NFSAddons Forums

Aug 15, 2022, 6:59 AM

Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]

This is a discussion for the topic Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4] on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]  (Read 43726 times)

Reply #150
on: Aug 03, 2022, 1:59 PM

Could someone provide a ready table (to be copied) for a Single Race race with 15 AI opponents?
So far I can't get it to work at all...Only Single Race racing interests me

Reply #151
on: Aug 05, 2022, 6:23 PM

Could someone provide a ready table (to be copied) for a Single Race race with 15 AI opponents?
So far I can't get it to work at all...Only Single Race racing interests me
This information should be in the user manual, but you can only have a racing grid which contains 14 cars in total
What's also very important is the order: 1.Racers, 2.Cops, 3.Traffic
You really need to read the user manual. It's a cheat table. This changes values in memory adresses in an executable file. It's not a tool that does the work for you. It "only" provides the possibilities there are with ghost files

Reply #152
on: Aug 06, 2022, 8:16 AM

Try setting "Tickets Per Speeder" to 1.
Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem. May i provide the ghost file in here for further investigation? I think this is some limit related issue. But i'm just reading the user manual to find out what might be the problem. Anyway i guess that this problem won't be stated in the user manual.
EDIT: I use a whole custom grid with additional cars.

Reply #153
on: Aug 06, 2022, 9:50 AM

Nevermind, i was able to create a Getaway ghost file by taking the provided "NFS3 HP Style Flip side.gst" and turn it into a Getaway race with 8 racers, 4 cops and 4 traffic cars.
Here it is

Reply #154
on: Aug 06, 2022, 11:30 AM

When creating a custom getaway mod where you are not the only racer, it is important to set the "#Tickets Quota" accordingly.

For example, if you are playing as a racer with 7 AI racers and you want the max number of tickets for each of you to be 1, set the #Tickets Quota to "8". If you want each racer to receive 2 tickets max, set the quota to "16".

I plan to update GST Editor with a few more custom pre-configured races that you may feel free to use as a base for your gst file editing needs.

Reply #155
on: Aug 06, 2022, 12:36 PM

When creating a custom getaway mod where you are not the only racer, it is important to set the "#Tickets Quota" accordingly.

For example, if you are playing as a racer with 7 AI racers and you want the max number of tickets for each of you to be 1, set the #Tickets Quota to "8". If you want each racer to receive 2 tickets max, set the quota to "16".
That's what i did before i posted the screenshots, but it just didn't work. Probably the ghost file was just corrupt. But i want to know why :D Damn
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2022, 6:47 AM by pete9516 »

Reply #156
on: Aug 06, 2022, 12:48 PM

I sometimes experience a similar problem with some gst files. On one I was trying to create a max opponent race (me with 14 AI racers), but the game kept crashing. Just like you, I couldn't figure out why this was happening, although I set everything correctly. >:(

I decided to start over with another ghost file and voila! The game loaded the race successfully.  :o 8) 

Maybe there are some more addresses in the gst files that we haven't discovered yet that control these factors.

Reply #157
on: Aug 06, 2022, 1:05 PM

I've encountered random crashes as well. I eventually found out that I removed 3+ cars from the game (that was not loaded by the gst file).
I readded them again and it worked. Removed them once more, but then I added 3+ completely different cars and that also worked.
So maybe it's a good idea to create a new file if you add/remove lots of cars.

Support NFSAddons: