to the forum.

Funny you asking for the australian cop cars. I recently found out it is a registry switch that does enable the aussie liveries.
It is the mysterious "Variant" switch.
Veg, in his wisdom, also ported this variable to his modern patch (without knowing what it actually does).
So if you using the modern patch you only need to set "Variant=4" in the nfs4.ini - seems this works with every game version too.
But prepare for disappointment - this will trigger the AUS.TGA to be used on some USA tracks only; it will only work ingame, not in the main menu. Cars without AUS.TGA will keep their default CAR00.TGA livery.
This actually is how the aussie version of High Stakes works...

On a full game installation the registry switch is at this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed High Stakes\1.0
Change DWORD-key "Variant" to value "4".
So thats the way for a regular game installation or when using the Stock-/Expansionpack.

Greetings

Reply #11
on: May 22, 2019, 7:46 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
Hey there and welcome to the forum.

Funny you asking for the australian cop cars. I recently found out it is a registry switch that does enable the aussie liveries.
It is the mysterious "Variant" switch.
Veg, in his wisdom, also ported this variable to his modern patch (without knowing what it actually does).
So if you using the modern patch you only need to set "Variant=4" in the nfs4.ini - seems this works with every game version too.
But prepare for disappointment - this will trigger the AUS.TGA to be used on some USA tracks only; it will only work ingame, not in the main menu. Cars without AUS.TGA will keep their default CAR00.TGA livery.
This actually is how the aussie version of High Stakes works...

On a full game installation the registry switch is at this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed High Stakes\1.0
Change DWORD-key "Variant" to value "4".
So thats the way for a regular game installation or when using the Stock-/Expansionpack.

Greetings

So nice !!!! It works ! Awesome ! Thank you so much MADMAN !

Support NFSAddons: