NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 9:57 AM

Online-Resources of classic NFS titles

This is a discussion for the topic Online-Resources of classic NFS titles on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Online-Resources of classic NFS titles  (Read 173904 times)

Reply #135
on: Oct 25, 2016, 3:23 AM

I've found a website with some NFSHS tracks. Check this out:
http://www.geocities.ws/nfstracks/
Keep in mind that only Stonetown, Daytona, Atlantica 2, Durham City, and Firetown are downloadable. The rest are dead ND4SPDWorld links.

And a bit off-topic:
The management of NFSCars is getting worse. The files with names containing the character é, á, and ó are still not downloadable. There are many stealers who upload other people files (and claim those files as their works) and the admins don't even remove those stolen files from the site. Yuck! >:(
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2016, 2:17 AM by Stifen_DY »

Reply #136
on: Oct 28, 2016, 12:57 AM

Interesting find. Thanks for sharing Stifen_DY

- www.geocities.ws added.

Well, atm nfscars is basically unattended i guess (no moderator names at newly approved files, last official news post from April 28th, 2016). I wonder what happens if there is some hacking attempt or other technical difficulties... 

Reply #137
on: Oct 28, 2016, 3:06 AM

You're welcome, MADMAN_nfs. ^-^

Some new findings:
OXI DESIGNS -> Small site with 4 unique NFSHS cars
Leflic 3D Cars -> Small site with some unique NFS3 cars

You are right about the current state of NFSCars. Sad but true. :'(
I hope NFSCars gets better soon. That's all I can say about it.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2016, 3:11 AM by Stifen_DY »

Reply #138
on: Oct 28, 2016, 2:03 PM

Very nice. Good job Stifen_DY
2nd update for today - keep it up :)

- Oxi Designs added.
- www.leflic.net added.

Greetings

Reply #139
on: Nov 21, 2016, 2:53 AM

NFSCars has been relaunched in new layout! Check this out: http://www.nfscars.com/
And here's the screenshot of the new layout: https://postimg.org/image/amty2d9bv/
It's still slightly buggy, though. Many files (like the files with names containing the character é, á, and ó, among others) have their download link deleted (maybe until Mike343 transfers those from the old site to the new site). Still, It's better than nothing. :D
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2016, 7:16 PM by Stifen_DY »

Reply #140
on: Nov 22, 2016, 5:07 AM

I like the new design of nfscars, looks more like the one that they had before the white redesign. Also the sort functions seem to work properly now and the "more by this author" option is back.
As for the lost files im less optimistic. My guess is they have to be reuploaded, otherwise they vanish from the site forever.

Reply #141
on: Nov 22, 2016, 5:59 AM

As for the lost files, most of them are from 'Tools" section, though it'll be a huge loss if Mike343 can't recover them from the old NFSCars. :-\
At least the site doesn't end up like the relaunched ND4SPDWORLD, which has almost none of the files from the old ND4SPDWORLD. Not to mention that ND4SPDWORLD hasn't been updated since 2013, so ND4SPDWORLD's relaunch is quite pointless IMO. :(
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2016, 6:06 AM by Stifen_DY »

Reply #142
on: Nov 28, 2016, 7:17 AM

Hey guys, I've been just checking out some of my external-HDD archives with all kind of stuff and recently found some really interesting models for High Stakes. Like '69 Riviera in civilian and police variants, '38 Corsair and '69 Daytona from Ground Shaker; '63 Avanti from Wingnut and '62 Bel Air from BigBlock. Looks like complete zips fortunately.
But it appears that now I can't find them anywhere online. Is anybody aware that there are still some running resources where I can find other cars from these authors, if there were some?

Reply #143
on: Nov 28, 2016, 12:34 PM

Hey guys, I've been just checking out some of my external-HDD archives with all kind of stuff and recently found some really interesting models for High Stakes. Like '69 Riviera in civilian and police variants, '38 Corsair and '69 Daytona from Ground Shaker; '63 Avanti from Wingnut and '62 Bel Air from BigBlock. Looks like complete zips fortunately.
But it appears that now I can't find them anywhere online. Is anybody aware that there are still some running resources where I can find other cars from these authors, if there were some?

Can you put those up for download? I love 1960's-1970's police cars.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #144
on: Nov 28, 2016, 3:24 PM

Can you put those up for download? I love 1960's-1970's police cars.

Paul, I just sent a link to Google Drive, contains all 6 cars.

Reply #145
on: Nov 28, 2016, 3:55 PM

Hey and welcome to the forums Rider66.
The cars you listed were downloadable at jpracing.net but went down with the site. I doubt you can get them for download now anywhere. Very quality cars, a shame they are not available anymore.
Maybe we can reupload them here at nfsaddons?

Reply #146
on: Nov 28, 2016, 5:56 PM

Good idea, I think. If it's not against the rules. Studebaker looks fine in terms of reuploading without archive changes, aswell as others too. Only prohibitions I see is to either convert or change archive contents.
Probably I also got some more - missing Bel Air 2-door '57 from Shaundaddy, '55 Thunderbird from Marcel Hennersdorf, '67 Cadillac by Buck Murdock and probably some others too - but need to double-check on what I have.
Sent messages to emails included in readmes just to double-check. Ground Shaker doesn't seem to be responding - it appears email included is quite old, and not working anymore. Thunderbird was exclusive for nfs-zone.de, and there are no contact info in Bel Air '57 and Cadillac.

Reply #147
on: Nov 29, 2016, 5:04 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Hi, Welcome Rider66, and thanks for wanting to contribute to the collection. I appreciate that you're trying to do the right thing by getting the original author's OK. But yeah, most of the time such email accounts aren't valid anymore, and the 'exclusive to a site' factor alo doesn't really hold anymore I think, if that particular site stopped existing long ago.
If you've got the original ZIP archives, readme's and all, then I'm not stopping you from uploading them here. (If only because I'm a fan of vintage American cars myself ;)) If you're unsure if a zip is original, then I can look in my own archives and see what I can find.

The 55 T-bird by MH  is already here, though: http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/cars/Ford/211/

Only ones I'm not sure of is GroundShaker/JokinenDesign's stuff, because he DID have his stuff hosted here in the past, but then after a few years he asked me to remove it all. So I did, although he never gave me a reason why.
I admit I'm not too sure what the 'right' thing to do is in this case...

Reply #148
on: Nov 30, 2016, 3:23 PM

Hi, Welcome Rider66, and thanks for wanting to contribute to the collection. I appreciate that you're trying to do the right thing by getting the original author's OK. But yeah, most of the time such email accounts aren't valid anymore, and the 'exclusive to a site' factor alo doesn't really hold anymore I think, if that particular site stopped existing long ago.
If you've got the original ZIP archives, readme's and all, then I'm not stopping you from uploading them here. (If only because I'm a fan of vintage American cars myself ;)) If you're unsure if a zip is original, then I can look in my own archives and see what I can find.

The 55 T-bird by MH  is already here, though: http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/cars/Ford/211/

Only ones I'm not sure of is GroundShaker/JokinenDesign's stuff, because he DID have his stuff hosted here in the past, but then after a few years he asked me to remove it all. So I did, although he never gave me a reason why.
I admit I'm not too sure what the 'right' thing to do is in this case...
Thanks, well, I'll start to upload them one-by-one. As for GroundShaker's files, yes, I remember that I saw him here some time ago. Can't say for sure how to handle such situation. Anyway, I guess either we can keep officially for preservation purpose, or just keep them somewhere in attachments/outside, being available only by request.

Reply #149
on: Dec 02, 2016, 8:39 PM

I don't know if it's been covered or not but I found STD Design's site out of Russia ,Lots of old cars and tracks there.

I can add it once I get home from work.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Support NFSAddons: