NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 12:19 PM

Recent Posts

Welcome to NFSAddons Forums - Add your own description in your admin center.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Found another texture property stored in HS Extra data: you can make textures not affected by fog
General NFS / Re: Just a simple question
« Last post by rata_536 on Today at 8:46 AM »
There is no real reason for this. Hometown and Coutry Woods are areas like Virginia or Hazzard County that would actually realistically be a police car like Rosco's cop car

In the PS1 game of Hot Pursuit they got chocolate color 1990 Chevy Caprices with a SignalStat-Yankee-Dietz gumball lightbars and Atlantica has the Aussie style copcars. There is a cheat code to give the cops different vehicles but I can't remember it. You can also change their voices with cheats: Boston talk, French,Italian,German,and Spanish I think are the options.

You're mixing both versions. On PSX version, police for Hometown and Country Woods does in fact have the brown Caprice (which shares a HUGE resemblance with Iowa police cars), but Atlantica and Aquatica have the Crown Victoria, thus making all sense to have the city's logo on them.
Then the remaining cars are shuffled around like AJ mentioned (Redrock's Land Rover was moved to Rocky Pass), the LM002 got axed, an Australian cop was put into the game, and for a silly mistake, the Diablo interceptor went unused. Empire City simply ends up loading the Crown Victoria as well because that car is the fallback; if you were to have more tracks somehow modded into the game, all of them would use this car.

My theory as why we ended up having the Falcon is, it was going to be exclusive to the Australian version of the game, and they ended up shipping it for the main game. After all, its mesh is simply the Falcon GT's low body, with the spoiler removed.
« Last post by AJ_Lethal on Today at 8:18 AM »
Because the PC versions of NFS3 and HS were developed by a different studio (EA Seattle; EA Canada made the PS1 versions) and for some reason they got the cop cars all mixed up (Atlantica cop cars in Hometown/Country Woods, Empire City cop cars in Redrock Ridge/Lost Canyons)
« Last post by Paul Spain on Today at 5:18 AM »
There is no real reason for this. Hometown and Coutry Woods are areas like Virginia or Hazzard County that would actually realistically be a police car like Rosco's cop car

In the PS1 game of Hot Pursuit they got chocolate color 1990 Chevy Caprices with a SignalStat-Yankee-Dietz gumball lightbars and Atlantica has the Aussie style copcars. There is a cheat code to give the cops different vehicles but I can't remember it. You can also change their voices with cheats: Boston talk, French,Italian,German,and Spanish I think are the options.
« Last post by AgentMulder on Today at 1:34 AM »
« Last post by noise on Mar 27, 2024, 2:21 PM »
Do you mean nfs3/4? Anyway I can't answer your simple question. Never noticed it actually.

You have a rather big profile picture.
Took me a while to figure out what car it is.

Ika Renault Torino isn't it? Argentina only. I like it, what's the reason for using it?
General NFS / Just a simple question
« Last post by Doni on Mar 27, 2024, 10:56 AM »
Why the Hometown/Country Woods police cars have the Atlantica/Aquatica symbol?  ???
General NFS / Re: [NFS3] Restoring unused Pursuit Diablo for AI
« Last post by DrSpeed on Mar 23, 2024, 2:31 AM »
Thanks, this works like a charm!
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to change the pointer for the Empire City cop car, without affecting the Hometown one?
Off-Topic Discussion / Re: Where is everyone? How you all doing?
« Last post by noise on Mar 19, 2024, 2:34 PM »
Off-Topic Discussion / Re: Where is everyone? How you all doing?
« Last post by EvoX on Mar 19, 2024, 1:57 PM »
Does anyone have any news about Will?
Last letter to me from him was in July when he celebrated his birthday( his pc might be dead. He was complaining on it when we were talking...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Support NFSAddons: