NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 4:15 AM

Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]

This is a discussion for the topic Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4] on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]  (Read 87072 times)

Reply #150
on: Aug 05, 2022, 6:23 PM

Could someone provide a ready table (to be copied) for a Single Race race with 15 AI opponents?
So far I can't get it to work at all...Only Single Race racing interests me
This information should be in the user manual, but you can only have a racing grid which contains 14 cars in total
What's also very important is the order: 1.Racers, 2.Cops, 3.Traffic
You really need to read the user manual. It's a cheat table. This changes values in memory adresses in an executable file. It's not a tool that does the work for you. It "only" provides the possibilities there are with ghost files

Reply #151
on: Aug 06, 2022, 8:16 AM

Try setting "Tickets Per Speeder" to 1.
Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem. May i provide the ghost file in here for further investigation? I think this is some limit related issue. But i'm just reading the user manual to find out what might be the problem. Anyway i guess that this problem won't be stated in the user manual.
EDIT: I use a whole custom grid with additional cars.

Reply #152
on: Aug 06, 2022, 9:50 AM

Nevermind, i was able to create a Getaway ghost file by taking the provided "NFS3 HP Style Flip side.gst" and turn it into a Getaway race with 8 racers, 4 cops and 4 traffic cars.
Here it is

Reply #153
on: Aug 06, 2022, 11:30 AM

When creating a custom getaway mod where you are not the only racer, it is important to set the "#Tickets Quota" accordingly.

For example, if you are playing as a racer with 7 AI racers and you want the max number of tickets for each of you to be 1, set the #Tickets Quota to "8". If you want each racer to receive 2 tickets max, set the quota to "16".

I plan to update GST Editor with a few more custom pre-configured races that you may feel free to use as a base for your gst file editing needs.

Reply #154
on: Aug 06, 2022, 12:36 PM

When creating a custom getaway mod where you are not the only racer, it is important to set the "#Tickets Quota" accordingly.

For example, if you are playing as a racer with 7 AI racers and you want the max number of tickets for each of you to be 1, set the #Tickets Quota to "8". If you want each racer to receive 2 tickets max, set the quota to "16".
That's what i did before i posted the screenshots, but it just didn't work. Probably the ghost file was just corrupt. But i want to know why :D Damn
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2022, 6:47 AM by pete9516 »

Reply #155
on: Aug 06, 2022, 12:48 PM

I sometimes experience a similar problem with some gst files. On one I was trying to create a max opponent race (me with 14 AI racers), but the game kept crashing. Just like you, I couldn't figure out why this was happening, although I set everything correctly. >:(

I decided to start over with another ghost file and voila! The game loaded the race successfully.  :o 8) 

Maybe there are some more addresses in the gst files that we haven't discovered yet that control these factors.

Reply #156
on: Aug 06, 2022, 1:05 PM

• Personal Text
    Retro racer excellence
I've encountered random crashes as well. I eventually found out that I removed 3+ cars from the game (that was not loaded by the gst file).
I readded them again and it worked. Removed them once more, but then I added 3+ completely different cars and that also worked.
So maybe it's a good idea to create a new file if you add/remove lots of cars.

Reply #157
on: Nov 25, 2022, 9:59 AM
Rookie Member

Is it possible to add traffic into career mode with this?

Reply #158
on: Nov 25, 2022, 11:45 PM

Is it possible to add traffic into career mode with this?
No. For this kind of stuff you need Cheat Engine and the adresses which control the traffic function.

Reply #159
on: Dec 01, 2022, 1:08 PM
Rookie Member

That's very cool VEG, I do hope that'll be a fully functional feature someday. Did a quick test with Cheat Engine and managed to achieve a somewhat similar result.

Which reminds me, I've done a Cheat Engine Table for NFS3 that does pretty much the same thing that I've done here (Cheat Engine doesn't work with NFS4 that well). I've also set it up so it's using regular numbers instead of HEX.
I'll create a topic about it when I've added enough stuff.  :)

Please where can I download this mod Cheat Engine Table for NFS3

Reply #160
on: May 30, 2023, 5:22 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Okay I downloaded GST Editor and Cheat Engine then I went to my NFS 4 Game and go to a single race
and quit the race and saved the ghost file then I opened GST editor and opened the ghost file
and I'm stuck I can't save my customize ghost file.
I would like someone please show me how to do this so I can learn.
You save your file by going to File > Save File (Shift+Ctrl+S)

Ghost files should be placed in the savedata\saves folder of NFSHS

Reply #161
on: Jun 03, 2023, 3:48 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
I'm still having trouble getting it to work and how do I save my gst file in cheat engine 7.5
What is *exactly* the problem you're having? Given I told you in the other post how to save your ghost file, yet you ask again like if you don't know. Does any error pop up on saving? Ghost file does not appear in the game folder you're saving to? It's hard to help you if you provide little to no info on what were you doing or what happens on your end.

Reply #162
on: Jun 03, 2023, 4:22 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
and then when I'm done tweaking my settings In cheat engine and go to where it says
save and it saves to a cheat table file instead of ghost file so I go back and save again then I launch the game and load the ghost file nothing happens its still the same ghost file.
Well, that's where you went wrong: File > Save is for saving the cheat table; you should have used File > Save File instead to save the ghost file as shown in the other post's image. Let me point out it where it is since you have somehow missed it:

Reply #163
on: Jun 09, 2023, 5:16 PM
Rookie Member

Hi this is Kevin Well let's say I'm having some fun with this ghost car customize thing here.
I'm starting to get the hang of it. I created a customize hot pursuit race with 7 ai cops and 1 racer.
boy that was fun.  Now my next question Is I'm trying to figure out.
how do I save a ghost file for a hot pursuit race I would like to know more about it
like I can go to a single race mode and create a ghost file, but I can't do it with a normal hot pursuit race
I'm just kind of wandering how do you that.

Reply #164
on: Jun 09, 2023, 5:43 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Simply start a hot pursuit race, quit to results screen when the race starts and quit the game. Then go to the SaveData folder of the game, copy the ghost.gst file to the Saves folder, rename it if you want and edit it with GST Editor

Support NFSAddons: