NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 4:12 AM

Bringing my model emergency vehicles collection to life

This is a discussion for the topic Bringing my model emergency vehicles collection to life on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Bringing my model emergency vehicles collection to life  (Read 34986 times)

Reply #15
on: May 19, 2017, 7:30 PM

That's some impressive collection you have got there.

And the Aurora lightbar is quite interesting piece of emergency lighting history. I read all the time, how unreliable it was, and always broken, but damn I sure would want one. =D Maybe because nowadays they are getting different treatment by the collectors, than back in day, used in all possible weather condition by firefighters or local PD. But it shows in the price too.

Also, it's great to see that you have updated your 'road tough' police car. :D

I still remember that I had a clone with POLICE lettering and no lightbar. I am also pretty sure that it was actually a slicktop, without any holes drilled in the roof. Unfortunately one day I lost it while playing outside, and it took me years before I found another one, this time with the usual HIGH WAY PATROL and SHERIFF lettering, which is still pretty much in mint condition to this day. :cool:

I think you're thinking of Road Tough, I believe Yatming called them Road Tough but yeah I know what it's like to loose a piece, I remember once when I was little playing outside with my Matchbox 1979 Plymouth Gran Fury sheriff and someone stole it, Later they brought it to school and I saw it there and went to take it back but teachers thought it was their's since they too had diecast vehicles and so I lost it (as there's no real way to mark them with your name) but now all these years later I have it again as well as other variations of that car thanks to Ebay. As for Rough Tough, That name would fit one of the police cars I bought off of Nik (RacingFreak) It's the Mercedes Bulgarian police, One looks fabulous and even better after I detailed it, But the other one was a bit rough, I thought maybe detailing it's front and back to match the perfect one would help since it's was black, Bad idea, Should have left it black cause it hid the wear and damages it got over the years :P.

NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #16
on: Oct 25, 2017, 8:00 PM

Long time no post, Well that will change  ::) :P Do any of you remember these 2 1971 AMC/Rambler matador police cars sold in the 1970's-1980's at Dollar General for about .50 a car? Well I was lucky enough to have bought both variants as a kid and now thanks to a talented modeler named RenaFox I can also add these to the list.

Reply #17
on: Oct 25, 2017, 8:58 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Great old Cop car Model's Paul yup  :D hard to believe there not broken, from you having them from a Child. So glad there not. I don't remember seeing Dollar General, around back then just the last 10yrs,or so in my towns.
Nice works on making them, Cars maybe you drive them, on my Track in a few weeks,or so... :police: but,for now I have Fixing to do On her  ^-^ it's all working great,with Tricks to it.
How to drive it properly, is what I'm saying...
I'm hoping to get any,Donations... for it.
Because,I have much time,an all into it. Cause I need help,I'm a Disabled guy..
So try not getting Upset at me. I like your thread here.
Ttul.  8)
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #18
on: Oct 26, 2017, 4:58 AM

Love that Matador  :police:  Looks great.

Will you release it? How many polies does that model have?

Reply #19
on: Oct 26, 2017, 7:35 AM

Love that Matador  :police:  Looks great.

Will you release it? How many polies does that model have?

Yes, Both will be released soon as game tested, The PA light version is just over 6920 and the TwinSonic version is just a tad over 6000 polies.

Reply #20
on: Oct 26, 2017, 10:04 AM

It wil be the first Rambler in nfs4 (or even all titles).I have a weak spot for long gone american brands.There are so many Fords and Chevrolets for nfs4.But we also have a Hudson Hornet, AMC Gremlin and Javelin, Duesenberg, Studebaker Avanti, Tucker, Stutz to name a few.

Nice work Paul.

Reply #21
on: Oct 27, 2017, 11:52 AM

It wil be the first Rambler in nfs4 (or even all titles).Nice work Paul.

NO! ::) You're forgetting that Rambler is AMC. Indeed the first Rambler to pop up was that Javelin,Who ever made it) and they also did the Alabama State Police one too :police:.

Reply #22
on: Oct 28, 2017, 7:36 AM

AMC has a pretty confusing history.

By 1955 there was a Nash/Hudson Rambler.In the sixties they decided to reintroduce the car as Rambler American.In 1967 the Ambassador and Marlin were AM cars, by '68 they were called AMC.

nfs4 AMC cars:

AMC Gremlin by Buckmurdoc
AMC Gremlin Pro Stock Grinder by Driven_out
AMC Javelin '72 by Ryan T.
Thanks Sniper for converting (MCO) '69 AMC AMX

Reply #23
on: Oct 28, 2017, 3:11 PM

• Personal Text
^
Hi Noise that was a Nice History Lesson, I just learned from you  ) about AMC Cars my friend long ago had, that Loud Fast, AMX was Wild shifting them Gears did 110mph that day jacked it down, before we get Hurt  :o on a country road  or it was 95 mph,we did?
So that brought back that good time,he didn't have it so long Sold it.
Ditto-.
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2017, 5:11 AM by WiLL »

Reply #24
on: Nov 02, 2017, 7:31 PM

Generic Sheriff-Police Matador has been identified FINALLY, Company was MegaMovers, I recently snagged a 4 set stash from Ebay and found there was a white one made like the black &white with a single FederalSignal PA light vs TwinSonic they put on the other white one, It also kept the same original "correct" round headlights and not the ugly square ones,As these were generic and selling for $1.00-$3.00 in 4 piece sets painting quality was sometimes so-so as seen on this white car.:

Large crack in the paint but it did hold so I didn't opt to repaint it.

Intresting how on the white car the Sheriff-Police on the trunk got all out of alinement but is perfect on the other version and even final version with FederalSignal TwinSonic???

Also anyone know of a good Wolsley 680 base I can use to make this 1954 classic from the days when Bobbies still used bells opposed to sirens and had NO blue lights LOL?:

Checked GTA sites and no model so I'm guessing one ain't been made yet.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2017, 7:34 PM by Paul Spain »

Reply #25
on: Nov 02, 2017, 8:59 PM

• Personal Text

Nice old Blue Cop car Paul neat pics looks real Challenging making that :-)

Reply #26
on: Nov 03, 2017, 7:02 AM

Nice old Blue Cop car Paul neat pics looks real Challenging making that :-)

Must have been the lighting, The OLD British cop car is black. The real ones it's based on was black too but they did have a blue with white POLICE sign mounted on the front grill but no blue light or siren,Just a clanging bell back then and twin PA on the roof.

Reply #27
on: Nov 17, 2017, 6:32 AM

Hey Paul, nice release of the Matador. Really cool car.
I have a question to another project of yours  :)

What happend to the '74 Monaco cop from THIS thread?

Did you ever release this one? Couldn't find it at nfspolicehq. The high polycount shouldn't be such an issue anymore...

Greetings

Reply #28
on: Nov 17, 2017, 7:54 AM

• Personal Text
Nice shots there MadMan Bud,yup can you tell me the Link on the Matador. I'm sure it's on Cop Hq. site?
But, i have no ISP, till i get back to town so it Blows.. Thanks anyways for telling about it.
have a well,weekend bro  ^-^

Reply #29
on: Nov 22, 2017, 9:52 PM

Hey Paul, nice release of the Matador. Really cool car.
I have a question to another project of yours  :)

What happend to the '74 Monaco cop from THIS thread?

Did you ever release this one? Couldn't find it at nfspolicehq. The high polycount shouldn't be such an issue anymore...

Greetings

It should be there :O It was released a long time ago though I plan to improove it some (for starters giving it Frank's new reworked AeroDynic) and sticking a better driver in it.

Support NFSAddons: