NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 10:05 PM

Improved/Polished Corvette C5 Project

This is a discussion for the topic Improved/Polished Corvette C5 Project on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Improved/Polished Corvette C5 Project  (Read 3066 times)

5 Replies on Improved/Polished Corvette C5 Project
on: Mar 05, 2021, 5:14 AM
Rookie Member

Hi there!
After finishing (not really, but anyway) the C5 dash, I'm working on the car itself. I took the already decent C5 by XJ220/CVPI19 and trying to bring it a little closer to perfection, as far as my (pretty basic) Zmodeling skills allow.
It got to have smoother, more detailed mesh, somewhat improved proportions, new normals (I still can't figure out how to do both decent reflection and shading for the car's sides, front and rear, so I left it as it is), new seats and mirrors, some details added (like sun caps, antenna, etc), new damage, new career upgrades, interior improvements, some new textures, brand new dash by yours truly (already released as a separate mod).

Also, I'd like it to be a 4-pack, just like the dashes - Convertible, Coupe, 1998 Indy Pace Car and Police version, all with unique details and proper textures.

So far only the coupe and convertible models are somewhat complete, next I'll be reskinning them to make Pace Car and Police versions. Also, I had to borrow some parts from cars made by others - original convertible body and roof meshes and wheels come from C5 by CVPI19, for upgrades I plan to use some wheels from other authors.

I'd like to release it here if I manage to take it to the finish line and get permissions from XJ220 and CVPI19.

As of yet, just some screenshots:
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2021, 5:51 AM by tatarusss »

Reply #1
on: Mar 06, 2021, 7:09 AM

That looks pretty decent!  :) It seems like you have raised the polycount quite a bit.

I am just not too happy with the normals of the window surfaces... a little too much NFS3-style because of a little too much "projection" setting... but thats personal taste.. it looks absolutely smooth.

about permissions:
XJ220: If you read the "readme"-file of Nils´ (XJ220) Corvette, it clearly says that you are allowed to modify and release it as long as you give proper credit and inform him via email ;) He is very liberal about permission.
CVPI19: I don´t know if he did anything else to the car except changing the original wheels to the wheels of XenTek´s Corvette. So maybe you should ask him instead ;)

Reply #2
on: Mar 13, 2021, 4:29 AM
Rookie Member

Thanks!
Yes, I got a bit confused about the authorship. It seems like I misattributed the convertible version to CVPI19. I got it on NFS Police H.Q. and thought he modified the XJ220's coupe and released it as a convertible. Now I guess I'll just have to notify XJ220 and try to get permissions from the authors of the wheels I used.

As for the normals, that's kinda intentional  :) I really like the look of NFS3 cars in menus, where the car body's reflecting all that small lights and all, so you're right, that's a matter of personal taste  :)

About the polycount...to be true, I didn't give much regard to it, so it might be a bit too high. I just try to make sure that my cars do a full-grid race with VEG's patch without crashes and with decent framerates. Sorry, polycount purists out there.

Reply #3
on: Mar 15, 2021, 2:32 AM

PS: If you want to release it as a carpack... maybe you should consider the stock "hardtop coupé" or "fixed-roof coupé" aswell as this car has never been done for NFS4 (except for the Z06 versions converted from NFS6 by ViperJ5 or scratchmade by Ares)
You only need to modify the convertible softtop or simply put the NFS6 roof on your convertible ;)

Reply #4
on: Mar 15, 2021, 5:16 AM
Rookie Member

Yes, adding a hardtop coupe would be great, I thought about it myself, but I'm still considering...It'd also require damage and upgrades, and there's still a lot of work to be done with other versions. I'm torturing this Corvette for like a month or so already, it was never meant to take so long ) And there are other cars waiting to be improved...We'll see  :)

Meanwhile, some screens of somewhat finished Pace Car, Police and still WIP upgrades.
BTW, comments on upgrades are welcome.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2021, 5:26 AM by tatarusss »

Reply #5
on: May 30, 2021, 10:30 AM

• Personal Text
    Nfsfan83
tatarusss I love Your work but have ask, can You make a targa version, like in NFS3 with roof open and close:

Open roof

Close roof:

Targa roof falls gently to the back. Corvette C5 targa I so love in NFS3, also You made great dashboard in NFS3 style - I dont like 3D :)

Greetings

Support NFSAddons: