NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 1:13 AM

General Soccer Thread

This is a discussion for the topic General Soccer Thread on the board Racing & Other Sports.

Author Topic: General Soccer Thread  (Read 33313 times)

Reply #15
on: Apr 06, 2008, 1:15 PM

Oliver Oresic

Quote from: CrownVic316
Ronaldinho was the best a few seasons ago, but he's not as good now. As for Pele, sure he was brilliant but that was a long time ago. He wouldn't be able to get away with all his tricks in the modern game today. Euro 2008 and the Champions League will show that C. Ronaldo is the best footballer in the world now.
He could do, he would now know better training techniques, he played with slow balls and on bad fields, if he is today young and if he has today good fields and balls and better medicine than in 60s, he would be the best. Beckenbauer, Platini, Cruiyff and Maradona told that Pele was the best and FIFA gave him title. Di Stefano was not near, I watched some his videos. Ronaldinho was also good in 2006 in Spanish league as C.Ronaldo today in Premier and when he came in Germany on Mundial, he was very bad and Brazil was eliminated in quarterfinal. I think that similar will happen with C.Ronaldo.

Reply #16
on: Apr 06, 2008, 8:08 PM

Portugal will get eliminated because they just don't have enough good players outside of Ronaldo. Italy and Spain to be in the final.

More importantly, in domestic action, Barca, Real Madrid and Villareal all dropped points in their games, so Barca once again misses a chance to gain on the leaders, and Manchester United could only draw 2-2 with Middlesbrough, so they're just 3 points in front of Chelsea.
Champions League: Let's have some predictions from everyone.
Here's mine:
Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal

Chelsea 1-1 Fenerbahce* (Fenerbahce wins 3-2 on aggregate)

Manchester United 3-1 AS Roma

FC Barcelona 2-0 FC Schalke '04

Reply #17
on: Apr 07, 2008, 1:31 AM

Quote from: CrownVic316
Portugal will get eliminated because they just don't have enough good players outside of Ronaldo. Italy and Spain to be in the final.
What? Spain in the Final? but we have less good players than Portugal, don't forget Deco, Maniche, Ricardo, Carvalho, Nani, P. Ferreira, Quaresma, etc...I think that Portugal is much better than Spain (Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Ramos, Casillas and Cesc is all what we have. Sometimes only Iniesta and Casillas)

My predictions:

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal

Chelsea 0-1 Fenerbahce

Manchester United 4-0 AS Roma

FC Barcelona 0-0 FC Schalke '04

Reply #18
on: Apr 07, 2008, 7:30 AM

Oliver Oresic

Strongest are Germany, France and Italy

Reply #19
on: Apr 08, 2008, 3:16 PM

I think Spain will surprise a lot of people.

Two of my CL Predictions are wrong, with Liverpool beating Arsenal 4-2, and Chelsea beating Fenerbahce 2-0. I always knew Liverpool would make it, now let's see what Wenger whines about this time, the bloody french bastard.

Reply #20
on: Apr 09, 2008, 12:48 AM

Wow, I'm glad you think like that, cause you are much more optimistic than Spaniards. Our aim is the quarter finals, as always...but our group (D) is quite complicated and if we pass we should play against some team of group C, and there's no bad team in that group...

Well, let's see if F.C. Barcelona can make a great game today to shut up Madrid Press... :D

Reply #21
on: Apr 09, 2008, 3:23 PM

YES!!! MANCHESTER UNITED WON!! So did FC BARCELONA!!! I think the semifinal match between Manchester and Barcelona is going to be a better match than the final personally. Whoever wins that match will absolutely destroy Liverpool or Chelsea. They just don't have the same quality that United and Barca have.

Reply #22
on: May 22, 2008, 12:51 AM

oh, I feel quite sad because of Manchester win last night...I think that Chelsea played way much better and demostrated that they are way much profesional. I dunno, I'm starting to see ManU like a Gang with Tevez, Rooney, C. Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani, Vidic,...  And well, Tevez, in my opinion, is great because he knows what to do when he don't have the ball...kick the opponent leg until he stole the ball or break a leg or hit a face.
Anyway,
Which team did you prefered to win? and which one most deseverd?

Reply #23
on: May 22, 2008, 3:22 PM

Hahaha GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!! Gang my ass. At least they don't go around slapping folks in the face. Manchester United deserved to win it, going up against a more physical, brutal side and holding them off for 120 minutes. We had more shots on goal, and a better defense. And to win it 40 years after our first one, and 50 years after Munich... Very special.

At least you can say that you got beaten by the champions, instead of getting beat by a team that could only finish in second place... Some small consolation for Barca I guess.

Reply #24
on: May 02, 2009, 1:09 PM

Have any of you guys watched the Spanish La Liga Classic match?
Real Madrid 2 - F. C. Barcelona 6 ! :eek:
I just wanted to say that I'm very proud of that team. :p
At least it helps you forget about recession...

Reply #25
on: May 03, 2009, 12:39 AM

Oliver Oresic

Barcelona is very strong this year, they can win European championship, it wouldn't be wonder.

Reply #26
on: May 12, 2009, 5:06 PM

Welll the match between Madrid and Barcelona was definitely something... however the relegation battle is getting really interesting in the EPL, too. Go Newcastle!!

And contrary to Oliver's belief, Manchester United are easily the stronger team in the Champions League final, Barcelona are missing 3 of their first-choice back 4, will be easy for United to rip apart. Red Devils for a good win!

Reply #27
on: May 13, 2009, 1:43 AM

You think so? Well then, be ready for an awesome match, cause Barcelona midfielders are the best ones, and the best defense is a good attack. Henry, Eto'o and Messi have scored 70 goals. Only one team in the Spanish Liga have scored those numbers, Real Madrid.
However, I think that the outcome may depend on Barça results in the other two competitions. Today we play one final, and next week we can win the Liga tittle. If we can arrive the the Champions league in a good shape I do believe that we can win.

Reply #28
on: May 15, 2009, 4:26 AM

Oliver Oresic

In June Croatia will play qualifying match against Ukranie for wc 2010 in South Africa, we have strong group and it will be hard to qualify, England is our main rival, they want revenge, remember qualifying for Euro 2008 when we stopped them to go to competition and helped Russia.

Support NFSAddons: