NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:21 AM

Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project

This is a discussion for the topic Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project  (Read 44683 times)

82 Replies on Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project
on: Mar 15, 2017, 4:45 AM

Im tinkering on another movie car and wanted to show off some pics.

It's the famous '69 Charger "General Lee" from the "Dukes of Hazzard".

Base-car is the great NFS-Carbon conversion from Reggaeton RS.
Guess most of us got along with Addict's version so far, which is a great car, but it was created in 1999 (!).

In the meantime there was a lot of development in the scene, so im wondering no one considered a repolished version of this classic :)

Exterior body work and appearance are almost done. Still working on the wheels though (one work-in-progress-wheel can be seen). Used Blender and the method from this tutorial to create basic wheel shape.  Thanks due Freak-DS, who (very very patiently) explained some basic Z-Modeler stuff to me in the past, im getting more comfortable with Z-Modeler and did most detail work with it (e.g. texture-mapping, Push-Bar and the crossed flags at rear window).

The car's interior still misses lot of detailing. I plan to add a rollcage, 2 drivers, animated steering wheel and a new antenna.

Reply #1
on: Mar 15, 2017, 6:20 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Congrats to this great idea Madman! :D .. originally planned to also make a Gen' Lee version based on my reworked version of Krystoff's Charger but now you leapfrogged me -LOL

If I hadn't been 'delayed' by the current admittedly 'escalating' F250 project I would've started my reworks on the '77 Fury for the '75/'76 variant on which I was also planning a new Sheriff Rosco's copcar and simultaneously a General Lee Charger version, but it is simply great that someone took initiative on another great TV show/movie car!!! ^-^

I can offer you to use some stuff that would match this fabulous project like e.g. the interior that was also adapted from the NFSC Charger, the driver(s) or sound files that already provide the famous Dixie horn .. whatever you can make use of .. =D =D =D

If you want to use for example the interior I can assist you on re-adapting it to the NFSC Charger since I downscaled the whole car to real size ..

Wish you many many success on it, keep up great work and more ideas like that! Yeeehaaaaw! =D
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 6:31 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #2
on: Mar 15, 2017, 6:29 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Yup, an that was a great post there Frank,.an.them new wheels Rims, look great to!!) I think the Blender program is really Complicated, an but very good one. Effective ;) if I was younger only I could ever learn these things.. my excuses huh..  ::)
Okay,.I'm not sure my pc is strong enough to run that any how..no worry,.
Yes great works so far Madman on it.  =D glad your doing things still  8)
An was cool of Freaks help too.
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #3
on: Mar 15, 2017, 6:35 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Yeah .. and I'm really happy that NFS comes alive again by and by not only that cars were still made but people take action in creating new cars by themselves not just converting from other games (this is not meant to be an offense to anyone btw) .. need to calm down poor old me this is too exiting .. ^-^

Hope this example will catch on with others to revitalize their abilities, we have such great car makers in here .. :o
Quote from: WiLL
if I was younger only I could ever learn these things..
You can become old as a cow you can still learn how to better mowwww .... =D
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 6:56 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #4
on: Mar 15, 2017, 7:02 AM

• Personal Text
Yeah, agree Frank lolz-' on the Cow talk...

Reply #5
on: Mar 15, 2017, 9:35 AM

Hey, nice choice here, Madman. I still remember Addict's version as one of my first cars I ever tried as addon cars for HS. Didn't knew anything about serial number changes at the time, tho  :D Hope to see it finished soon. And possibly, use Frank's handling settings on NFSC as a base. At least that's the combination I'm using currently, works like a charm.
Any plans for further migration into '68 or '70? I don't think that I need to say where iconic black '68 R/T was used very same year?  :)

Reply #6
on: Mar 15, 2017, 12:00 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Forgot to add still .. if you need any help on the wheels, let me know ok? ^-^ ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 12:20 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #7
on: Mar 15, 2017, 12:26 PM

Hey, nice choice here, Madman. I still remember Addict's version as one of my first cars I ever tried as addon cars for HS. Didn't knew anything about serial number changes at the time, tho  :D Hope to see it finished soon. And possibly, use Frank's handling settings on NFSC as a base. At least that's the combination I'm using currently, works like a charm.
Any plans for further migration into '68 or '70? I don't think that I need to say where iconic black '68 R/T was used very same year?  :)

Oh, i would love to see a well made/converted '68 Charger. Thats my favorite charger too, the Hitmen-charger from Bullitt :)
But there are no plans to rebuild it into a '68 Charger by me.

Handlingwise nothing is set yet. Not sure if it will be rather realistic or more arcadish... we will see ;)

Reply #8
on: Mar 15, 2017, 12:54 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hehe, remember that one, was my first classic Charger and again a Smokey! original .. ^-^
Reworked that a bit with an ODL and gave it the GT wheels from Ryan Trevisol's Shelby Mustang 350R back then too .. ;)

Cool one by Smokey, he had a good feeling for classic muscle cars when they actually weren't in focus those days like they are in recent days ... :)
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 12:59 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #9
on: Mar 16, 2017, 4:49 AM

Tires and new Antenna are in place.

I tried to match the teardrop-shaped CB antenna that was used in the first 4 seasons of the tv-show.

Next is the interior.

Reply #10
on: Mar 16, 2017, 9:05 AM

• Personal Text
Great.  Nice old pic of Luke there,) an that must be MC Mod,show room menu, ? I never installed it yet.
I have to Run to town, now lunch time... great work!
Madman sure. :) good day Ttul.

Reply #11
on: Mar 16, 2017, 11:14 AM

Good ol' days... i bet they had plenty of fun creating the show back then :D

https://www.youtube.com/v/VBfrJHs56cA

Found that vid of all jumps until year 2000. No wonder they totaled more than 150 chargers due to stunt jumps.

"Hold on, cousin..."  :D

Reply #12
on: Mar 16, 2017, 12:48 PM

Great.  Nice old pic of Luke there,) an that must be MC Mod,show room menu, ? I never installed it yet.
I have to Run to town, now lunch time... great work!
Madman sure. :) good day Ttul.

Sorry but that is Bo NOT Luke, Luke was the black headed one with a favor toward plaid shirts where as Bo wore plain shirts ,Mostly a light yellow color.

MadMan_nfs:

I need to get my Rosco and other police cars done :P.

I been working on so much when I get time to, I usually have 10 or more projects going at once and it gets hecktic when my job schedules overtime and thus I have to wait til I have free time. As for the General Lee, I have the old one but this new one you made looks much better :). Did you copy the TGA from the old one or make a new one?

I only wish James Best was still around to show this to :(. I'll never forget when I met him. :).

NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #13
on: Mar 16, 2017, 4:09 PM

• Personal Text
@Paul well so my Dukes,show names are Rusty,some been 25 yrs. Since I watched on Tv. So Excuse me.. k geez, an, ok the Blonde guy is Bow... then. Same Difference, in the show.. s on people just have an Ax to grind.. must be,. :(For no good reason. I knew you or others, would point that out, nit pic it's no big deal.. so

Now I'm saying your Rosco car looks like a good Replacement, Replication..

Reply #14
on: Mar 16, 2017, 4:55 PM

@Paul well so my Dukes,show names are Rusty,some been 25 yrs. Since I watched on Tv. So Excuse me.. k geez, an, ok the Blonde guy is Bow... then. Same Difference, in the show.. s on people just have an Ax to grind.. must be,. :(For no good reason. I knew you or others, would point that out, nit pic it's no big deal.. so

Now I'm saying your Rosco car looks like a good Replacement, Replication..

Oh yeah, Looks a helluva lot better than my old one I made from Baardk's car, I only keep that one around for parts now and to get stuff off the TGA for the new bases I'm using made from a car made by RenaFox. Personally though I have no ax to grind except for the certain TV station that caved into whiners complaining over the Confederate flag on top of General Lee and have agreed to stop showing Dukes Of Hazzard and to the stores that have agreed to stop selling their merchandise..All cause whiners complained over that flag. I say you don't like don't watch,don't like don't buy..But it seems we're all about trying to please everyone these days vs individuality, I'm proud to be 100% non conformist and Southern :).
NFS HighStakes is the best

Support NFSAddons: