NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 10:37 AM

Old user account deleted?

This is a discussion for the topic Old user account deleted? on the board NFSAddons Errors & Bugs.

Author Topic: Old user account deleted?  (Read 5238 times)

5 Replies on Old user account deleted?
on: Apr 25, 2010, 4:55 PM

PCG-UB

Hi,

Just curious.

My old account here (unBtable) was deleted a while ago.
Was there any reason why? I don't remember doing anything that might have warranted this... but who knows. Sometimes I have a bad memory. ;)
I see from the threads that there were a lot of spammers recently... was my account deleted with them by mistake? lol ;)

I'm not looking to have it restored - I'm just curious as to where it went.

Thanks,

UB

Reply #1
on: Apr 25, 2010, 5:54 PM

hmmm, i wondered where you went to....guess now we know.

Reply #2
on: Apr 26, 2010, 6:51 AM

• Personal Text
    Most Wanted V.I.P.
Also I found something strange.

Go here:-
http://www.nfsaddons.com/forums/userlist.php?username=&show_group=-1&sort_by=num_posts&sort_dir=DESC&search=Submit

It arranges members by no. of posts in descending order.

See some names like EdPhDe, FreeXXXYou, GoodOnPharmik, xxxusagirlsexxxtt, CigTobacco, PolikMoro,etc. Even though we havent seen them, their post count is very high. If you click on their name & see all posts by them, it shows no posts. Whats more, most of them joined in 2010.

Reply #3
on: Apr 26, 2010, 8:32 AM
Administrator Hero Member

I see from the threads that there were a lot of spammers recently... was my account deleted with them by mistake? lol ;)
That's the only explanation I can think of, because there was no real reason to end your account, obviously.
I'm afraid it must have been an unfortunate accident; unfortunate because that means your posts are also gone, which were always quite helpful and informative. :(

I apologize for this, even though I have no idea how this could happen. :(

@Roadstar: Yeah, those are all obvious spam accounts from the great Spam Flood of early 2010. :squint: Apparently they know a way to give themselves a bogus postcount in an attempt to look more credible. Yeah right. :rolleyes: I'm glad that is over, at least.

Reply #4
on: Apr 26, 2010, 12:59 PM

Woohoo! I'm 21st! :D

Sorry ;) . Oh I had a cool idea for the Search function, check my new thread :rolleyes:

Reply #5
on: Apr 30, 2010, 12:27 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Quote from: PCG-UB
Hi,

Just curious.

My old account here (unBtable) was deleted a while ago.
Was there any reason why? I don't remember doing anything that might have warranted this... but who knows. Sometimes I have a bad memory. ;)

I'm not looking to have it restored - I'm just curious as to where it went.

Thanks,

UB
Unforutnatley, it likely was part of the purge. I had a script that checked all the user accounts and applied some criteria to them to see if they were spam, and it worked pretty well, but unfortunately yours must have gotten flagged and I didn't catch it :(

I can restore your old username if you like.

Support NFSAddons: