NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 12:15 PM

Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?

This is a discussion for the topic Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ? on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?  (Read 41959 times)

Reply #60
on: Jul 11, 2016, 11:46 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
Hahaha you're welcome! I pushed it further with even higher polygons, there's a Countach made by endo at NFSCars exceeding 14k polies, the game doesn't crash! Absolutely fantastic. :D FBF's SLP Firehawk is over 13k, will work like a charm as well. :)

Reply #61
on: Jul 12, 2016, 9:37 AM

Hahaha you're welcome! I pushed it further with even higher polygons, there's a Countach made by endo at NFSCars exceeding 14k polies, the game doesn't crash! Absolutely fantastic. :D FBF's SLP Firehawk is over 13k, will work like a charm as well. :)

I started to replace all the cars with as many high poly versions I could find but then ran into the serial number issue which I totally forgot about.  Thing is the SNE wouldn't open for some reason I tried a ton of other programs but they were all just conflict detectors and couldn't change the number.  Then I found out one of the cars was causing it, a Ferrari 550 Maranello I guess it had a SN of 0 which was causing SNE to freak out and not open as soon as I deleted it then it started to work fine.  Did quite a few hot pursuits and no crashes or anything.  The only issues I saw were the loading screens were all black which I am not sure if that was DGVoodoo or the patch and then after when I would exit the game it wouldn't actually close I would have to force close it with Task Manager.

Reply #62
on: Jul 12, 2016, 3:58 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
SNE requires Windows registry entries. A portable install has none.

Reply #63
on: Jul 12, 2016, 5:52 PM

SNE requires Windows registry entries. A portable install has none.

yea to get around that I just copy and pasted from the actual install

Reply #64
on: Sep 29, 2016, 5:59 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
Hi.

I'm here just to say that I'm crying of happiness.

They are giving NFS HS more years of life and probably stronger than never.
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

High Stakes Modding & Gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6iLQXpAJxknqaziZss5uw

Reply #65
on: Sep 30, 2016, 4:17 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
I've testing the modern patch and works like a charm, but my game crashed in two points, so I'm posting them to make sure I havent forgotten anything

1 - Are we still capped in n Hot Pursuit mode? I've replaced in EAs Pursuit M5 with a ported NFSHP2 version (About 7000 polies). Game crashed since the beginning of the loading screen. This is very important for me because I play classic HP in 80% of the cases
2 - A minor issue: Using nGlide I can race in HD Landstrasse made by MADMAN with a full grid of Martin Leps' Ferrari F50 (Over 9000 polies), BUT if I switch from nGlide to dgvoodoo, the same race makes the game return to main menu 

Sorry if this was already asked before. Just to prove that I've readen the full thread: I wouldnt mind donating money to Veg for his awesome job :D
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016, 4:19 AM by Gustingorriz »
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

High Stakes Modding & Gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6iLQXpAJxknqaziZss5uw

Reply #66
on: Oct 06, 2016, 5:31 AM

Hm... that is not supposed to happen with Vegs patch installed. What you describe sounds like you are running the "unpatched" expansion/stock pack version. Only limitation with the Modern Patch now is the frame rate.

Maybe check your shortcuts ... do they point to the rigth folder? Download Modern patch and replace all files again or start over by copying data and savedata folder from the cd/image.
Try to change the renderer. Test Vegs new NFS4 beta release.
If the problem persists you should comment on Veg's site, since it will be the fastest way to get in touch with him.

Greetings

Reply #67
on: Oct 06, 2016, 7:19 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
Totally solved. Thanks for answering MADMAN  ^-^

With nGlide my game doesnt crashes even with 7000 polies' Pursuit M5. Those crashes came using dgvoodoo. I dont know whats wrong with it; it feels more unstable loading cars although it provides a higher framerate
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 7:21 PM by Gustingorriz »
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

Reply #68
on: Oct 07, 2016, 2:21 AM
View Profile

VEG

With nGlide my game doesnt crashes even with 7000 polies' Pursuit M5. Those crashes came using dgvoodoo. I dont know whats wrong with it; it feels more unstable loading cars although it provides a higher framerate
Don't forget to use dgvoodooconf.exe to increase video memory limit when you're using many high poly cars with dgVoodoo.

Reply #69
on: Dec 27, 2016, 6:35 PM

I just came here (was searching for some other tracks and it lead to this) I was wondering though after reading NJ's comment, Is bigger TGAs finally possible with this patch? Like for example police cars using 512X512 and all looking good? Currently we're limited to 256X256 far as I know but maybe your patch changed that?
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #70
on: Jun 20, 2018, 4:03 PM

i think VEG made something like a high definition support for textures
hey i've got a question to ask here though: doesn't anybody feel the delay when using nglide or voodoo? i always wanted to use them because they look better, but no matter if modern patch or expansion pack, they always have this small delay in mouse and keyboard making it horrible to drive. don't you guys have this problem?

Reply #71
on: Jun 21, 2018, 6:44 AM

• Personal Text
    CARP.TXT maker
Hi, seems you're new. Then don't use glide as renderer, use dx7/dx9.
PS: You have 4 posts, and 2 old threads revived. Try to avoid that.
Always looking for NFSIISE source code

Reply #72
on: Jun 24, 2018, 10:41 AM

Guys with my testing I have found there may actually be a poly limit after all, The highest I got to work (this was both with player and as traffic pursuit units) was the South Korean Police Daewoo Lanos

(13064 polys BTW) I have tried to use cars that are 15000-25000 but even though they work in game they have issues, Couldn't get parts properly centered in FCE Center and since they refused to show up in FCE Finish 2 they couldn't be textured either, I also had issues with ZModeler fusing on parts to vehicles this high of poly count, So I'd guess 13064 is the limit I can hit or maybe 14000. Either way that is still good and opens up possibilities to alot of vehicles from 3D Model sites and GTA Sanandreas and Vice City mods and also allows for more detailed lights and lightbars on police vehicles.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018, 10:45 AM by Paul Spain »
NFS HighStakes is the best

Support NFSAddons: