NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 11:00 AM

My car troubles... transmission.

This is a discussion for the topic My car troubles... transmission. on the board Racing & Other Sports.

Author Topic: My car troubles... transmission.  (Read 16458 times)

8 Replies on My car troubles... transmission.
on: Sep 05, 2007, 8:28 AM

I haven't posted much this summer... but something has come up with my '96 Civic.

When I'm driving, I might be going 60 kph on Gear 3... then when I let go of the gas... then reapply... it's already on Gear 4 and won't down-shift or it will take 5 seconds minimum to react to the gas...

Even at 80 kph... it'll be on Gear 4... then when I let go and reapply... it's like the transmission just disconnected from the engine and it's going nowhere.

I'm afraid I'll need a new transmission...

Suggestions?
"Hello, I am Titan Uranus!"

Courtesy of NFSWiLL

Reply #1
on: Sep 05, 2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator Hero Member

I'm assuming it is an auto?

Reply #2
on: Sep 05, 2007, 4:17 PM

yup sounds like an AutoMatic?

Heck Mw my Car is 3yrs older than yours, mine has done that 2 yrs now,
If its not Broke dont fix it ;)
My car has 139,300 miles on it now :{
Man i hate writing this LoL.
Yes im Inbeassest,well as long as the Tranny dont slip when in gear like feels like being in N' it be ok. just tap on the gas like to let it know when your slowing down then it will get the hint more and down shift i do this at times helps.
Also when im at Long Red Lights i shift into N' to let the Tranny & Engine cool off more Instead of the Constent Pull on it see. Well thats my old tips. Well get your Tranny Fluid Replaced i did mine 2 yrs ago. Helped i think, better Fluid. The day i have to replace my Tranny will be the Day the whole car go's to the Trash Yard :{
I really need my wheels for store food shopping /pay bills. etc.

Reply #3
on: Sep 05, 2007, 5:30 PM
View Profile

TS

It may be something with the valve body or the clutches, I'm not entirely sure though. I don't work or know much about import drivetrains but I know enough about those types of things to make a good guess.

Reply #4
on: Sep 05, 2007, 9:09 PM

Believe it or not... all these troubles started happening after I got the flush and fluid change. The fluid is the right one though... I checked. It is an auto... (I know how driving manual works... but my parents won't let me drive the '07 civic... >.<) and there's about 140K+ kms on it. There never was a problem with the transmission before the flush.
"Hello, I am Titan Uranus!"

Courtesy of NFSWiLL

Reply #5
on: Sep 05, 2007, 10:44 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Community Leader
wait.. you flushed and fluid changed, did you change the filter and ARE you sure? did they crack the filter open for you?

if you didnt get the filter changed, go and get the filter changed., else you'll have more problems.
-Your existence means nothing unless you prove your worth-

Former NFSAddons Admin
Former NFSCars Admin
Current ND4SPDWorld Admin

Reply #6
on: Sep 06, 2007, 8:54 PM

yeah, I figure the filter was full of crap that is now floating all around your transmission now if they didn't change it.

Reply #7
on: Nov 24, 2010, 2:34 AM
Rookie Member

:)same problem occoured with me , but i fixed it!:):)

Reply #8
on: Nov 24, 2010, 9:55 AM

• Personal Text
    Most Wanted V.I.P.
Again. Stop reviving old posts.

Support NFSAddons: