NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 9:23 AM

Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?

This is a discussion for the topic Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ? on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?  (Read 41950 times)

72 Replies on Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?
on: Mar 21, 2016, 12:08 AM

I need some high poly NFS4 cars for testing purposes. In most descriptions there is no poly count. I found some with over 8000 polys. Is that the biggest value used for nfs4 ?
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #1
on: Mar 21, 2016, 1:33 AM

Many cars have more than 10000 polies.What about Baardk stuff, he has trucks with a car on the trailer.Mercedes G500 by Stevel cardesign is also very high poly.

In carmanager I can filter on polycount, because in the comments I put the polycount.

May I ask what you are testing?
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2016, 12:34 AM by noise »

Reply #2
on: Mar 21, 2016, 9:55 AM

May I ask what you are testing?

I needed a high poly car to test a race with a full grid. I took the Mercedes G500 now, worked nice like the others thanks !
I'm testing a NFS4 alpha version by Evgeny, the creator of the NFS3 modern patch. http://veg.by/en/ I asked him if he could make a patch for NFS4, since both games share a lot of code.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2016, 9:57 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #3
on: Mar 21, 2016, 3:32 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Now there's a request you don't see often. ;)

Do you need as high-poly as possible, as a kind of stress test? I think the absolute record holder for NFS:HS is PRO's 1932 Ford Hot rod that contains 19.500 polys, and needs a special menu setup to keep the game from crashing in the car choice menu: http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/cars/Ford/37/

That is really an exception though, aside from that, NFS4 cars have rarely gone over the 13k limit, such as the Mercedes G Cabrio or TMM's Monaro Series III, which I could not run against more than 3 opponents without the game crashing: http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/cars/Holden/832/

And the news that the creator behind the very impressive NFS3 modern patch (and I noticed he just released an update for that yesterday: http://veg.by/en/blog/2016/03/20/need-for-speed-3-modern-patch-v140-and-v150/) is now working on High Stakes and the possibility that the poly limit may finally be lifted after all these years is quite exciting indeed.  :D

Reply #4
on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:35 AM

Wow, didn't know this was going on, very good news.Just checked Evgeny's Blog, he improved nfs3 a lot.I wonder if he can fix more issues in nfs4 besides polylimit.

@JimDiabolo: Good to see you are involved,keep us informed.

Reply #5
on: Mar 22, 2016, 7:16 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hi there JimD it's nice seeing you come Back, around again here yup.
An hope It all works out, to what Remko said to...thanks.
Yeah, that be Great they break that Poly Limiter thing! 😎
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #6
on: Mar 22, 2016, 10:18 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
Oh... my... God. I must be dreaming. At least this *sounds* too good. Wondering (greedily) whether bigger textures might be supported as well?

By the way, there was a... Renault Dauphin, I think, which had like 30k. Don't know whether it was available outside of Tippi's NFS Corner (which has been offline for years now).

Reply #7
on: Mar 22, 2016, 11:32 AM

Racing with a full grid of Holden Monaro Series III is working :) It's so great to see Evgeny is making progress.

Reply #8
on: Mar 22, 2016, 1:47 PM

Wow, that is great !   :)
Fully agree with everyone here.
His improvements with the Modern NFS3 Patch are indeed amazing and go pretty deep. So i'm confident he can make this happen.
The car in that screenshot has over 13 k polies. Full grid means the game has to render over 100 k there. So, this is f**king impressive.
Lifting the poly limit really seems too good to be true. This would be an incredible revelation after all these years.

Jim, do you know if this is some sort of hook for the Engine's memory stream?
Would it be possible to increase the overall amount of cars on a track (i.e. spawn more traffic in singleplayer) ?

Reply #9
on: Mar 22, 2016, 5:35 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Oh wow, I never thought I'd see the day...  :o

You should also try it with traffic or better, a hi-poly traffic mod, or try a pursuit race with higher poly cop replacements - altough I expect those should give no problem either, if this works.

Jim, do you know if this is some sort of hook for the Engine's memory stream?
Would it be possible to increase the overall amount of cars on a track (i.e. spawn more traffic in singleplayer) ?
That's what I immediately thought of too, imagine lots of traffic, like the 'rushhour' cheat in NFS3:HP. :D

By the way, there was a... Renault Dauphin, I think, which had like 30k. Don't know whether it was available outside of Tippi's NFS Corner (which has been offline for years now).
Yeah, Grégory Blech made that one, it was here for a short while, and probably NfsCars too, but later that year he asked for sites to remove all his NFS mods, so it was only available for a short while...

Reply #10
on: Mar 23, 2016, 12:22 AM

You may leave a reply in his blog for that. I started posting my question for a HS patch there. I think if you ask nicely you'll get a answer. ;)
http://veg.by/en/projects/nfs3/

Reply #11
on: Mar 23, 2016, 2:35 AM

Look at the keyfeatures Evgeny showed for nfs3, that would be great for nfs4 too:

-Improved graphics. No more cars with non-rotating wheels, better textures and models for other’s cars, greater view distance in the rear view, etc.
-Portability. All system settings are loaded from the ini file. No more registry!

I wonder if the polylimit in the menu's is also increased.I would like to see 2 cars showing up in the showroom, so you can compare them.

Or what about the careerplay (who still plays that?).I always enjoyed the moment the visible damage gets repaired.With a higher polylimit the careerplay is more stable maybe.

I really hope some of these things gets done.Evgeny seems very ambitious,he said:

''I'm a 27 year old programmer, and I'd like to change the world :)''

Reply #12
on: Mar 23, 2016, 8:39 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
It'd also be great if other "hard-coded" settings could be externalized to INI files, like which traffic and police cars are used per track.

Also... more serial numbers? Loading all tracks from the "tracks" folder... etc.

The increased poly-limit is already a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

EDIT:

You could also drive the total polycount a bit further playing classic Pursuit mode as the cop. Your own cruiser, two speeders, five AI officers and three traffic cars. Eleven cars in total.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2016, 10:23 AM by XJ220 »

Reply #13
on: Mar 28, 2016, 1:45 PM

I almost chocked on my chips when I found this thread. Hopefully, this will be released!

Reply #14
on: Mar 29, 2016, 9:22 AM

No way... this can´t be true... o.O
A modern patch for NFS4 with highres widescreen option and no polylimit?!? This sounds too good to be true...

Support NFSAddons: