NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 8:50 AM

Monitors & Ram,etc..

This is a discussion for the topic Monitors & Ram,etc.. on the board NFSAddons Errors & Bugs.

Author Topic: Monitors & Ram,etc..  (Read 16932 times)

5 Replies on Monitors & Ram,etc..
on: Nov 08, 2007, 5:33 PM

Hi well my Q. is some games have this Monitor ReFresh Rate option, it shows 60.70,72,75 well what i wanted to know is.
Does this help at all turning it up higher say 70?
will that help a Game not be choppy at all?or less?

Whats the down falls if any? Can we Ruin a Monitor with these settings.
I Installed a gig of Ram today. $47.00 bucks, :eek3: now i have 2 gigs of Ram installed.
I didnt want spend this $$ Today. Ive just allways wanted a better Pc like i have now. But still many of Games can still be Choppy on medium/Low settings :{
Some say i need a Gung-Hoo Vcard, is why? they say? but i think mines fine. Nividia 8500 PCI/256 ddr2
Anyways, So whats this Refresh Montor Rate thing do the Most in Games. whats the overall Benifit?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 1:37 PM by Remko »

Reply #1
on: Nov 09, 2007, 12:43 PM

As far as I know it is how often the screen refreshes the inage and at what electronic frequency.  And yeah, I think that if you put it too high for too long you can burn in the screen or burn out the components of the monitor due to the strain.  Some leeway exists....consult an expert or the manual of the monitor....cause I don't know much about this....

Reply #2
on: Nov 09, 2007, 12:54 PM

hey dude..Yeah that sounds like a thing to do.?
Read a manual its in my Messy Closet some place ;)
thx anyways buck...

Reply #3
on: Sep 07, 2008, 12:15 PM
Rookie Member

I've found that moving my page file off of my boot drive and making the page file minimum and maximum sizes equal to about 1.5 times the amount of physical RAM on my system seems to smooth out the glitches when I'm playing games.

Increasing the refresh rate will reduce flickering, but that's not the same as the short pauses during play that are so annoying.  And, yes, it's possible to damage a monitor by increasing the refresh rate if the monitor doesn't support that rate.

I'm pretty sure the little pauses are caused by disk access... the drive that your page file resides on may be nearly full or fragmented.  If it's possible you might consider creating a partition on your hard drive just for the page file, about 1.5 to 2 times the size of the amount of physical memory on your system.  Make the new partition the same type as your boot partition (i.e., if the boot partition is NTFS, the pagefile partition should also be NTFS), then move the page file.  It takes a reboot to finish moving it.  When you've checked to be sure it's been moved, you can delete pagefile.sys from the boot drive... it's just taking up a whole lot of space.

I'm running Windows 2000 and can give details of how to do it with this OS, not sure about XP etc.

Reply #4
on: Sep 07, 2008, 11:59 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Reply #5
on: May 09, 2018, 8:38 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Yes, it was in ways, complicated, also people Grow up more since 10 years ago, an act more Mature an not be Rude, like Bully's! :( bad Behavoiral traits,were I live... To much Immaturity there,, ::) or out in town. Anyways thanks BuckSavage for your post long ago. An others... )
Let's have a better day...?

Support NFSAddons: