NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 11:15 AM

'Communist Block'

This is a discussion for the topic 'Communist Block' on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: 'Communist Block'  (Read 23237 times)

Reply #30
on: Apr 04, 2017, 11:14 AM

Frank I thought you might want to see the improovements I have made to your reworked version of the F.E.R. bar used by D.D.R. and U.S.S.R. (U.S.S.R. for what ever reason bends the mounting feet up at angles  ??? ::) )

First off I too once thought they would have had a grill type design on the top for running the wiring of the lights and siren through there, Turns out though they are a plank,(like I was mentioning to you some time back in a mail) What was done was to drill holes in it to run the wiring through as seen here.:

OR alternatively they also just ran it directly behind or underneath the bar by drilling a hole into the roof of the vehicle it was mounted on (and I'd hope adding some kind of sealer around that to keep water out when it rained  =D) Notice the small hole added right under the bar.:

I found this out by A: Asking the former VoPo and NVA folks I've met on forums and B: Googleing for images :).

Older versions of the F.E.R. gumball was huge compared to the 1978-1990, They made much improovements to the overall size of the light..Original 1950-1978 gumballs shown:.

U.S.S.R. version with bent feet (looks wierd in my opinion but for accuracy I DID make this so yeah :P ).

There was also a version of the bar I'd call a double bar that has 2 intersecting frameworks built into it, I guess a more reinforced version for what ever reason.:

That one was NOT easy to make but I pulled it off I think :D :).

You'll also notice they now have full transparent gumballs and rotators added :D :).

Here is the Lada 2101 refitted with the OLD type lights,I also redid the VoPo paint scheme using actual pics of the cars vs trying to replicate their army green shade,It looks alot better now and the star decals are now from pics of the actual decals too, Before I was using a pic from one of their books retouched a bit :P.

Next up is to add a rotator to the Tesla AZD 501 :D :) and then redo the many vehicles I have eqquiped with this siren/light combo. 

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017, 3:26 PM by Paul Spain »
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #31
on: Apr 04, 2017, 4:19 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Cool reworks Paul .. so you have meanwhile learned to use ZModeler rather than CarCad? =D

I like your 2105 Lada best here, if you send it over I can do something about the normals still ::)

I can also try to map the bonnet lettering to the hood's faces rather, this will look a bit better than the layered vinyl ^-^
 .. or is it part of multitexturing maybe? Does it have an ODL already? .. just asking ;)

These building textures from your USSR track look awesome realistic btw I really had to look twice :o :o

Quote from: Paul
.. and then redo the many vehicles I have eqquiped with this siren/light combo
.. this painfully reminds me of my current Tahoe package project, as soon as you reworked a single part or mapping whatever you need to transfer that to all other cars still made, then you do smth. to that last one you're just at and yet you need to transfer things back to all other again -LOL .. :P

Btw I'm finally back home so I can have further look at the Rover project ;) ^-^
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 4:21 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #32
on: Apr 04, 2017, 4:53 PM

The F.E.R. bar was reworked using CarCad and ZModeler, I'm still not that good to scratch build like you, I simply edited verticles and rescaled things a bit bigger to match pics of the bar and on the lights I resized them too, I had to then build a inside plate to mount the rotators to on the light's bases as before there was no inside (as you knew). The rest was easy as all the parts are otherwise unchanged from the original you got.

As for this.:

I had to do the hood decals as seperate pieces as they kept mapping out to be too large when mapped, So I made them seperate pieces, Non the less I can send you this car before I post it up on the H.Q. for refinements, It has another issue I kind of patched up on the rear sides, When Arman made it years ago in CarCad (I don't know how he did it in that as I don't think you can load pics of cars into it like in ZModeler) he left small gaps in the rear sides, You can see the diffrence I did if you download his original car from NFS Cars.
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 10:37 PM by Paul Spain »

Reply #33
on: Aug 13, 2017, 12:12 PM

Ok, been along time I know (was busy with work and such) Latest improovements are vast, I have greatly improoved the Volga M21 and M24 and have since uploaded to NFS Police HQ the M24 Soviet Militia (other improoved versions of other police variants will follow soon), Have got a ColdWar era Lada Niva (turns out the one that has the tall taillights is NOT the one for that period but a more modern 1990's + version, Pity, I thought the one Givix (aka DJ Fuck) made was suitable for my mod but it shall now be reserved for future projects.

This is the style needed for the ColdWar mod:

Simular but you can see the first type used Lada 2106 type taillights vs the kind saw on later models. Thus after looking I found one for GTA Sanandreas made by Diman58rus and converted it over to NFS HighStakes and utilizing :OL effects learned from Lou and Nils.

The first police one is done now and has been posted at NFS Police HQ.:

Frank (or others) feel free to rework these as you see fit  ;).

The Volga M21 (yet to be posted) It too features the great :OL effects I learned from Lou and Nils. I'd hoped to have the civillian one in nice 2 tones like saw here:

But Lou says that is possible but difficult to do. So for now I settled on solid only colors, I'll make some civillian plates for it soon.

Also I left the fender chrome text ВОЛГА on the sides as with VEG Patch this is no longer a poly issue.

Of other intresting note is recent info found, Soviet Militia GAI (highway patrol) and PMG (the standard police patrols) units using 1987 Ford LTD thanks to a deal cut by Gorby. They was eqquiped with Blue/Yellow AeroDynic (simular to French pattern lights) for the PMG and  Red/Blue Whelen 8000 strobe bar for the GAI units. They were donated from New York and Mass. so hence the blue/yellow AeroDynics on some :P.

A PMG unit yet to be marked.:

GAI units.:

And here's how they look once marked.:

For PMG units they would have just had a blue stripe like older GAI units such as this and may have had added ПМГ on the back doors or not..Most didn't.

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017, 12:15 PM by Paul Spain »

Reply #34
on: Oct 01, 2017, 4:07 PM

Latest car for the ColdWar Mod (aka) Communist Block:

This is a classic and beautiful machiene, The 1958 Wartburg 312..Also 1958 seems to be the last time VoPo had Tschakos (seen them and this car in use on the show Blaulicht in a 1958 episode) So I decided to give a Tschako a go (I will also make one for West German police if possible as I like both style hats..Unlike the West version D.D.R. made their's by using a plastic shell and coating it with leather, West German ones was 100% hard leather.

The Tschako was crafted by modding the top of a gumball light and ajusting to fit over the driver's head. For the West German one I'll need to curve the back up a bit more and add a small aluminum flag tab to the front (Pflaume) as they had these too. I also have the station wagon of this (Kombi) but it'snot ready yet.

Vehicle was ripped from the Mafia Ikarus Mod so credits for the base goto who ever created this (has no READ.ME) It's a high poly one at 18246 polys so players will NEED the Veg patch to play with it.

Support NFSAddons: