NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 7:33 PM

Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project

This is a discussion for the topic Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project  (Read 44709 times)

Reply #30
on: Mar 24, 2017, 5:39 PM
Administrator Hero Member

That was a cool video, loved the music. :) Kinda agree with Cooya on the colour but I must admit it's very subtle.
Also thought at first that the tires look a bit too grey, but after checking some photos of the real thing I guess it doesn't look too far off. Perfect 100% black wouldn't look right either.

Maybe the wheels are wobbly because it just landed after a jump. I just read a story on the filming of the DoH series, that almost every stunt car used for a jump was instantly totaled. No wonder they went through hundreds of Chargers over the course of all those seasons.

Reply #31
on: Mar 24, 2017, 8:52 PM

That was a cool video, loved the music. :) Kinda agree with Cooya on the colour but I must admit it's very subtle.
Also thought at first that the tires look a bit too grey, but after checking some photos of the real thing I guess it doesn't look too far off. Perfect 100% black wouldn't look right either.

Maybe the wheels are wobbly because it just landed after a jump. I just read a story on the filming of the DoH series, that almost every stunt car used for a jump was instantly totaled. No wonder they went through hundreds of Chargers over the course of all those seasons.

Pure black is too dark to show up in the game usually, I use a shade on my pic editor (PhotoImpact 4.2) that is one over from black, I can post a pic of the color when I get home.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #32
on: Mar 24, 2017, 10:03 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Great Works... Madman Wish we'll with, it all.
yeah,.I'm not into that to Red color look to much either.
No worries,  my textures project has been kicking my A$# too.
8) :}
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #33
on: Mar 25, 2017, 12:46 AM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
I need to post in this thread more often. You're doing a great job with the textures and details, MADMAN! I'd go for a textured face on the driver, it's not too hard to make it look good with the room you have.

Reply #34
on: Mar 25, 2017, 10:10 AM

You guys should do more pursuit races :)
The wheels are wobbling because i hit a spike strip before.

Yes, I thought about tinting the wheels slightly darker. But thats something that doesnt bother me much; can be done quickly if needed.

Reply #35
on: Apr 04, 2017, 1:12 PM

Have reworked all the small details. The wheels are darker now.
Increased the polycount of the side mirror to look more smooth, also made the mirror the proper :OLM part.

Front passenger windows are removed.
Rear side windows and crossed flags set as :OT part - as well as the side charger emblems, so the alpha channel is properly displayed. This way the convertible option will give a somewhat "clean" General Lee version.

Gave the antenna a small shadow and fixed an overlapping at the door inlays. Furthermore i worked on the damage model - fixed biggest issues with :OC parts peaking through the body etc.

Bo is still pretty lonely in there, but im about to fix that :)

edit: added pic of convertible option
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017, 3:39 AM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #36
on: Apr 04, 2017, 8:42 PM

• Personal Text
Looking Great!! Madman great Work, like always...  =D  8)

Reply #37
on: Apr 06, 2017, 4:27 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Nice update, I like the tires better now. (for a second I thought Luke was going to be the :OT part ;)  )
Really looking forward to its release.

Reply #38
on: Apr 18, 2017, 1:23 PM

The car is making progress. Finally the duke boys are joint and ready to save the Farm once again... Reworked some interior details, textures and the LOD mesh. I started working on a handling file as well.

Though, have a problem with the driver head ... and i hope some of the experienced modelers here can help me out.

It is some kind of animation bug and it only appears during an actual race. In menu everything works just fine. Some polies/vertices seems to get stucked when the :OH is moving. So it will look like Bo's face is melting.
Have you ever experienced this? What can i do to avoid this?
Again, in menu everything is fine but during race the driver's face is melting.
Help!  :(

Got some pictures of recent state here. Also uploaded a video of the problem for better visualisation. Hope the issue can be recognised despite the youtube compression.

https://www.youtube.com/v/jgOQbI2n03k

The last two screenshot you can also see the glitched driver face.

Reply #39
on: Apr 18, 2017, 4:30 PM

• Personal Text
Hi i've had a Loong-,busy Traffic, day drove 145+ miles,not used to it so much.. an did my Dentist drills, an had a Cleaning done to. So it was a Good thing, now About your Drivers, Face, I looked an seen something, not all Rite but.. it Really doesn't matter to me,Cause.  :o  ???

I'm looking at the Great looking General Lee, new Improved Car. An I can't see the Driver very well.
Try not to worry about it to much Madman :}
An,hope maybe Frank can give you a Hand with it all.
I need, um some help in the Index,Fsh. File but, I have not anyone to help explain, what to do. About! Pad 000%%%% means on Mirred textures, for my project, I was.. working on, or trying to. ::)
But, so it's not my thing I guess, trying to fix Empire up, from the Cds.  But using 24 bit textures doesn't work, for mirrored ones. Head is tired... nice pics btw. Pal  =D

Reply #40
on: Apr 18, 2017, 5:28 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Did you check if all vertices of :OH are marked as "rotatable" in Zmod? And wherether the :OH part has the axis in the right place (centered, and just when it connects to the neck)?

Reply #41
on: Apr 18, 2017, 10:32 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
AJ was faster -LOL yeah but that's my experience, too on that issue, all :OH verts need to be checked 'rotatable', just as a tipp: I place the rotating axis by the driver's neck on the 'Atlas bone' so the head's movement looks more 'natural', if you're uncertain just place the main working axis there and rotate :OH manually few times ... ;)

btw ... love those wheels, simply great - well done Madman!
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017, 10:36 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #42
on: Apr 19, 2017, 1:50 AM

Nice job on that Dodge, damage model looks quite decent, too! As for the head, guys here make it much faster than me :)
BTW, i remember that Vette '57 by Burnout had the same issue with driver head as is.

Reply #43
on: Apr 19, 2017, 6:58 AM

Hey, that exactly was the issue!
Had to set all vertices rotatable. Thanks guys for the tipps.

Just got confused, cause the FCE custom settings state ":OD part only"
Also strange the menu seems to have a different animation routine.
However, im glad that it's fixed now :)

Reply #44
on: Apr 19, 2017, 9:29 AM

• Personal Text
I would be Real Glad to if,my Project could get "Fixed' ..So i'm Getting other Patches i need now,Nice Skeleton Pic Frank  =D  A lot Splines in that stuff i see. RuFF  ;) an Good Day too u all.  ???

Support NFSAddons: