NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 8:45 AM

How to install NFS HS with Modern Patches

This is a discussion for the topic How to install NFS HS with Modern Patches on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: How to install NFS HS with Modern Patches  (Read 19657 times)

33 Replies on How to install NFS HS with Modern Patches
on: Nov 04, 2017, 4:19 PM

Is there a guide written up on how to install NFS HS now on a modern system with the modern patches?  I know the modern patch isn't finished and just read about how it's on hold which is a shame but just wondering if we had a comprehensive write up to get it all working as best as possible now.

Reply #1
on: Nov 04, 2017, 5:17 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
I did a video tutorial on how to install NFSHS with the various patches (Stock Pack and Modern Patch) a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/v/Y4j5Y0a4ndk

Reply #2
on: Nov 04, 2017, 6:35 PM

The hero we deserve... thank you so much!

Reply #3
on: Nov 12, 2017, 10:55 AM

Got another question about this

How do I install the EA addon cars if its portable? I have HS on my laptop twice one for mod and one for stock and I wanted the addon cars but the EXE's can't find the game.

Reply #4
on: Nov 12, 2017, 11:13 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hey, do you try to install the add-on, the Manual way unzip them, name the folder, use wizard to help? Use Serial # program see if no #'s R the same. Just trying to help Andrew good day.
We're  is the exe, files from. I don't install cars that way ever.
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #5
on: Nov 12, 2017, 12:46 PM

Hey, do you try to install the add-on, the Manual way unzip them, name the folder, use wizard to help? Use Serial # program see if no #'s R the same. Just trying to help Andrew good day.

The official EA addon cars are all EXE files.  I think it looks for the game through the registry but I could be wrong.

Reply #6
on: Nov 12, 2017, 1:21 PM

How do I install the EA addon cars if its portable? I have HS on my laptop twice one for mod and one for stock and I wanted the addon cars but the EXE's can't find the game.
The official EA addon cars are all EXE files.  I think it looks for the game through the registry but I could be wrong.
well, try this archive i did 2days ago... i also have one for nfs3 ;)
Just unzip it to the game folder

Code: [Select]
https://www.ulozto.net/!QjKvW4WVd/nfs3-all-official-addon-cars-7z
https://www.ulozto.net/!MdQGPui6yGUv/nfs4-all-official-addon-cars-7z

i also did wrote instructions one year ago how to install nfs1 (emulated with dosbox), nfs2 (64bit installer and sdb+sound patch), nfs3 (veg modern patch) and nfs4 (SP/EP) but in czech... i updated it 2 days ago with nfs2 cross-platform wrapper and vegs modern patch for nfs4 and addons car archive... and planning to translate it ti english as one wanted to link it from some page...

They are laying on the internets... i saw them in 4 languages
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019, 1:12 AM by Keiiko »

Reply #7
on: Nov 12, 2017, 2:52 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Oh, I thought you ment u st user made add-on cars. Not EA's I don't use them, long ago I have. :)
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #8
on: Nov 12, 2017, 3:24 PM

well, try this archive i did 2days ago... i also have one for nfs3 ;)
Just unzip it to the game folder

Code: [Select]
https://ulozto.net/!QjKvW4WVd/nfs3-all-official-addon-cars-7z
https://ulozto.net/!CPA5rTIEPL7P/nfs4-all-official-addon-cars-7z

i also did wrote instructions one year ago how to install nfs1 (emulated with dosbox), nfs2 (64bit installer and sdb+sound patch), nfs3 (veg modern patch) and nfs4 (SP/EP) but in czech... i updated it 2 days ago with nfs2 cross-platform wrapper and vegs modern patch for nfs4 and addons car archive... and planning to translate it ti english as one wanted to link it from some page...

They are laying on the internets... i saw them in 4 languages

Thanks but that's only the international cars, it's missing:

Aston Martin DB7
BMW M Roadster
BMW M Coupe
Lister Storm
Jaguar XJR-15
Ferrari 360 Modena

I have the game installed for real on my desktop I will see if I can use the EXE there to install them then copy the contents to my laptop.

Reply #9
on: Nov 12, 2017, 3:29 PM

Thanks but that's only the international cars, it's missing:

Aston Martin DB7
BMW M Roadster
BMW M Coupe
Lister Storm
Jaguar XJR-15
Ferrari 360 Modena

I have the game installed for real on my desktop I will see if I can use the EXE there to install them then copy the contents to my laptop.

No, it contains ALL of official cars even those you just listed, but EA installed them into SaveData\Cars instead of Data\Cars

Reply #10
on: Nov 12, 2017, 3:30 PM

They are actually not missing. These cars you listed go into SaveData by default.
You need to export all contents into another .viv file, if you want to have them in the Data folder.

edit: Keiiko was faster  8)
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2017, 3:31 PM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #11
on: Nov 12, 2017, 4:56 PM

My mistake I ignored the savedata folder I forgot they go there instead of the cars folder.  Thanks again! I will have to check out the NFS3 one next I don't think I ever downloaded the addon cars for 3

Reply #12
on: Nov 13, 2017, 12:12 AM

My mistake I ignored the savedata folder I forgot they go there instead of the cars folder.  Thanks again! I will have to check out the NFS3 one next I don't think I ever downloaded the addon cars for 3

Dont ignore folders :D i put only related stuff there (same for nfs3 cars or in any other my stuff...)  ;)

even installers copy savedata from cd (or you must do this manually in case of veg patch)

Reply #13
on: Nov 14, 2017, 10:14 AM

Ok hopefully last question... any reason why the AI never picks the Lister Storm or Jaguar XJR15 when you do a full AAA grid race?  I did one and they were all McLarnen's and CLKGTR's

Reply #14
on: Nov 14, 2017, 10:47 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Ok hopefully last question... any reason why the AI never picks the Lister Storm or Jaguar XJR15 when you do a full AAA grid race?  I did one and they were all McLarnen's and CLKGTR's
The XJR15 fedata files somehow disallow the AI from picking it. You could grab the fedata from the F1 or CLK and copy/paste the XJR15 data in it.

Support NFSAddons: