NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 11:05 PM

My nfs4 car mods archive

This is a discussion for the topic My nfs4 car mods archive on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: My nfs4 car mods archive  (Read 7282 times)

Reply #15
on: Feb 06, 2023, 12:39 PM

Any chance someone has an archive with all of Tomb Racer's cars? https://www.nfscars.net/need-for-speed-high-stakes/2/downloads/list/cars/1/author/tomb-racer/2141/

The links at NFSCars are up, but the author did something to the car.viv files that prevents the game from reading them. :-\
This looks like a case for bfut. I wish i could ping him here. I'll ask him if he could take a look at this
The Subaru Pursuit Impreza 22B archive is of less than 9 kB in size according to the website. Whatever is in that file is likely not even a VIV archive, much less a car. :( Haven't looked at the other ones.

Reply #16
on: Feb 06, 2023, 1:33 PM

All of the other downloads contain this same ~9 kb file.  ???

I tried the internet archive (wayback time machine) website. Unfortunately it hasn't been archived there. 

Looks like these are truly lost cars. :(

Reply #17
on: Feb 06, 2023, 11:13 PM

@pete
Yeah m8, of course. Just wanted to say that maybe some 1 will gonna classify this great set of cars by some categories i.e. brand, country, maybe upgrades etc. Maybe better zip names for some of them. Cuz it's hard to tell what's inside, i.e. I don't like certain brands etc. It's hard work. I would do, if I had time... Still great collection.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2023, 3:13 AM by EvoX »
...Cause you don't know what you've got, it's your battle to be fought... (c)

Reply #18
on: Feb 10, 2023, 5:46 PM

Any chance someone has an archive with all of Tomb Racer's cars? https://www.nfscars.net/need-for-speed-high-stakes/2/downloads/list/cars/1/author/tomb-racer/2141/

The links at NFSCars are up, but the author did something to the car.viv files that prevents the game from reading them. :-\
This looks like a case for bfut. I wish i could ping him here. I'll ask him if he could take a look at this
The Subaru Pursuit Impreza 22B archive is of less than 9 kB in size according to the website. Whatever is in that file is likely not even a VIV archive, much less a car. :( Haven't looked at the other ones.
Well bfut, you need to actually download the file and extract it. There you will see a 1.9MB large car.viv container. Don't trust file sizes too much. Those cars are not editable with NFS Wizard. I thought this was a case for your unvivtool to get developed onto a higher level of quality as it already is. I can't extract those cars with your unvivtool. It's an unknown header type or something like that.

Reply #19
on: Feb 10, 2023, 5:49 PM

All of the other downloads contain this same ~9 kb file.  ???

I tried the internet archive (wayback time machine) website. Unfortunately it hasn't been archived there. 

Looks like these are truly lost cars. :(
They are all downloadable. You just need to download the 9KB "large" .zip file and extract it. Tadaa. Only problem left is the hex editing on those car.viv's

Reply #20
on: Feb 01, 2024, 5:31 AM

I understand you almost exceed your 5 Gb limit and you want to delete the nfsaddon files.

You did a great job making the files available but searching is not easy cause the filename can be just numbers (12345.zip?????). And then there are some doubles (p930.zip, p930 (1).zip, .....)

Too bad you haven't downloaded the Fiedo cars from JPracing. I want the VW Gol (I only have the GTI version)

I tried navigating by "date added", it kinda gives me an idea were the files come from, assuming you added the files from a site all at once on a specific date.

Is it still possible to indicate from what site certain cars come from? Maybe when I use waybackmachine I can see what car is linked to a certain filename.

Reply #21
on: Feb 01, 2024, 6:11 AM
Administrator Sr. Member

• NFS Showroom Master
Would it be possible to make a MEGA drive, with folder names like [AUTHOR] MAKE_MODEL_TRIM_YEAR (.zip file name).

I could fill my MEGA drive with NFS4 cars from your archive.

Or if you need space to upload more NFS4 cars, I can upload them on mine. I also have Mediafire, but that is mainly used for NFS MW hidden / lost mods.

Currently I have used:

- 38MB out of 20GB in MEGA;

- 2,22 GB out of 10GB in Mediafire.

P.S. I could upload the leftover files from MEGA to Mediafire, just so it's completely empty.
If you want to succeed, never give up and believe in yourself.

Reply #22
on: Feb 02, 2024, 1:38 PM

I understand you almost exceed your 5 Gb limit and you want to delete the nfsaddon files.

You did a great job making the files available but searching is not easy cause the filename can be just numbers (12345.zip?????). And then there are some doubles (p930.zip, p930 (1).zip, .....)

Too bad you haven't downloaded the Fiedo cars from JPracing. I want the VW Gol (I only have the GTI version)

I tried navigating by "date added", it kinda gives me an idea were the files come from, assuming you added the files from a site all at once on a specific date.

Is it still possible to indicate from what site certain cars come from? Maybe when I use waybackmachine I can see what car is linked to a certain filename.
Yes it is. I've downloaded nfsunlimited.net, NFS Streetdogs as it seems, but i'm not sure, JP Racing and i think you're right about the Fiedo cars.They've been in some special section with the JP cars, which i've somehow overseen by dumbness, NFS PoliceHQ up to a certain date, Emergency Planet, i've got stuff from nd4spd.de somewhere idk from, definitely not downloaded them by myself from nd4spd.de I can't recall all websites exactly. Also all the individual ones i could find, that one french website which is now some art present stuff which had a large amount of vehicles, but not too much though. NFSCars and NFSAddons completely. Unfortunately i can't remember exactly but i hope this helps a bit

Reply #23
on: Feb 02, 2024, 1:46 PM

Would it be possible to make a MEGA drive, with folder names like [AUTHOR] MAKE_MODEL_TRIM_YEAR (.zip file name).

Or if you need space to upload more NFS4 cars, I can upload them on mine. I also have Mediafire, but that is mainly used for NFS MW hidden / lost mods.

Currently I have used:

P.S. I could upload the leftover files from MEGA to Mediafire, just so it's completely empty.
I can't rename all the files. Also the filenames for me are very important because then i know what i already have and what can get thrown away. If i rename every single archive, i also wouldn't know anymore where i got them from in specific cases. Taking the 38MB to MediaFire so that MEGA is completely empty is a good idea. I don't know what to do with this archive in the mere future. It is mainly intended as a backup and spreading machine for  files not to get lost. I don't know if it's possible to download all files at once, but if i were you, i would do that. If a file has no Readme or any text file in which there is info about the car or author it's senseless to search for it anyway. Or to rename the whole file. This filename system was very important for me in the past to be absolutely súre that there was not a single car missing from any website i've downloaded

Reply #24
on: Feb 05, 2024, 7:31 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Currently I have used:

I can't rename all the files. Also the filenames for me are very important because then i know what i already have and what can get thrown away. If i rename every single archive, i also wouldn't know anymore where i got them from in specific cases. Taking the 38MB to MediaFire so that MEGA is completely empty is a good idea. I don't know what to do with this archive in the mere future. It is mainly intended as a backup and spreading machine for  files not to get lost. I don't know if it's possible to download all files at once, but if i were you, i would do that. If a file has no Readme or any text file in which there is info about the car or author it's senseless to search for it anyway. Or to rename the whole file. This filename system was very important for me in the past to be absolutely súre that there was not a single car missing from any website i've downloaded

I tried to download the whole thing about a year ago, not too long after you shared your archive with us. I think it was possible back then to just 'download' the whole folder at once, but recently I couldn't find anywhere on the Mega page where that option was (it wasn't the 'download as zip' feauture). It may have been changed since last year. Somehow only 9900 of the 11k files ended up on my harddrive, not sure why.

I decided to re-download the whole archive again yesterday toe make sure I had absolutely everything, this time using an app called Megadownloader. http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.com/  (Edit: The Download page there does not work, but the latest version -1.8- is also available on Filehippo, Softpedia and similar hosting sites)
That did the trick pretty well, faster than last year, too (about 4 hours, where last year I had to leave my pc running overnight) So I have a full backup of the archive, at least.

About finding the right file, that has always been an issue if you have a large archive of files that have not all been clearly named: Open a Zip called "02cv" when looking for a vintage Citroën 2CV and you may end up with a 2002 Crown Victoria instead.  :P

I usually use the Windows Explorer search function to search for a model (usually I search for the author which works quicker) since that can search the contents of Zip/Rar and thus also the text content of readme files. I haven't tested if it can search the contents of absolutely every type of compressed arcive (cab, ace, 7z, etc) but it works for the majority.

If the filename is unclear and no readme included either, I usually resort to quickly opening the .viv file with NFSWizard to see what I'm dealing with.

Oh, and on the topic of Fiedo's cars, these are all his cars that were on JP Racing: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1p48a7ermrg9julmc8tc3/Fiedo.zip?rlkey=lrr08seuwlj0lvzzve6h7o765&dl=0
(27 mb, 13 cars with matching preview screens)
I sadly do not have a 100% complete backup of every NFS4 mod made by JP Racing himself.
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2024, 8:03 PM by Remko »

Reply #25
on: Feb 06, 2024, 4:04 AM

Thank you sooo much for rescuing all the Fiedo cars Remko!  :)
Would you pleeeaaase be so kind to do the same thing with all the JPRacing cars aswell? I lost the Dragsters and the VW Gol ;)

Support NFSAddons: