NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 12:34 PM

Police Quest Games

This is a discussion for the topic Police Quest Games on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Police Quest Games  (Read 6164 times)

4 Replies on Police Quest Games
on: Sep 10, 2018, 3:31 PM

I have decided to (along with the help of CVPI19) bring the police vehicles from Police Quest to NFs HighStakes, Police Quest fans rejoice  ^-^ =D.

We start with the first,the original Police Quest from 1987, I loved playing this game over and over and over on my RadioShack Tandy T1000 as a kid   ^-^ =D ;). I have faithfully recreated the patrol car from that.

Next up was Police Quest 2 (1988) another game I loved to play on my Tandy T1000 back in the day  ;).

Then we have Police Quest 3, Sadly a game I didn't play much due to the hard steering of the cars and how easy it was to crash, None the less these cars are nice cars (1990's Ford Mustangs) What was funny is how the cars got flipped round thus placing the blue light on the WRONG side on the lightbar and the rear flashers in the wrong setup :P.

Finally we have Police Quest 1 VGA, A half remake half totally new game (as it is slightly diffrent from the original Police Quest) I loved playing this game and still do sometimes thanks to GOG. The car is a 1978 Dodge Monaco for the police units and the unmarked car is a white Ford TBird, The marked unit features the exact same shield on the doors seen on the PQ3 Mustangs, Since it never shows it clearly I had to guess as to what it might look like in a real world, So I modded the city of San Pablo,Ca. police patch to a Lytton, Ca. police emblem.  ;)

NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #1
on: Sep 10, 2018, 4:00 PM

Cool idea. Nice rides.
I love the later incarnations of this game series, the Swat games. But considering the time at that the Police Quest games were released, they were pretty awesome.

Recreating the overall paint-schemes is great, but for the emblems you should go for more detail (like you did with the last 2 cars). The relatively detailed Ford police car and the pixelated PD-logo do not match up in my oppinion. At least the "PD" lettering should use a sharp font, maybe more details.  :)

PS: oh and ... wrong forum

Reply #2
on: Sep 10, 2018, 4:12 PM

Cool idea. Nice rides.
I love the later incarnations of this game series, the Swat games. But considering the time at that the Police Quest games were released, they were pretty awesome.

Recreating the overall paint-schemes is great, but for the emblems you should go for more detail (like you did with the last 2 cars). The relatively detailed Ford police car and the pixelated PD-logo do not match up in my oppinion. At least the "PD" lettering should use a sharp font, maybe more details.  :)

PS: oh and ... wrong forum

For the 1987 car I used the actual texture took from a pic of the car, That was all they had in the 1987 game but later they progressed to better images on the doors. As for this being in the wrong place, I don't know if I can move it but if not maybe a admin will, I was just looking and found a thing said Editing And Projects, And now I see it was for RSR stuff  :o ::) Oh well, My bad.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #3
on: Sep 10, 2018, 4:37 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Moved to editing projects forum :)

This is awesome! Love seeing the older cars (and games) come to life again in NFS

Reply #4
on: Sep 10, 2018, 5:41 PM

[...]
For the 1987 car I used the actual texture took from a pic of the car, That was all they had in the 1987 game but later they progressed to better images on the doors.
[...]

Yeah, that were the limits of the time. Size of 8x8 pixel for a police decal, they couldn't even fit "LPD" there - almost sad ...  :(
Of course not completely change the logo, im just thinking this detailed LTD from DodgeBoy matches better with less pixelated door decal... but if it is the look you wanted to achieve its alright!

Im sorry, from your introduction i assumed you are looking for feedback on this project.
I just realised it is already released at nfspolicehq.com!
Maybe emphasize more distinctly that this is a showcase in the future or give a link right away.  :)

Greetings

Support NFSAddons: