NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:03 AM

NFSAddons Updates

This is a discussion for the topic NFSAddons Updates on the board Site Suggestions/Feedback.

Author Topic: NFSAddons Updates  (Read 63971 times)

Reply #15
on: Sep 25, 2020, 8:31 PM

• Personal Text
    Retired NFS:MW modder
Is there such an option to look at EVERYTHING in this site? Like how you search for something and even SHOWROOMS pop up. Would it be the same with every Addon?
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #16
on: Sep 25, 2020, 11:23 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Is there such an option to look at EVERYTHING in this site? Like how you search for something and even SHOWROOMS pop up. Would it be the same with every Addon?
hmm, I'm not sure where to put such a feature, as it wouldn't make sense for the download page, since showrooms and projects are downloads, but I'll think about it

Reply #17
on: Sep 26, 2020, 12:26 PM

• Personal Text
hmm, I'm not sure where to put such a feature, as it wouldn't make sense for the download page, since showrooms and projects are downloads, but I'll think about it
I could have an example, like if you want to see what's happening all at once anywhere, or specifically in a chosen game like how every list works (ticking the box). If you ask for location of a button or something, try this, also excuse me if the box is too large.
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #18
on: Sep 26, 2020, 11:13 PM

Hmm, not a bad idea. I'll work on that page when I get some time and add it in there

Reply #19
on: Sep 29, 2020, 12:40 AM

• Personal Text
I do not know if there'd be an option to the site that it would be all-time alert, like if someone replied and you stay at a webpage, it immediately notifies you and changes the recent actions tab to move back, letting a new notification to appear.

But it might make the site heavy or make it slow to load stuff or something. Just a thought.

Maybe ignore this? :V
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #20
on: Sep 29, 2020, 2:12 PM

I do not know if there'd be an option to the site that it would be all-time alert, like if someone replied and you stay at a webpage, it immediately notifies you and changes the recent actions tab to move back, letting a new notification to appear.

But it might make the site heavy or make it slow to load stuff or something. Just a thought.

I can see some issues with that, if you were typing a comment, then the page suddenly brought you back to view the new reply to a previous comment. I could make the notifications icon change immediately when someone comments, instead of needing a page refresh, but like you said, that has potential to make the site slower overall, and I don't think it's bad how it currently is

Reply #21
on: Sep 29, 2020, 2:25 PM

• Personal Text
If there was such a method to make it run lightly, MS Teams has poor quality in EVERYTHING and this is one reason, slow response.

Just to make sure if you CAN do a light-weight all-time alert feature, then try.
#ForzaFerrari

Reply #22
on: Sep 29, 2020, 8:40 PM

• Personal Text
    MW Car Modder

@Sgt.Drifter: Ya Sgt. bro.....I was also just thinking of that too and you posted it in here. Anyway nice thought dude! :)
 @Mike:
But I think this update will definitely slow other things down and I am using a wifi router (good connnectivity and speed and still I am still demanding for a faster ones :( ! So in my view I think its better not to do such because there definitely might be some(mostly probably) users in this site who might be viewing with bad or poor connectivity(for me 'OK') . Anyway this idea is good and if u wish to do this as an update to this site I may not mind............  :)

Reply #23
on: Sep 29, 2020, 9:51 PM

• Personal Text
    MW Car Modder
@Mike: Hello Mike I have a doubt. That is why can't I set a 8K wallpaper as my avatar ??? Is just shows to me as ' nfsaddons.com is currently not working'. Any fixes Mike?

Reply #24
on: Sep 29, 2020, 10:33 PM

@Mike: Hello Mike I have a doubt. That is why can't I set a 8K wallpaper as my avatar ??? Is just shows to me as ' nfsaddons.com is currently not working'. Any fixes Mike?
We limit the size of the avatars to a maximum of 100x100, since there's no need for a larger one and the forums won't break and look off that way.

If that's not the issue, send me a link to the avatar you want and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on

Reply #25
on: Sep 29, 2020, 10:41 PM

• Personal Text
    MW Car Modder
Here's the link Mike:
https://unsplash.com/photos/c-NEiPIxpYI

Pls help me fix this thing!

Reply #26
on: Sep 29, 2020, 10:43 PM

Reply #27
on: Sep 29, 2020, 11:15 PM

• Personal Text
    MW Car Modder
Thanks Mike but I already fixed it by resizing the image MP. But anyway thanks for the help Mike :)!

Reply #28
on: Sep 29, 2020, 11:16 PM

Thanks Mike but I already fixed it by resizing the image MP. But anyway thanks for the help Mike :)!
No problem, glad it's sorted!

Reply #29
on: Oct 01, 2020, 12:16 AM

• Personal Text
    MW Car Modder
Nice NFSAddons Halloween logo and the ghost. Great work Mike :).

« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2020, 12:45 AM by NFSMWFAN »

Support NFSAddons: