NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 4:43 PM

ZModeler 1.07B refusing to show textures

This is a discussion for the topic ZModeler 1.07B refusing to show textures on the board Hardware, Software & Technology.

Author Topic: ZModeler 1.07B refusing to show textures  (Read 11370 times)

5 Replies on ZModeler 1.07B refusing to show textures
on: Nov 24, 2018, 9:34 AM

Ok after recently upgradeing my game PC from HDD to SSDs only I ran into stupid issues, One was NFS HighStakes not running  :o >:( But I FINALLY got it to run and with the Veg Patch as I was using before, The 2nd problem though I don't know what caused it or how to fix it, My ZModeler 1.07B is refusing to show textures on models, I tried deleting the default and replacing that with a model's .TGA, Nope, I tried opening Texture Browser and manually loading TGAs into that, Nope again.  >:( Finally I tried copying the vehicles to a USB stick and opening stuff on my LapTop and it displays textures fine on that, So I tried copying all the files from the LapTop's ZModeler 1.07B over to my PC, Nope, Nothing,same issue. Anyone know what caused this and how to fix it? It only seems to happen on my PC, On the LapTop ZModeler 1.07B works as usual and displays TGAs fine and auto finds them when you open a CAR.FCE as it should.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #1
on: Nov 25, 2018, 10:07 AM

Does the texture not show at all or is it displayed wrong?
First check that in 3D-view-window the option "Settings>Textures>Use Textures" is selected. Probably displaying of textures is unchecked there...
Else, did you change other hardware components or installed new drivers with the upgrade?
Try to switch rendering calculation to CPU (Force Software Rendering at "Options>3D View"). Maybe select a different "device" at the "Options" menu (see picture).

Reply #2
on: Nov 25, 2018, 1:10 PM

Does the texture not show at all or is it displayed wrong?
First check that in 3D-view-window the option "Settings>Textures>Use Textures" is selected. Probably displaying of textures is unchecked there...
Else, did you change other hardware components or installed new drivers with the upgrade?
Try to switch rendering calculation to CPU (Force Software Rendering at "Options>3D View"). Maybe select a different "device" at the "Options" menu (see picture).

I have USE TEXTURES on the 3D view checked, It seems the program won't auto load up a TGA when you open a file, It only loads up the default thing, Then even when you manually add a TGA it still won't display it on the vehicle.

Here's the result, It finally shows the TGA but not to the vehicles, Rather as a backround, WTF  :o ::).

Also I tried ALL the diffrent emulation settings, Still same end result, I tried:

RGB (slowed performance drastically)

Direct 3D HAL (No change but didn't slow performance)

BOTH NVidia GeForce 550 Ti settings (this should have had some effect as my graphics card is a NVidia GeForce 550 Ti 2 GB. but no change)

This is odd because it displays everything as should be on my LapTop.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018, 1:16 PM by Paul Spain »

Reply #3
on: Nov 25, 2018, 1:46 PM

Okay, so your settings seem to be alright... and you said it works fine on your other system. Also the issue is not driver related, since software renderer is giving the same results.

So, i guess its a problem with Zmodeler itself. Maybe the installation got corrupted (missing file/registry)? You already tried wiping everything and reinstall the program (with admin rights enabled or UAC disabled, respectively)?
Maybe an AntiVirus-program deleted/blocked an essential file?

Just some ideas to try... never had such an issue :/

edit:
Does the texture shows up in the UV Mapper when you remap with "Assign UV"?

Check that car00.tga is selected as "Primary Texture" in the Material Editor.
Basic stuff, i know... but gotta try to rule out possible errors.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018, 2:03 PM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #4
on: Nov 25, 2018, 2:19 PM

Okay, so your settings seem to be alright... and you said it works fine on your other system. Also the issue is not driver related, since software renderer is giving the same results.

So, i guess its a problem with Zmodeler itself. Maybe the installation got corrupted (missing file/registry)? You already tried wiping everything and reinstall the program (with admin rights enabled or UAC disabled, respectively)?
Maybe an AntiVirus-program deleted/blocked an essential file?

Just some ideas to try... never had such an issue :/

edit:
Does the texture shows up in the UV Mapper when you remap with "Assign UV"?

Check that car00.tga is selected as "Primary Texture" in the Material Editor.
Basic stuff, i know... but gotta try to rule out possible errors.

By default it won't (but does on my LapTop) but I can add it and save but still does nothing, Also I have tried a fresh install and killed my antivirus while trying it, Same though. It must be some odd quirk.

Reply #5
on: Dec 15, 2018, 9:58 AM

Guys, A quick update, Something funny..It will show the TGA for parts (like lightbars) just not on vehicles for some odd reason, I opened a lightbar I'd downloaded and it showed everything fine on that, Still trying to find out what is up here but no luck.

Support NFSAddons: