NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 6:26 AM

SOLVED: Problem with cops not working on custom tracklists

This is a discussion for the topic SOLVED: Problem with cops not working on custom tracklists on the board NFS:HS Support.

Author Topic: SOLVED: Problem with cops not working on custom tracklists  (Read 6716 times)

0 Replies on SOLVED: Problem with cops not working on custom tracklists
on: Dec 07, 2022, 5:46 PM

Allright, so in the past few days i made some serious testing about cops not turning after you, or not being able as a cop in getaway mode to arrest the racer. This is my theory which i veryfied several times the past few days when i raced random tracklists with the HS Mixer:
As soon as a replaced track has LESS blocks than the track slot's original track, the AI cops will break on those tracks. For example, cops won't be able to announce their current position, cops coming towards your driving direction will just pass you without trying to stop you by turning into you or even more worse you will not be able as a cop in getaway mode to arrest the racer.
Here's a list i made for testing so you can test this, too, by just checking how the cops work and if they don't work, check the slot where the custom track is placed and check if the custom track has LESS blocks than the original track. Also check where custom tracks actually WORKED!!! Always make double checks. (NOTE: It is not exactly less, but as soon as the custom track has less than 5-10 track blocks, the cops already start getting corrupt, so they might actually work if there's only missing 5 blocks.)
00:   Celtic Ruins:   136 blocks,   Last block:        7 polygons
01:   Landstrasse:   136 blocks,   Last block:   6 polygons
02:   Dolphin Cove:   135 blocks,   Last block:   3 polygons
03:   Kindiak Park:   118 blocks,   Last block:   3 polygons
04:   Route Adonf:   122 blocks,   Last block:   5 polygons
05:   Durham Road:   105 blocks,   Last block:   7 polygons
06:   Snowy Ridge:   129 blocks,   Last block:   5 polygons
07:   Raceway:      104 blocks,   Last block:   8 polygons
08:   Raceway 2:   110 blocks,   Last block:   8 polygons
09:   Raceway 3:   119 blocks,   Last block:   8 polygons
10:   Hometown:   120 blocks,   Last block:        7 polygons
11:   Redrock Ridge:   183 blocks,   Last block:   7 polygons
12:   Atlantica:      166 blocks,   Last block:   5 polygons
13:   Rocky Pass:   186 blocks,   Last block:   3 polygons
14:   Country Woods:   175 blocks,   Last block:   7 polygons
15:   Lost Canyons:   212 blocks,   Last block:   2 polygons
16:   Aquatica:      180 blocks,   Last block:   2 polygons
17:   Summit:      216 blocks,   Last block:   3 polygons
18:   Empire City:   154 blocks,   Last block:   6 polygons

For example, i tested Lost Canyons on every track slot. The cops worked on all track slots. When i tested on Summit i was going to say: Ok, now it must finally not work. Because Summit has 4 more track blocks. But there seems to be a somewhat deadzone of about 5-10 blocks. Couldn't figure out the exact number yet. Anyway, still, Lost Canyons worked on Summit slot eitherway. BUT you can't use Durham Road on most of the other track slots, because it has only 105 blocks. Most tracks have more than 105 blocks, thus corrupting AI cops.

Don't mind about the "Last block's polygons", i just included this to be sure for testing, every track has a last block before block 1 returns, and this last block almost always has less than 8 polygons length, while every normal block has 8 polygons length.
I know this topic has been discussed several times on different threads, but i'm a 100% sure that the problem relies on that issue right here and that's why i made this topic
Cya
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2022, 6:09 PM by pete9516 »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

Support NFSAddons: