NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:08 PM

The "Monolithic Studios" / "Hollywood" movie thread

This is a discussion for the topic The "Monolithic Studios" / "Hollywood" movie thread on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: The "Monolithic Studios" / "Hollywood" movie thread  (Read 6231 times)

6 Replies on The "Monolithic Studios" / "Hollywood" movie thread
on: Oct 27, 2015, 5:24 AM

Hello!
I think all of you know the track Monolithic Studios from NFS2 (which has been converted for High Stakes too)
Ever wondered which movie references the creators had in mind?
The track is divided into "stages" marked by a blue sign with a number...

Here you have my assumptions for each of these stages.    ^-^

Track sectionGame picFilm picTitleInfo
Stage #01UnknownA dusty western town. Maybe a general homage to western movies?
Stage #02Star WarsThis stage looks like the "trench" of the death star from Episode IV. Might be a Homage to the original trilogy (Episodes IV - VI)
Stage #03UnknownSci-Fi, A Holographic map of some sort... who knows?
Stage #04Star TrekDefinitly Sci-Fi, maybe a reference to Star Trek (looking like a "warp core"...)?
Stage #05UnknownSci-Fi, those towers are pretty distinctive... but i have no idea
Stage #06The Fith ElementA huge futuristic city, flying cars... The Fifth Element. Game and movie were released in the same year.
Stage #07UnknownAn oil rig with sea mines around it? Dunno this flick.
Stage #08aJurassic ParkThe trade mark of this film is blocking your way, the T-Rex. Must be Jurassic Park. Based on the 1990 novel of the same name, filming took place in California and Hawaii between August and November 1992, post-production rolled until May 1993
Stage #08bJawsThe famous scene from Jaws 1. The shark wolfing down the boat ^^
Stage #09The X-Files: Fight the FutureWell, if i think of UFO's i think of Roswell and the X-Files. Script was written at the end of 1996, filming began in 1997 following the end of the show's fourth season.
Stage #10UnknownNot sure on this one. Maybe the final scene of Terminator 2 (1991) when they hide in the steel mill?

Now your turn... what ya thinking?          =D  =D  =D

Reply #1
on: Oct 27, 2015, 2:03 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hi, what i think.?? What does,your Dr. Think,about your Condition now? Hehaaa,ok just was having fun! Madman,i Really liked that Waay out track was made,but it's sooo Hard to Edit,cause track View is all white in there :/
I can really,Relate to your Stages: in there that's the way i would guess them too. Cool job on that. I had a busy day out my Apt. Today
It was a Neat Observeration,this..hmm wth? Fun i ment.
:D now i copy n,paste my note here,on the Forum,before i my pos' Crashs browser,on me. An then i have Start all over. *Phew* its an older phone. I'm trying save $$ for some wheels is Y. Ttul
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2015, 5:01 AM by _WiLL_ »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #2
on: Oct 29, 2015, 5:52 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Nice work on those comparisions... I always thought the 'futuristic city' part of the track was inspired by Neo-Tokyo from Akira, or the city from the movie Blade Runner, with its flying cars and mega-size videoscreens on buildings... could be a mix of all of them combined.
Track designers certainly had fun with this track, putting in all those homages. ;)

Reply #3
on: Nov 01, 2015, 5:00 AM

Yes you're right,  the designers had fun with this track for sure  :D

Also, I agree that Blade Runner (1982) is actually a better match for stage #6
This large animated advertising above the track, for example, definitely looks like the "blimp" from the movie

Overall the darkness of the city and the chinese influences look more like Blade Runner... so thanks for naming this movie.

Didnt know it was made by Ridley Scott. I enjoyed the Alien movies (the first 2 mostly) and im definitely going to watch this one  :)

Reply #4
on: Nov 01, 2015, 6:08 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Testing something , nice reply at Madman Neat pics too :)
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #5
on: Nov 29, 2015, 9:10 AM

• Personal Text
    Nfsfan83
Don't forget my version with Blade Runner elements :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duugaqwA9HU

0:53 min OFF WORLD  8)
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2015, 9:12 AM by nfsfan83 »

Reply #6
on: Jul 24, 2018, 11:34 AM

Bumping this since I was talking about it in the discord.  So glad someone went through this.

Just want to add the 2 ships in "Star Wars" stage look like Luke Skywalker's T16 Skyhopper and Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow:

Since The Moldy Crow was featured in Dark Forces 1995 and Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 1997 I wouldn't be surprised if the developers put it in there as a nod to that series.

Support NFSAddons: