NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:15 AM

'Sweet Spots' and 'Hot Spots'

This is a discussion for the topic 'Sweet Spots' and 'Hot Spots' on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: 'Sweet Spots' and 'Hot Spots'  (Read 13977 times)

Reply #15
on: Nov 19, 2016, 7:09 PM

Uh, that's another 'Sweet Spot' (and a 'Hot Spot', too I'm afraid) on Hometown 2 v3.0 (Hickey's Town textures used here...)), the parallel road by the Main road, where the small edge by the fence forces the AI cops to do such somersaults like in the picture when they try to follow you up there...
Can anyone remember the movie .. quite similar .. those IL cop cars piling up by the HWY?
And yes, they 'broke my watch', again, of course .. (see recently added pics ^-^.. finally found them on my HDD)
This picture shows my 'Blues Brothers' setup where traffic sedans are Illinois ST Monacos and the auxilary cop car is the Wauconda County Sheriff's vehicle ..
Well, these guys manage to do a lot of mess and trouble, so ..
.. another pic on Empire Backstreets 4.0 shows the classic 'passage through Chicago' featuring CHPD Monacos and a 'left-over' IL State Trooper cop car .. sry. I can't pick better pics on my old machine ...

There used to be a stream on youtube 'what classic NFS stands for ..', sb. knows this? That is .. pure entertainment, for hours and hours, and even quite the way you wish and consider it ..

There's more to come on side two, so turn this sucker over ..  :P

Add:'..and the sixty-four-thousand-Dollar-question is: has anyone recognized the previous quote?' - continues as follows: '... got no friends? got no fun? - Listen to SPLIFF AND YOU'LL SEE THE SUN ...!!!' - The Spliff Radio Show from 1980! Congratulations!

I love these :). Did you make them from our Caprices? On your Dodge Royal Monaco though you need to add front turn signals to them and the grill needs to be a bit taller.  Can you send those to my email? I'd love to have them :D.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #16
on: Nov 19, 2016, 11:49 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Thanks Paul ;)

Yes, it's that old DodgeBoy 90's Caprice base, I tried to adopt it to a '74 Dodge Monaco through the years, I know there are other renditions of that car which might be more realistic but most of them are too highpoly, so I tried to make one that doesn't make the game crash before the VEG Patch came up.

You can of course have them, but I did a lot of different versions of it .. feel free to rework them, the 'Bluesmobile' has an altered 'straight' front bumper yet which I haven't imported to the other modells still.

You're right, the overall look isn't correct at all, what bothers me the most is still the rear.
I managed to make the tail lights somewhat look alike and the license plate (which is inevitable for recognition .. ;)) but there's still the reverse lights from the Caprice that are now redundant for example.

As said I made all important versions of the car that are seen in the movie so far (Illinois ST, Chicago PD and Wauconda County Sheriff) as well as some other cars like a slicktop and a Twinsonic CHP Monaco and a generic Sheriff's vehicle on that base.

It is most fun if you have the Bluesbrothers soundtrack playing during game (I made an image file of it and load it on a virtual CD drive then), it sounds such realistic together with all the Police radio chat, sirens and noises in the background then, as if you were in the movie ;)

Greetings
Frank

Reply #17
on: Nov 20, 2016, 3:53 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
That's a nice set of cruisers there :) Especially the generic Sheriff with the all-red setup looks pretty cool!

Reply #18
on: Nov 20, 2016, 9:12 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Thanks Nils,
.. good to have you here 'back in business' again ..

I really missed your critical inputs somehow ;)

Cheers
Frank
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2016, 9:15 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #19
on: Nov 20, 2016, 10:45 AM

Thanks Paul ;)

Yes, it's that old DodgeBoy 90's Caprice base, I tried to adopt it to a '74 Dodge Monaco through the years, I know there are other renditions of that car which might be more realistic but most of them are too highpoly, so I tried to make one that doesn't make the game crash before the VEG Patch came up.

You can of course have them, but I did a lot of different versions of it .. feel free to rework them, the 'Bluesmobile' has an altered 'straight' front bumper yet which I haven't imported to the other modells still.

You're right, the overall look isn't correct at all, what bothers me the most is still the rear.
I managed to make the tail lights somewhat look alike and the license plate (which is inevitable for recognition .. ;)) but there's still the reverse lights from the Caprice that are now redundant for example.

As said I made all important versions of the car that are seen in the movie so far (Illinois ST, Chicago PD and Wauconda County Sheriff) as well as some other cars like a slicktop and a Twinsonic CHP Monaco and a generic Sheriff's vehicle on that base.

It is most fun if you have the Bluesbrothers soundtrack playing during game (I made an image file of it and load it on a virtual CD drive then), it sounds such realistic together with all the Police radio chat, sirens and noises in the background then, as if you were in the movie ;)

Greetings
Frank

Great, I will see if I can tweak the back for you, I'm good at changing shapes on things in CarCad as it's easier to do that in than Zmodeler :). I'm off work til tommorow so gohead and send. It will be easy to add the missing lights to the base (turn signals and on the 1974 model side turn signals) Have you looked at the MoPar base I got from RenaFox yet that me and Nils edited? I made several cars from that..

1975-1976 Plymouth Fury

1976 Dodge Coronet

1977-1978 Dodge Monaco (better than Baardk's as his had some weird issues on the hood where it didn't wanna select spots when you went to edit the paint job on it and also the shape on the back part of the roof support was way too big, Car body was also way too wide..I got a few comments on it like that when I had used it to do the Dukes Of Hazzard police and sheriff cars so i stopped using it and sook a better base.)

1977-1978 Plymouth Fury

All these cars was made from RenaFox's 1978 Dodge Monaco she posted at SketchFab. she has other cars too I'm looking into like the AMC Matador, As you might know that was used by alot of police,sheriffs,and state troopers too.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2016, 10:53 AM by Paul Spain »

Reply #20
on: Nov 20, 2016, 9:28 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Yeah I know these cars, I am also looking into Police H.Q. sometimes, you know ;)

Pity that they didn't come earlier since I had reworked all my cars like the 1978 Dodge Monaco CHP on Baardk's old base but through the years I also reworked that bit by bit like I rescaled the widht, height and stuff ..

The other Monacos will be on their way to .. is that correct, Illinois? ;) as soon as I have them zipped!

Greetings
Frank
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2016, 9:33 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #21
on: Nov 20, 2016, 10:53 PM

The AMC Matador isn't posted yet because I haven't downloaded it from Rena just yet nor has it been edited, But I'll go get it now and send it to you, Nils has a deep saddening personal loss so I'm not going to bother him with editing needs for a while.

Reply #22
on: Nov 20, 2016, 11:41 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
The Matador would somewhat be great! It was also used in that TV show 'Adam 12' as far as I know? I'd love to do an LAPD one with those 'tin can' lights =D

.. like this one, look at the attached picture .. it is also from Baardk's base

I once had tried to convert the Matador from a GTA source file into the HS .fce file format, but these models are very higpoly and before the VEG patch appeared I found it useless to do since more or less predictable game crashes.

Does Rena coincidentally also have a '76 Pontiac LeMans (you know the one from Smokey and the Bandit movie) since I'd love to finally put that guy (other pic) into the proper car!

... or a ***Citroen DS*** ?

^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Nils has come back, look at his previous posting ..
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2016, 11:48 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #23
on: Nov 21, 2016, 12:30 AM

As of yet I don't think RenaFox has a 1977 Pontiac Lemans up, (the car is a 1977 we need not 1976 but I suppose they have the same body just like MoPars had with only minor changes here-there).

You can view her page and sign up to follow her here.:

https://sketchfab.com/kryik1023/models?cursor=cD0yMDE2LTAyLTE2KzE1JTNBMjElM0EyNC40NzAxMTc%3D

With your skills building other cars from bases I reccomend editing this car as it has simular shape to the 1977 Pontiac Lemans.:

http://www.nfscars.com/need-for-speed-high-stakes/2/files/view/1487/

You'll need to convert it from 2 to 4 doors and do changes to the front and back but the shape is simular to the 1977 Pontiac  Lemans.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2016, 12:39 AM by Paul Spain »

Reply #24
on: Nov 21, 2016, 10:16 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
Nils has come back, look at his previous posting ..
Still very far from a full return, mind you.

Reply #25
on: Nov 21, 2016, 11:44 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
No problem .. just good to see you back again in here ..

Frank

Reply #26
on: Dec 12, 2016, 10:49 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Any significant urge to escape this nice little 'Sweet Spot' soon? hupps .. :o
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016, 10:52 AM by FranknFurter »

Support NFSAddons: