NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 10:19 AM

Tails' NFS modding thread

This is a discussion for the topic Tails' NFS modding thread on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Tails' NFS modding thread  (Read 18082 times)

Reply #15
on: Sep 01, 2018, 5:15 AM
Rookie Member

Hey Tails,

Which browser/OS are you using? I can investigate the upload script and see if something funny is going on, but can't imagine right now what it would be

I'm using Chrome and Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit). On my laptop (Firefox and Windows 10 64 bit) it never happened. It actually didn't happen on my Win7 PC the last few times, but I'm keeping my eye on it in case it happens again.

Hi there Tails yup well, I've been trying to Mod more textures in UG'2.
Just to have,some better changes to Race drive, at night in there so. )
It's been not so easy, but I need to keep at it.
UsingcTexEd, an the the other, I agree with things Right said...
An nice comments above. 8)
I know the Dxt one textures, won't allow to have transparency big Hassel at times, nice car list buddy! )

Which program are you using for creating textures? Because in Photoshop (with a *.dds plugin) you can choose DXT1 1 bit alpha, which IIRC has transparency. But it'd be better to check it with someone else, since it's been a while since I've done any kind of texture modding.

Reply #16
on: Sep 01, 2018, 11:57 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
OK tails thanks. I don't have Photoshop, I'm busy on other things this weekend so ttul .
An good luck on your NFS UG'2 car mods you may Release soon..?  8)
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #17
on: Sep 15, 2018, 6:57 AM
Rookie Member

Here's a bit of a request to the moderators and administrators: while uploading this mod, I've accidentally uploaded the wrong file. To whom should I send the new file so it can replace the wrong file? Or should I just re-upload the whole mod?

Reply #18
on: Sep 15, 2018, 8:32 AM
Administrator Hero Member

Send it to mike@nfsg.net and I'll get it fixed up!

Reply #19
on: Oct 20, 2018, 12:09 PM
Rookie Member

I figured out I'd give you guys an update, partially since it's been a while since I've actually said what's going on (mid-August), but also since I want to disclose my plans for the future of my mods.

My plan was to re-upload all the mods I've ever done, well, at least those that can be found in the list in the first post of this thread. (That list excludes some of my earliest mods, almost all of which were NFS:U2 traffic mods.) But now I came to a point when I need help from somebody else. I've already asked AJ_Lethal to beta-test my BMW M3 E36 mod for High Stakes, and he gave me basic guidelines on what to do to improve the mod (massive thanks to him).

Excluding that BMW mod, which is almost finished (it will probably be finished next week), I have six mods from my list that are left. Out of those, there is one Underground 2 mod, two Most Wanted mods and three Carbon mods. The Underground 2 mod I know what to do with (I just need to find more motivation to finish it, lol), but the rest I need someone else's help. The Most Wanted mods are easier, since they only need beta-testing (I know that the Porsche 991 GT3 mod needs brake position fixed and the Shelby Series 1 needs new, lower-res textures that make better use of the space, but other than that, there are probably bugs I've overlooked). The Carbon mods, on the other hand, need performance files and I'm quite lost when it comes to NFS:C performance editing. If anybody has some templates that show which VLT entries I need to modify, that'd help greatly, or perhaps if someone could give me more or less detailed instructions on what to do.

Once those mods are done, meaning all the most from the list from the first post of this thread are uploaded here, I might do a few completely new mods (that will depend on my mood after I finish the mods from the list), but after that, I'll probably retire from modding. The reasons are actually quite simple: I need to move on in my life and I won't have enough time to do mods, or at least to do them properly, and I don't want half-finished work either. Furthermore, my motivation to do modding has also dropped quite significantly, I barely have enough will to finish those mods from the list, which you can see by how much I'm procrastinating to do them. And then there's the fact that the community seems to be falling apart, less and less people are interested in mods for NFS games, especially for the games I mostly focus on.

So, that's how the things are at the moment. I really wish I had more motivation to finish at least those mods that are left from the list in my first post, but I just don't have it, for aforementioned reasons. I know there are few NFS modders left, but I just don't think I'll be one of them for much longer. After all, my interest in cars is dropping as well, so unless something changes, doing these mods will be more of a chore than a task I enjoy doing. I hope I've been clear enough, and I hope you guys understand my situation.

Reply #20
on: Oct 20, 2018, 12:24 PM

Sounds fair...that's life. Some just dissapear....Good luck with your final projects.I look forward to the BMW.

Reply #21
on: Oct 21, 2018, 8:41 AM
Administrator Hero Member

I can understand that creating game addons take a lot of time and energy to create, and I feel it's entirely up to the author to decide that he'd rather spend that energy on other things in his life - no explanation needed, as far as I'm concerned. I am grateful that people want to share their hard work with other fans for free.  8)

I'm afraid I can't help you with the beta testing on the Carbon addons though, hope there are other volunteers...? (have you asked on NFSCars too?)

Reply #22
on: Oct 21, 2018, 11:03 AM
Rookie Member

Thanks for the responses, noise and Remko!

About NFSCars, there's a long story on why I don't like NFSCars, let's just say that I never had any personal problems with them, but I stray away from NFSCars as a sign of solidarity for a few of my fellow NFS modders. I will ask for help on Driving Passion's Discord chat, however.

Reply #23
on: Jan 02, 2019, 8:38 AM
Rookie Member

Hey guys, sorry for the double-post, but I need beta-testers for my following mods:

Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition - Need For Speed: Underground 2 - Car
Porsche 911 GT3 991 - Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Car
Shelby Series 1 - Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Car

The reason I need beta-testers is because I'm quite time-restricted, as well because I want to be done with the mods as fast as possible and I want to ensure I miss no bugs.

If anyone is interested in testing any of them, please send me a PM, reply in this thread or reply in my NFS:U2 Camaro project in case you're willing to test that one.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2019, 2:33 PM by Tails »

Support NFSAddons: