NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 9:36 AM

NFSAddons Updates

This is a discussion for the topic NFSAddons Updates on the board Site Suggestions/Feedback.

Author Topic: NFSAddons Updates  (Read 63976 times)

52 Replies on NFSAddons Updates
on: Apr 09, 2020, 3:03 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Hey everyone! Hope you are all staying safe, and indoors. Hopefully playing more NFS!

Just wanted to advertise some new features with the site. Hopefully everything will be working smoothly, but if not, feel free to comment here and I'll do my best to fix any bugs as soon as possible

Updated Addon pages
I have redesigned the addon detail pages slightly, to give more real estate to the screens. They are a little bigger now and the rating/favorite features are more prominent. Hopefully that will entice people to rate and favorite more

Comment replies
You can now reply directly to a comment (only down one level, for now) and will be notified via the notifications icon at the top of the screen if somebody replies to your comment.

New Vinyls category
The downloads section now has a category for vinyls. You can now select vinyls when uploading and I have re-categorized existing vinyl/livery downloads into that new category. You may remember NFSAddons/NFSGarage used to have a vinyl section years ago, and those files are still on the server but not visible. The majority don't have preview screenshots, but I will be going through them and re-adding them to the site wherever possible.

Hope everyone likes the new updates, and as always, if you think of a feature you'd like to see, or find a bug somewhere, post on the forums or our Discord server.

Reply #1
on: Apr 10, 2020, 3:40 AM
Administrator Sr. Member

• NFS Showroom Master
I really like this update. The new design for the downloads reminds me of a familiar site...idk which one.

Comment replies definitely were needed.
And vinyl section also is useful.
If you want to succeed, never give up and believe in yourself.

Reply #2
on: Apr 12, 2020, 6:26 PM

Sorry I'm late with replying, but cool updates, I like the redesigned addon layout and the Reply-to-comment feature.  8)
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2020, 12:42 PM by Remko »

Reply #3
on: Apr 17, 2020, 10:58 AM

Another new update today.

NFS:UG, NFS:MW and NFS:C cars will now display which care they replace in the game. If they are addon cars, they will specify that as well.

When uploading, there is a new field to fill out selecting which car it will replace. On the downloads page, you will see this which lets you know which car it replaces

Clicking "Find more cars that replace XXXX" will take you to the downloads page listing all the other addons that replace that car.

Hopefully this makes things a little easier when searching for addons!

Note: I will be extending this to other gameversions soon.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2020, 4:10 PM by Mike »

Reply #4
on: May 06, 2020, 12:14 PM

Minor update today, but the database has been converted to a new DB platform, and should be a little speedier. If you notice any bugs, let me know!

Reply #5
on: May 09, 2020, 1:36 PM
Administrator Sr. Member

• NFS Showroom Master
My suggestion is maybe changing the SOTD section.

I see that the last day is Saturday,but the official last day in the calendar is Sunday. So maybe changing the SOTD to start the SOTD's with Monday,instead of Sunday. It kinda throws me off.
If you want to succeed, never give up and believe in yourself.

Reply #6
on: May 09, 2020, 2:43 PM

The weeks start in Sunday here in North America. I'll see if I can get it to start based on your location

Reply #7
on: Aug 14, 2020, 6:32 PM

• Personal Text
    Retired NFS:MW modder
Timed out screen for upload? Honestly, doesn't make too much sense to say its already uploaded.
Idk if it would take a while... :/
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #8
on: Aug 21, 2020, 8:25 PM

• Personal Text
It would be super helpful to make an update to re-rate an Addon. You only get ONE shot at rating and if you supposedly rated it wrong, there's no turning back. I know how it gets understood when they say they actually rate DIFFERENTLY, like when a mistake was made that a rate was supposed to be 10/10, but it WOULD be a good option. Would it be done?
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #9
on: Aug 22, 2020, 8:16 PM

It would be super helpful to make an update to re-rate an Addon. You only get ONE shot at rating and if you supposedly rated it wrong, there's no turning back. I know how it gets understood when they say they actually rate DIFFERENTLY, like when a mistake was made that a rate was supposed to be 10/10, but it WOULD be a good option. Would it be done?
I have been meaning to add this... I will build that out this week probably

Reply #10
on: Sep 07, 2020, 8:54 PM

• Personal Text
Love the new menu feature!
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #11
on: Sep 07, 2020, 10:02 PM

Love the new menu feature!
The Latest addons on the homepage? Thanks! I may add more to it soon. I want to de-clutter a little bit, but still keep all the info we have (top downloads etc)

Reply #12
on: Sep 11, 2020, 9:53 AM

• Personal Text
Welp ima give a small detail suggestion, colors for the top 3?
Bronze / Silver / Gold text color or whatever.  :P
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #13
on: Sep 11, 2020, 11:17 AM

Welp ima give a small detail suggestion, colors for the top 3?
Bronze / Silver / Gold text color or whatever.  :P
Hmm, not sure it makes sense for the latest addons, but maybe for the Top Downloads

Reply #14
on: Sep 12, 2020, 4:10 AM

• Personal Text
I actually meant top downloads.
#ForzaFerrari

Support NFSAddons: