NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 2:00 AM

Atlantica Revisited

This is a discussion for the topic Atlantica Revisited on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Atlantica Revisited  (Read 14260 times)

16 Replies on Atlantica Revisited
on: Feb 03, 2022, 11:13 AM

Like to see any pics of your Project when you can to!
Pictures don't make a lot of sense. It's just Atlantica / Aquatica and looks like it. However, combined with a new track shape.
I've come pretty far. Last week I decided to give the "Atlantica Revisited" project a side street. Then a video makes sense.
https://youtu.be/BGv22zNU9mo
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #1
on: Feb 03, 2022, 3:41 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Looks quite promising

Reply #2
on: Mar 15, 2022, 9:11 AM

Reply #3
on: Mar 15, 2022, 11:35 AM

This looks superb!  8)  It looks like one can get lost driving around this track like an 'open world' track. Cool.

How were you able to move the starting line to the 'canals' section?

Edit: Also liking the type 6 dumpsters at 1:11-1:18 from your video.  ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2022, 11:38 AM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #4
on: Mar 15, 2022, 11:40 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
This looks superb!  8) Cool.

Hi Zalcus20 bud that's a real good Question 😎
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #5
on: Mar 16, 2022, 3:19 AM

I did it differently this time than before. First I deleted the last block that didn't have 8 "slices". Then I created a circle with "Clear all" to have a better overview. Next, all blocks were replaced with parts from "Atlantica" or "Aquatica". The end of the circle and the beginning have been replaced with blocks from Atlantica. I used the "Canal section". Then a series of "Aquatica" blocks and so on. All track parts were in their original place. With that I had a lot of unconnected sections that were somewhere. I then edited that again with "Clear all" and this time I made a circle with extra curves. The parts were then almost connected, the rest was manual work. I was surprised that it looked good relatively quickly and was easy to drive.
Before that I had already created a qfs file containing all the textures.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2022, 3:22 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #6
on: Mar 27, 2022, 12:38 AM

Another update, the underwater section of the tunnel now has the double length.
https://youtu.be/koaMtvptAPI
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2022, 7:32 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #7
on: Apr 20, 2022, 12:19 AM

The track shape of "Atlantica Revisited" now stays as it is. I started working on the night version. I'm not quite happy with it yet, but I wanted to position the cameras. It's a lot of work with the "CamEdit" tool. That's why I started to integrate this into T3ED. "Tr.cam" can already be loaded and saved. Cameras can be moved, copied and deleted. The properties are still missing.

Reply #8
on: Nov 26, 2022, 4:01 AM

I'm having trouble with the night version of Atlantica Revisited. Buildings just appear out of nowhere. In the day version everything is ok. Adjusting the track to work well at night would be a huge change, so I've given up.
Then I had the idea of adapting the program. I wanted to ask VEG first, but unfortunately he hasn't worked on HS for a long time. So I tried it myself, and it seems to be successful!
Here is a version of his "Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch" that I modified. Please try if it works for you too. (Only the nfs4.exe)
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2022, 4:03 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #9
on: Nov 26, 2022, 6:07 AM
Rookie Member

Did you increased object visibility by 1 block at night ? It seems, with non modified "exe" objects apears 1 block later in night than in a day. On yours "exe" shows on same block. Tested with Summit skie lodge.

Reply #10
on: Nov 26, 2022, 6:43 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
It always has been strange to me why tracks do have reduced draw distance in night time for no discernible reason

Reply #11
on: Nov 26, 2022, 7:32 AM

I found where the information about day/night is stored. HS checks this when the track is displayed. If it is day, a jump is made in the code. I have now manipulated it in such a way that it always jumps to the day. So there shouldn't be any viewdistance difference between day and night.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2022, 10:45 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #12
on: Nov 26, 2022, 11:51 AM

In 1999 EA needed to make HS run stable with 8 opponents, traffic and or pursuitcars on machines with less memory and average graphic-cards.

EA cars had low-bodys included to save polies in race.

I remember nightraces didn't run so smooth back than (on my comp anyway), maybe they reduced the drawdistance to avoid that.

I don't use VEG patch, I'm happy with how my game runs with EP pack/nglide. And 1 opponent is enough for me.

But it's dissapointing when a track is so detailed and there are to many objects diplayed because the visibility is set to max. It slows down the race.

With the VEG patch your probably tempted to go for max. detail. However it's a 23 year old game.

Anyway good luck with your trackprojects Jim.

Reply #13
on: Nov 26, 2022, 2:15 PM

I found where the information about day/night is stored. HS checks this when the track is displayed. If it is day, a jump is made in the code. I have now manipulated it in such a way that it always jumps to the day. So there shouldn't be any viewdistance difference between day and night.

This is great! Please, can you share the specific addresses you changed and what the original code and your new code is? I assumed you edited nfs4.exe in a hex editor? Or maybe used Cheat Engine? 

Main reason is I am already using a patched nfs4.exe that fixes AI cop behavior when driving at night. If I simply replace this exe with yours, I will lose this fix.

But it's dissapointing when a track is so detailed and there are to many objects displayed because the visibility is set to max. It slows down the race.

Is Neighborhood Drive giving you these problems? I will take this into account with my future track.  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2022, 2:19 PM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #14
on: Nov 27, 2022, 12:20 AM

I assumed you edited nfs4.exe in a hex editor? Or maybe used Cheat Engine? 

Main reason is I am already using a patched nfs4.exe that fixes AI cop behavior when driving at night. If I simply replace this exe with yours, I will lose this fix.

Original data is >83 3D F8 4C 7C 00 00 0F 84 C9 00 00 00< if you search for it you should only find one. Replace it with >83 3D F8 4C 7C 00 02 0F 85 C9 00 00 00<, position should be at 0x3766E. I think it should be possible to change any NFS4 program with version 4.50.

What AI cop fix do you use?

Support NFSAddons: