NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 9:10 AM

SetupMP - GUI setup for NFS3/4 Modern Patchs

This is a discussion for the topic SetupMP - GUI setup for NFS3/4 Modern Patchs on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: SetupMP - GUI setup for NFS3/4 Modern Patchs  (Read 16095 times)

Reply #15
on: Jan 23, 2017, 7:55 AM

I just tested you setupMP and it works fine here on Win 10 64 Bit.
^-^

(...) Maybe you could add checks for the speech folders and disable the ones not available.
Yeah, thats problem NOW, but i think in later versions of VEGs MP for nfs4, he will include all languages like in his nfs3 MP...

But yeah, some day maybe. buuuuut you can do that by yourself when I release source as i wrote :D which will be someday this week when I will have some free time :-\

Reply #16
on: Jan 23, 2017, 9:29 AM

Nice work. I have not noticed bigger problems apart from the language-selection with NFS4.
Indeed, changing the language will result in crash at some point. Solution: stay with default language :)

Really only minor issues.

Though, i would suggest you add a choice "manual" to the "TrashDriver" section, that doesn't alter the "ThrashDriver=" line in the nfs4.ini - this way it will be possible to set new drivers (like different render versions or zbag's driver) without casuing conflicts to your setupMP.
The tooltip/description of the language selection is reffering to NFS3 only but should be generalised.

Greetings

Reply #17
on: Jan 23, 2017, 1:15 PM

Nice work. (...)
^-^

(...) Though, i would suggest you add a choice "manual" to the "TrashDriver" section, that doesn't alter the "ThrashDriver=" line in the nfs4.ini - this way it will be possible to set new drivers (like different render versions or zbag's driver) without casuing conflicts to your setupMP. (...)
So, in TrashDriver section should be "manual" option to add another/new one? hmmm... It could be in menu under edit. But I'm not sure about this. ??? You can change "ThrashDriver=" and different version of driver in internal variables to anything you want. ;)

But yeah, some day maybe. buuuuut you can do that by yourself when I release source as i wrote :D which will be someday this week when I will have some free time :-\

(...) The tooltip/description of the language selection is reffering to NFS3 only but should be generalised.

Yeah, no descriptions in VEGs nfs4 readme, so it is the same right now, but it is possible to do different tooltip/description for nfs4...

Reply #18
on: Jan 23, 2017, 1:57 PM

So, in TrashDriver section should be "manual" option to add another/new one? hmmm... It could be in menu under edit. But I'm not sure about this. ??? You can change "ThrashDriver=" and different version of driver in internal variables to anything you want. ;)

Yes, i can change "TrashDriver=" to anything i want. But when i press "Save & Run" any value your setup doesn't know will be replaced with nglide.
So i give you an example: I have an extra folder with dx6 of NFS3. I named the folder "dx6nfs3" for example (can also be "Zeckensack" or "dgVoodoo253" etc.). When i set "ThrashDriver=dx6nfs3" your setup will not recognise it and replace with "ThrashDriver=nglide".
Therefor an option that just ignores the "ThrashDriver="-setting and keeps the current value would be useful. Thats all i suggested :)

Grretings

Reply #19
on: Jan 23, 2017, 2:07 PM

oooh, now i understand :) ill add that in next update

Reply #20
on: Jan 30, 2017, 7:45 AM

SOURCE files are here!

https://github.com/Keiiko/SetupMP/releases/tag/v0.1.0.0

so i finally uploaded source files as promised, feel free to play with it (btw, "restrictions" are described in license link)

You can also submit issues here and even pull requests, so when you do some nice work on it i can add it to main branch... and also creating your own version of this and even publishing is allowed (licence must be same and I must be credited) :)
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2017, 8:06 AM by Keiiko »

Reply #21
on: Nov 19, 2018, 5:56 AM

NEW version here!

Download here
http://xcx.4fan.cz/setup-for-modern-packs/

Sources and alternative download link there
https://github.com/Keiiko/SetupMP/releases/tag/v0.2.0.0

New version with new features!

News in 0.2.0.0:
  • Added NFS2 Wrapper settings
  • Custom Thrash drivers support and management
  • Custom Icon
  • Added more links
  • Minor menu layout, graphical and about page changes

Check first post for full readme

Reply #22
on: Dec 17, 2018, 3:17 AM

Thanks for adding NFS2 support !
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Support NFSAddons: