NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 2:17 AM

Online-Resources of classic NFS titles

This is a discussion for the topic Online-Resources of classic NFS titles on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Online-Resources of classic NFS titles  (Read 173856 times)

Reply #165
on: Mar 04, 2017, 1:26 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
If anyone is interested, I was able to find C-959's first versions of the Porsche 959 and Jaguar XJ220 on Gamefront. He eventually rebuilt them from scratch with photorealistic textures at a reasonable polycount but, if you'd like an even lower poly version, there's his early models.

The Jag in particular comes with a very cool upgrade that turns it into the XJ220C, which achieved a class win at Le Mans before being unfairly disqualified by the ACO officials.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2017, 1:57 PM by Zpectre »

Reply #166
on: Mar 18, 2017, 7:04 AM

List updated.

- www.nfshome.com stopped hosting files.
- needforspeed3.racing added at Online Racing section.

edit: checked the affiliates site at nfshome again
- added www.needforspeed.sk with Hot Pursuit 2 content.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2017, 7:49 AM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #167
on: Mar 18, 2017, 8:20 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    ClassicNFS Discord https://discord.gg/CX9cgSB
Thanks for adding our nfs 3 website. :)

Reply #168
on: Mar 18, 2017, 1:20 PM

Yes sure, with prior knowledge of the site it would have been part of the list already :)

If you know any site that might fit this topic, you can always suggest it here. The more people contribute the more complete the list that is given...

Reply #169
on: Mar 18, 2017, 1:26 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #170
on: Mar 18, 2017, 5:44 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
Thanks MADMAN, this is actually a great project. I knew NFSHome stopped hosting files, but I was under the impression it was just a temporary issue.

Unfortunately, most of the new websites that appear at this point just mirror stuff that we have already, though it's worth adding more of them for the odd file.

Reply #171
on: Mar 19, 2017, 2:47 AM

WTF is up with NFS Home? Seems alot of these sites close cause people get bored with it and stop having them open, Like was the case with old ND4SPDWORLD I once spoke to Texnolith (I think that's how you spell it) to see if he'd release any of his cop vehicle or other files, Says he got bored and gave it up so he could go into what people call "ricering" cars and I have saw pics of them before. Still though even if it was never updated could have atleast kept the links working I think.

I think I have the perfect solution to keep from loosing these treasures, We ALL band together and form a unique NFs modder's club, See HotMail lets everyone share files and it's FREE no website costs, Only have to worry about paying your ISP's bill to keep your net. We'd have our own secret thing going, We could mention our selves and what not and if people wanna join up with it they have to pass a short exam to make sure they're trust worthy, Then they can join in too. Easy huh :).
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2017, 2:56 AM by Paul Spain »
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #172
on: Mar 19, 2017, 3:35 AM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
Well, that guy who popped up here claiming to have tried to purchase Markus Dippold's NFS3 DVD has never returned my message asking for help in the restoration of the RK cars... Some people don't seem to like teamwork.

Reply #173
on: Mar 19, 2017, 6:06 AM

• Personal Text
I'm hearing you,  buds an Being Trust worthy,is hard to find? :)
Yeah,.I think others don't want Team, work for all the Responsibility, involved an,
Stress pressure, ? I'm trying to have a better, day an Learn my nicer two programs I got
  Good post there PaulSpain.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 1:28 PM by WiLL »

Reply #174
on: Mar 20, 2017, 1:13 PM

WTF is up with NFS Home? Seems alot of these sites close cause people get bored with it and stop having them open, Like was the case with old ND4SPDWORLD I once spoke to Texnolith (I think that's how you spell it) to see if he'd release any of his cop vehicle or other files, Says he got bored and gave it up so he could go into what people call "ricering" cars and I have saw pics of them before. Still though even if it was never updated could have atleast kept the links working I think.

I think I have the perfect solution to keep from loosing these treasures, We ALL band together and form a unique NFs modder's club, See HotMail lets everyone share files and it's FREE no website costs, Only have to worry about paying your ISP's bill to keep your net. We'd have our own secret thing going, We could mention our selves and what not and if people wanna join up with it they have to pass a short exam to make sure they're trust worthy, Then they can join in too. Easy huh :).

Agreed. Moreover, when it comes to some community-based projects, it's time to think about some subversion systems. Bitbucket, probably, or similar source. Won't be too hard to proceed with any updates for any project that way. As for the things that's going offline - the question is more about copyright issues with original authors.

Reply #175
on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:04 AM

Agreed. Moreover, when it comes to some community-based projects, it's time to think about some subversion systems. Bitbucket, probably, or similar source. Won't be too hard to proceed with any updates for any project that way. As for the things that's going offline - the question is more about copyright issues with original authors.

Well if speaking of vehicle models to use, Unless they are 100% fantasy made like some of Chris Xavier's or like Rockstar does in GTA games then ultimatly the vehicle manufacturers hold all copyright on that, Tracks is diffrent, I think these could truely be entirely claimed by the maker as I don't think countries or cities are CopyRighted, Might be wrong there though. I myself don't believe in CopyRight though as I find it often times to be too restrictive, I prefer Creative Commons and wish that's what all fell under, That is a thing where as long as you accknowledge you didn't create something and are only using it and as long as you are not trying to profit off it's use you can use it. Creative Commons is the way to go in my opinion as it's less restrictive and is a principal of share and share alike while still forcing the sharer to give credit where due upon.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #176
on: Mar 22, 2017, 9:06 AM

• Personal Text
-_-
I hear an Agree to what you said,PaulSpain,an Rider66 but I'm doing better on my last Final project whenever i get Finished on her. I'm able to make,edit,my own Textures. I'm taking out NfsMW,an UG'2 more now,.so I'm glad a friend car maker,told helped, me learn these two programs, now. Its because I haven't had them, yrs ago.. An I'm glad I've Finally mastered, Some, of, this Ability  8) but I still like to use others Texs, but I can color them, sharpen, a not just" so called take others Textures... its fun fixing Fsh tool errors, ::) good day guys.
Yes I like that Shared Commons, idea more.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2017, 7:16 PM by WiLL »

Reply #177
on: Mar 23, 2017, 4:53 PM
Administrator Hero Member

I noticed something funny about www.nfshome.com.... while the website has indeed changed so that the files aren't accessible anymore, it seems the files (or most of them) are still on the server. Check http://www.nfshome.com/downloads/ to see what I mean, you can still access the files for each game by browsing the folders.

Could be that the site wasn't actively shut down, but merely that the database somehow got corrupted.

Guess we got a second chance to browse the collection for anything we want to save, in case the site actually does close down in the future. ;)

Reply #178
on: Mar 24, 2017, 8:56 AM

Oh great, i did not notice that. Yeah i assume the page did not receive much maintainance in the past years. Last file update was in March 2009.
Someone knows staff of that site who could fix the database? Or who could clarify if the site is about to shut down or not?

List updated.

Reply #179
on: Mar 24, 2017, 5:10 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Yeah, I found out by accident, when I was viewing the site in the Internet Wayback Machine. To my surprise, many image and download links still worked. Probably still an easier way to actually browse the collection.  ;)

I believe the webmaster to be Dutch (Martin Kollaard), but I'm not familiar with him (can't find a Staff or Contact page on the website either)

Support NFSAddons: