NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 7:15 AM

NFSIIIHP Car Names in HotPursuit (Audio Files) to be moved to NFSHS

This is a discussion for the topic NFSIIIHP Car Names in HotPursuit (Audio Files) to be moved to NFSHS on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: NFSIIIHP Car Names in HotPursuit (Audio Files) to be moved to NFSHS  (Read 8143 times)

18 Replies on NFSIIIHP Car Names in HotPursuit (Audio Files) to be moved to NFSHS
on: May 04, 2017, 6:37 PM

I Have the Countach Car from (KillUncle) installed as an addon car in NFSHS, since I have a copy of NFSIII I thought that I could copy the IPspch file from that cd to the highstakes directory in order to hear the cop say the car name in Hot Pursuit. However I get the following error after being kicked out of the game.

"AMF=1515 airadioc(1263) IPspch speech bank for Car0 did not get loaded!"

Does anybody know if this is possible?
Slowly flowing the energy through my body, and falling embers embrace myself.

Reply #1
on: May 05, 2017, 6:17 AM

Yes it is possible but not perfect. Sometimes the cops' voices will change to the female dispatcher's voice or the car name and color will not be mentioned. For the most part, though you will hear the car name mentioned by dispatch which really helps when you're playing as the cop instead of hearing 'sports car' all the time.  :)

I think you have to rename ipspch.viv to ipspche.viv for nfs4 to read the file properly.

If you are stuck, I will be glad to attach all the nfs3 speech files here that I have working in nfs4.  :)

Edit: Make sure the ipspche file is in the folder of the car you want to use it with and NOT in the nfshs directory.  :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 6:19 AM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #2
on: May 05, 2017, 7:19 PM

Hey! Thanks a lot. I'm going to try renaming the file and doing some tests tomorrow. So I'll let you know.

Just so you know, what I'm trying to do is my own version of NFSHS. I want for it to have the cars that where on NFSIII that where not included on NFSHS (Scighera, Countach, Ferrari F355 Spider, Spectre R42, to name a few) that way I can have the best of both worlds.

Reply #3
on: May 06, 2017, 1:14 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
Hey! Thanks a lot. I'm going to try renaming the file and doing some tests tomorrow. So I'll let you know.

Just so you know, what I'm trying to do is my own version of NFSHS. I want for it to have the cars that where on NFSIII that where not included on NFSHS (Scighera, Countach, Ferrari F355 Spider, Spectre R42, to name a few) that way I can have the best of both worlds.

I was actually trying to do the same a while ago, but some of the cars are a bit difficult to find.

Reply #4
on: May 06, 2017, 1:29 PM

Sounds cool. I did a project like that a while back as well. Memphis made a lot of mid to high poly versions of some nfs3 cars which looks awesome(and thanks to Vegs Patch, it's possible to use them in game  :D). If I recall he did the Ferrari 550 Maranello, Italdesign Scighera, and the Ferrari 456 just to name a few. There are many other authors out there who also made higher detail versions of the nfs3 cars.

If this helps here is a list of high detail nfs3 cars that I currently have in nfs4:

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage (Tonis Taru and Cooya)
Chevrolet Corvette C5 coupe (XJ220)
Ferrari 355 F1 Spider (Ortwin)
Ferrari 550 Maranello (Memphis)
Ferrari 456 GT (Memphis)
HSV Coupe GTO (Zpectre)
Italdesign Scighera (Memphis)
Jaguar XJR-15 (Bandenchef)
Lamborghini Countach 25th Ann. (Bandenchef)
Lamborghini Diablo SV (Venom800TT)
Lister Storm (???)
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR (Cougar3_8)
Mercedes-Benz SL600 (D.A.W.G.)
Spectre R42 (XenTek)

So far no one ever did a high detail version of the Jaguar XK8 and the El Nino.  8)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 1:31 PM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #5
on: May 06, 2017, 8:33 PM

Thanks a lot guys.

Zalcus20: I tried what you told me about the ipspche.viv files however it didn't work. I'll be glad if you could share the audio files.

Also, thanks for telling me about the cars from memphis, however I'll have to pass. I just like the low poly's from Ryouji it gives that retro vive to the game, and always reminds me of the countless hours i put to this game, and still do  ;), when I was a kid.

If you like when I finish getting the perfect blend I'm working on I can share it to you guys.

Reply #6
on: May 07, 2017, 7:31 AM

Doesn't work? Do you mean that the game crashes on loading screen? Anyway, here are the Ipspche.viv files. I have to send them in three parts since there is a size restriction.  :)

Reply #7
on: May 07, 2017, 7:32 AM

Reply #8
on: May 07, 2017, 7:34 AM

Part 3:

EDIT: You're totally welcome.  :) Yeah NFS3 takes me back to my childhood, too (was my first racing game I owned). To have the cars and tracks from NFS3 in NFS4 is totally cool as I can 'relive the magic' of those days, heh heh.  :D

Like I said earlier, you won't get perfect integration of speech in game. I forgot though that the cops will usually say 'sportscar' first, then dispatch (female voice) will say the car name.
         If you're pursuit starts with the auxiliary cop, you'll hear the cop say 'in pursuit of a sportscar" but the voice will change to a female voice  :o. But dispatch will always say the correct car name. Hopefully those slight glitches won't be too annoying and you'll find using the speech files acceptable.  ^-^
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 7:47 AM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #9
on: May 07, 2017, 6:59 PM

Thanks a lot!

I'm going to try them out on the course of the week, since I've got to work.

Reply #10
on: May 09, 2017, 4:21 PM

I managed to test it out, and it worked out perfectly in the end.

Thanks a lot!

The only comments that I would say for anyone downloading these files are:

1. It only works for the Tracks that where in the original NFSIIIHP.
2. At the begining when you are the racer, they skip the 'sportscar' in the audio. For example: I'm in pursuit of a ___ near the ruins. Afterwards dispatch says the name of the car. For the Cops side I believe it's the same I guess.

Reply #11
on: May 09, 2017, 5:18 PM

Great! I'm glad it works for you and that you don't mind the glitches.  :) It is possible to have the speech available on the other tracks. All that has to be done is to rename the ipspch.viv file. However, the speech accents differ on those other tracks and sounds kinda weird (really bugs me  :P). BTW, the speech will be the same when playing as a cop.  ;)

Glad to be of assistance.  ;)

Edit: I would upload these files here but I feel they are too glitchy to do so.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 5:23 PM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #12
on: May 10, 2017, 11:25 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
So it can work now, you too, for Nfs4 how can I do this on my last track update, get the files.change my sounds, I ment, Good works Zalcus 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:27 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #13
on: May 10, 2017, 12:06 PM

I have yet to try out your track. Really liking the new textures. Though I'm not sure how to change sounds on a track. T3ed maybe?  ???

Reply #14
on: May 10, 2017, 5:12 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
No I was talking, about being able to change,  the Default Cops, an Dispatch, sounds, to the less older one. Rite,.make it sound better,.like you an the other guy, here said, so how can I get these Edited, files, you have, ) to make my Track better, in HP. Mode pal. Can you link my them an just have a read me,.about how install them. Um, k not the Track editor for Sounds.
I'm trying to fix this left bank, thing, from start/finish, line but thanks for liking the track just Comment under it to helps  :)
Been much Strees this week, my bank, etc..so.. that track was much work, an time, an love for the Old game I did Zalcus.
Can't you tell me any info, about, your Screen of the day,front page, the CCX in the lake what was going on there ?)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 5:16 PM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Support NFSAddons: