NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 1:49 AM

Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]

This is a discussion for the topic Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4] on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]  (Read 87069 times)

Reply #120
on: Jul 06, 2017, 8:06 PM

Is anyone having trouble putting subject on new topic?

Reply #121
on: Dec 03, 2017, 11:15 AM

Hello,  :D

It's been a very long time.
I wasn't sure if I should have created a new thread since this an old subject I'm talking about.

I have just finished updating my gst editor cheat table to version 4.5. This version now includes the virtual car size data for ALL original EA cars. Thanks to Caio_96 for finding out the data for me!

Also, I have created a few customized games that are included in this download. Feel free to try them out!

Here is the Link to my Dropbox for the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv987otksoxs65j/GST%20Editor%204.5.rar?dl=0

Again if you want to use a car that gst editor doesn't have the virtual car size data for:

If you desire to see a car or cars that you like included in GST Editor's CAR NAME list

1. Start a single race with the desired car (If this is a police car, start a Hot Pursuit race).

2. After the announcer says GO! quit race to the race results screen (If you are in Hot Pursuit mode as a cop,
exit to system).

3. Save the race as a ghost. Repeat step 1-3 if you have more cars you would like to add. (If this is a Hot Pursuit ghost you will find the desired gst file in  nfs directory/SaveData/ghost.gst. Make a copy of it and rename the file to something else).

4. Exit the game and open the gst file in Ghost Editor.

5. Under the Player Car group, go to Car Name and note what is written under 'Value'. You're going to see a long line of hexadecimal values (ie. 3A 7C 5E 5B 3F 8A 69 1D 3F 0C 14 0A 40) This is the virtual size of the car.

6. Open the Value as if you were trying to change it but instead copy the highlighted text and paste it in this post here with the name of the car as it is written in-game included. Please type it in this format (no spaces between the colon):

XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX:Name of Car

the X's of course represent whatever hexadecimal value you have copied. Also the values are always 13 bytes long.

HAVE FUN
Zalcus

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2017, 11:18 AM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #122
on: Jan 04, 2018, 3:10 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Turns out you can also edit replay files (.rp4) with the GST Editor. Depicted below, a split-screen race replay turned into a single player replay by just changing "two player"  to "single player"

Reply #123
on: Jan 07, 2018, 6:37 AM

The same can be done with knockout and tournament modes, but the game resets the user data (cars and tracks you have selected to race on) when you enter the race.   :o ???
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2018, 6:39 AM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #124
on: Mar 28, 2021, 6:32 AM

• Personal Text
    Retro racer excellence
Zalcus did post a cheat engine table and how to use it (the Cheat Engine program is required). It's much easier to use that instead of a Hex editor.
http://www.nfsaddons.com/forums//index.php?topic=1831.msg33827#msg33827

If you don't know how to use either Hex editor or Cheat engine, then unfortunately I can't help you. I'm not the best when it comes to step by step guides. But there should be plenty of video tutorials on how to use both of them. So I can recommend you search for those to get the hang of it.

Edit: Original response was to kevinkcubboy, but his post is now gone.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2021, 11:31 PM by DrSpeed »

Reply #125
on: Mar 28, 2021, 3:36 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.

where can I find cheat engine 6.6 or do I download the newer version.

You can get it here:
https://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

I mean come on where is the ghost file located at
ghost files (.gst) are located in the SaveData folder of NFSHS, these are generated everytime you exit or finish a race

To use the GST Editor, install Cheat Engine, then simply open the GSTEditor.ct file; in CE go to File > Open File and open the .gst file in your savedata folder; then change all the parameters you'd like (remember to check all the checkboxes you're changing) then exit when you're done (changes are saved automatically). To use your modded ghost file, just load a ghost in the game.

Reply #126
on: Jun 15, 2021, 9:51 AM

The GST Editor Cheat table has been updated to version 5! Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8ujazvpo637bs6/GST%20Editor%205.zip?dl=0

Updates have been made. More virtual car sizes (car names) have been added and have the author's name attached with it.  This makes it easier to identify which model specifically it is for as there can be different authors that make the same car (a virtual car size for one car may not work for another car although it may be the same model).

Please note that the current version of Cheat Engine at the time of this writing is 7.2.  With this version, you now have to manually save your edited file. Cheat Engine 7.2 will no longer save the file automatically for you.

The readme file has been updated and changed to "User Manual 5" and provides the links to where you can get the needed programs.  Please take a look at it.

I reorganized the GST Editor so that it is easier to follow and you will notice 1 or 2 new features (discussed in User Manual 5).

Enjoy!  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2021, 9:59 AM by Zalcus »

Reply #127
on: Jun 21, 2021, 11:30 AM

• Personal Text
    CARP.TXT maker
Thanks to still givin some love to HS!
Always looking for NFSIISE source code

Reply #128
on: Oct 17, 2021, 3:24 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Just a little something, an Excel spreadsheet containing the car colors present in the GST Editor table, with samples.

Reply #129
on: Oct 18, 2021, 10:14 AM

This very helpful.  Thanks, AJ_Lethal!

I will include this spreadsheet in any future updates made for the GST Editor (crediting you, of course).

BTW. If you have any colors you would like to add to the list, let me know and I will be more than happy to implement them with the cheat table.

Reply #130
on: Nov 13, 2021, 12:43 PM
Rookie Member

Reply #131
on: Nov 13, 2021, 12:50 PM

NFS3 ghost file format is different from NFS4, so it will not work.  :(   

To get this to work for NFS3 you first have to figure out the location of all the addresses in the NFS3 ghost file (using hex editor or cheat engine).

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2021, 12:56 PM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #132
on: Dec 03, 2021, 12:21 AM

Does somebody know why my ghost file is corrupt or "there is missing data" and why the game crashes when i want to create a Hot Pursuit ghost file? Also for what do i need the virtual car sizes? Does the game crash when the virtual car size is not the right one?

Reply #133
on: Dec 03, 2021, 4:41 PM

"Virtual car size" is the car's collision or hitbox. It also affects handling. Setting it wrong shouldn't lead to a corrupt ghost file, though.  Corruption can be caused for many reasons.  Would it be possible to attach your ghost file that you are trying to edit? I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint the problem.

Reply #134
on: Dec 04, 2021, 9:28 AM

"Virtual car size" is the car's collision or hitbox. It also affects handling. Setting it wrong shouldn't lead to a corrupt ghost file, though.  Corruption can be caused for many reasons.  Would it be possible to attach your ghost file that you are trying to edit? I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint the problem.
Unfortunately that's not possible, because my whole car setup is modded. But as soon as i set the game mode to Hot Pursuit, Classic, for some reason it loads until the track loading screen and when it's about to render the game suddenly crashes. Not happening if i make a usual Hot Pursuit race.
But maybe you can still find out something from my ghost file, so i'll attach it

Support NFSAddons: