NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 8:08 AM

What track on website header?

This is a discussion for the topic What track on website header? on the board Site Suggestions/Feedback.

Author Topic: What track on website header?  (Read 15301 times)

13 Replies on What track on website header?
on: Oct 04, 2016, 9:15 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@REMKO or whoever it may concern ..
What track is shown on the website's header_bg2,3,4,5,8 and 10.jpg (.. it is the same track as I assume ..)?
Only thing I can recognize is a traffic sign 'Hatzenbach', so it must be a Nürburgring/Nordschleife GT replacement track?

Greetings and Thanks in advance
Frank

Reply #1
on: Oct 05, 2016, 1:42 AM

I don't know the website for those track....all i think i know this is an 'Private' track...i think this is Freak-DS track....
And the Porsches from Freak-DS too.

Reply #2
on: Oct 05, 2016, 2:04 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Thanks Dan and what a pity since now even very complex tracks run very well with the modern patch :(
Noone ever asked before about this 'special' track?

Same with the 'special EA edition' of Nils' P933 shown on the header_bg6.jpg ... guess it is Nils'?

Greetings
Frank

Reply #3
on: Oct 05, 2016, 4:45 AM

Same with the 'special EA edition' of Nils' P933 shown on the header_bg6.jpg ... guess it is Nils'?
[/quote]
That's correct
P993 and Cala from Nils :D

Reply #4
on: Oct 05, 2016, 8:43 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
... wonder if the guys will ever publish it ... but ok if not, everyone needs to have a secret thing ... LOL

P993 not P933, of course ...   ::)

Greetings ... to NILS  ^-^ .. remember our SSP Mustangs' work? Pheeeewww ...
Frank
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2016, 9:26 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #5
on: Oct 05, 2016, 9:58 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
I think that was way more than just a few Mustangs ^^ How are you doing? Been quite some years.

Though, on matters of that Porsche, it's this one: http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/cars/Porsche/1781/

Unless you're talking about the one in Atlantica Police markings. That's Freak-DS' (based off of mine). Hence the lacking details :P I mean, white turning signals on a supposedly US-spec Porsche? No way.

Reply #6
on: Oct 05, 2016, 5:05 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Nice... ))
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #7
on: Oct 05, 2016, 10:38 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hahaheeeh Nils!

Yep, just kidding, was quite a bit more than those Mustangs, but it was most fun creating all those different versions, I do have them still (do you, too?) and now we can even use them ingame, that's one real good news =D

Many tricks developed during that time can still be found even in your recent work, don't they?
Like the sunstripe trick ('alpha channel method' we called this, right?).. or the great ODL plate method you had worked out then as only a few to mention, I still use those on new cars, too.

.. but you didn't stand still as I noticed and you worked out some new tricks fella, eh? ;)

That's the Pursuit Porsche I also use but with some optimizations as you might assume ^-^
Of course, you always uhm.. hated my 'reducing' method with CarCad, I know, which has now become obsolete in a way :P

Remember my favourite thing was creating siren dummies ;), I have meanwhile found a way to imitate real flashers/strobes using 10er and 20er values in a certain sequence, always wondered if it looks like that too on other machines (not as old and slow as mine is), but it seems it does.
BrabusAMG from Police H.Q. to who I'm also in contact with tested it on his machine and it gave similar results.
We partly worked together for some time on e.g. his lovely 90's Chevy Cruisers. He is a real nice guy and I just wrote to him to finally test that Modern Patch, he is still trying to reduce his polycounts what can never be a mistake but now we all can rather have focus on a 'smooth' and realistic look when creating cars :-\

O/T
Well, I raised my son, went through a divorce and all that stuff and had lost interest in NFS for a long time, but since the last few years I'm into it again.
And how have you been meanwhile?
O/T off

Wasn't that always your dream (and mine, too ;)), having different police cruisers in one game? Seems this finally may also become true as I read resp. seen here (Zalcus20's SOTD 30. Sept 2016, that's the day my whole NFS World (and I guess not only mine) turned upside down somehow :o) .. let's see how this finally works out, I'm not into Hexediting, so perhaps one fine day there will be a full customizable yet easy way to play good old NFSHS ^-^

Greetings to all
Frank
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2016, 10:49 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #8
on: Oct 06, 2016, 7:24 AM

@ FranknFurter (cool name)  :)

The September 30 screenshot is by DrSpeed, not me. He is the one that discovered the .gst file trick. All credit goes to him.

"...that's the day my whole NFS World (and I guess not only mine) turned upside down somehow.."
     I agree. I felt the same exact way. I'm so glad this is possible for good old NFSHS!  =D

"...so perhaps one fine day there will be a full customizable yet easy way to play good old NFSHS."
   I really hope so, too  :) :) :)

Reply #9
on: Oct 06, 2016, 8:38 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Of course, Kudos go to Dr. Speed, too fast at typing as always :-\

Yes I wonder if the recent developments concerning customization by him and the really great Modern NFS Patch by Veg might go together ... somehow .. if the code once is de-encrypted, who knows ^-^

If Dr. Speed sent the relevant lines to Veg, maybe he could implement them in a way to write a new menu or a new undermenu in the Garage like that:
'Customize your Race(rs), Sir: Car A: XX, Car B: YY .. , .. Pursuits: P(1) + P(2) + P(3) and so on..'.  =D

Looking forward, but what NFS is now cannot be compared with what it was .. only yesterday (unbelievable) .. simply GREAT what happens here ..

Greetings
Frank

P.S.: You know Frank'n'Furter? May I ask how old you are? ''.. So come up to the lab and shiver with .. dissi .. pation ...'' >:D
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 8:56 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #10
on: Oct 06, 2016, 9:24 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
Good thing is, Dr. Speed's/Zalcus20's findings and VEG's patch do not interfere with each other as completely different files are affected. Though, in further development of the modern patch (should it actually occur), externalization of as many parameters as possible would be pretty awesome. We'll see. Still, the possibilities opened up already are overwhelming, esp. compared to what happened in the decade before ^^
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 9:53 AM by XJ220 »

Reply #11
on: Oct 18, 2016, 11:42 AM

Frank'n'Further.. that name rings a bell.. that film was a gloriously funny pile of. 
Anyways, there is no need for having secrets - Unpublished addons usually have the reason that the original authors don't feel comfortable with things. In case of the 933 Atlantica police department, what I did was just a 20 minute mashup of the Atlantica PD vehicle design and Nils's 993, which was lacking so many important details he takes focus on that he didn't want to have it published - which is absolutely okay for me because I also hardly ever allow modifications of my addons to be published.

The tracks in those banners are certainly nice, yet unfinished and i'm not the author of those either. I was in the lucky position to get beta versions for tests and some screenshots but again, it's the authors decision and in that case I also completely agree with it because I never release unfinished addons either and that's why there is never going to be a beta version of a Team RSR car.

Reply #12
on: Oct 18, 2016, 10:42 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hello Freak-DS .. what an honour!
Yes, that's what Nils already told me about the 'EA-Style' 993 .. hehe, cannot blame him since I know he's quite a bit picky with his stuff .. and with that of others, too sometimes .. ^-^

Too bad about that Nurburgring or whatever GT track shown on the headers since it always looked very interesting to me, but I can understand as well.

It is pretty much the same concerning my 'Smokey and the Bandit' game setup if you would ask, too many things not yet fully finished (just had a look at it after so many years..) as well as it not running perfectly apart from the fact that there is still lacking a proper 'Point-to-Point' track it could be played upon.
Since I'm not a track maker I could only deliver certain parts like a revised '77 Bandit's Firebird TransAm SE from Sniper, that Snowman truck I once had tinkered from Roby Design's Peterbilt 379 Ultra (well aware that the original Snowman's Semi truck is a Kenworth W900A ;)) with a somewhat matching trailor I reworked from a Baardk Semi truck base once ..

.. and some more or less matching police cars such as (also not quite correct, I know) an old Dodge Boy '83 Ford LTD with Buford T. Justice as a driver.

Also that 'special setup' only runs -more or less- properly when using some tricks on NFS like you have to assign both cars to the same class while at the same time having to deactivate all other cars in that class.

But with the great Ghost file discoveries by DrSpeed, Zalcus20 and others those problems might become solved in the near future ^-^ such as defining your excact opponent(s), placing even more and also more different police cars and so on ..
I'm not into Hexediting so I have to rely on the guys' skills - Looking forward!
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2016, 11:09 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #13
on: Oct 19, 2016, 8:06 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
Frank'n'Further.. that name rings a bell.. that film was a gloriously funny pile of. 
Anyways, there is no need for having secrets - Unpublished addons usually have the reason that the original authors don't feel comfortable with things. In case of the 933 Atlantica police department, what I did was just a 20 minute mashup of the Atlantica PD vehicle design and Nils's 993, which was lacking so many important details he takes focus on that he didn't want to have it published - which is absolutely okay for me because I also hardly ever allow modifications of my addons to be published.
While I do remember pointing out missing details, I cannot recall keeping you from releasing it. Would kinda contradict my readme 'policies' :P

Support NFSAddons: