NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 3:09 AM

General Soccer Thread

This is a discussion for the topic General Soccer Thread on the board Racing & Other Sports.

Author Topic: General Soccer Thread  (Read 33244 times)

28 Replies on General Soccer Thread
on: Mar 22, 2008, 10:40 AM
View Profile

TS

Because Lotec don't like it when European members invade the baseball thread with talks about Manchester United vs Liverpool

All Soccer, be it MLS, World Cup discussion, Latin American soccer leagues or European soccer leagues goes here.

Reply #1
on: Mar 22, 2008, 3:03 PM

Ok.
Well, tomorrow Manchester U vs Liverpool.
Go liverpool. Go Reds.
I think Cristiano Ronaldo dissapears whrn there is a very important match.
Well i'm FC Barcelona fan. and you?

Reply #2
on: Mar 22, 2008, 3:08 PM

Quote from: TS
Because Lotec don't like it when European members invade the baseball thread with talks about Manchester United vs Liverpool
I take it that means me LOL. But I'm actually American... :p Sorry about the invasion.

Did anyone watch the Newcastle - Fulham game today?? I was so glad 'castle won... King Kev is back with style! Now for grand slam sunday!! Go MAN U!!
As far as la Liga is concerned, I HATE Real Madrid, so I always cheer for Barca in those games. I hope it's Man U vs. Barca in the CL final, wouldn't that be awesome?

Reply #3
on: Mar 22, 2008, 3:56 PM

it would be awsome.
But i don't think Barça arrives to the final., because now is very very bad. On thursday Barça was eliminated by València CF(the team of my city, but i hate it,hahaha) of Copa del Rey. I know if Manchester U- Barça play the final, MU will be the winner.

Reply #4
on: Mar 22, 2008, 8:48 PM

Well Man U is going to win no matter who they play. And I watched the Barca-Valencia match on TV, man I was mad Barca lost. I think they're the best team in la Liga, but they never get to their full potential sadly. It looks like Real Madrid is going to run away with the title again this year... Damn them.

Reply #5
on: Mar 23, 2008, 2:45 AM

Don't worry, next Real Madrid matches are quite complicated...today they play against Valencia, and next week vs. Sevilla. Those teams are quite complicated for Real Madrid.
Oh. And thanks for hating Real Madrid...and support Barça. :bigthumb:
I really think that if F.C. Barcelona arrives to the Champions league Final have a lot of possibilities to win, since this is the most close and more desired competition by Barça supporters (like me) and next rival is Shalke...wow!, we are going to win! (I hope so), however, the problem of Barça is the directive...they are too concentrated in advertising the "country" and the club that they forgot that Football is their business...and the coach, Rijkaard is not a good coach, since he don't know anything about strategy. (but thats my opinion)

Reply #6
on: Apr 02, 2008, 7:37 PM

So Barcelona and Manchester United both won away from home, Chelsea lost, and Liverpool got an away goal in a 1-1 drawat Arsenal. I'm predicting that Manchester United, Barcelona, Liverpool, and Chelsea advance to the semifinals.

Reply #7
on: Apr 03, 2008, 1:04 AM

Well, Fenerbaçe is a very complicated team...and Grant's Chelsea is not a very good team in my opinion, About Man U and Barça I don't have any doubt (tough I wish that Roma wins cause I and all Barça Supporters fear Man U, and Cristiano Ronaldo).
About Arsenal...I hope Liverpool loose the next match, but the gunners are not in their best moment...

Reply #8
on: Apr 03, 2008, 7:26 AM

Jaume estic fart q el Laporta es passe la vida fent política(i q s'ha fet com una bola de gros el FdP,hahaha) i el club cada dia estiga pitjor i amb pitjor imatge.
Trans:
Jaume, i'm bored Laporta makes a lot of politics(and became very fat,lol) and the club everyday have got a worse image.

Reply #9
on: Apr 03, 2008, 7:31 AM

Oliver Oresic

And who is the best soccer player all time, what do you think? I think Pele, look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2LI6y5rDI

Reply #10
on: Apr 03, 2008, 4:24 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo is the best the world has ever seen, and then maybe Kaka from AC Milan.

Reply #11
on: Apr 04, 2008, 1:21 AM

@Rafel: I, and a lot of Barça supporters, completely agree with you. Laporta (Barça President) is destroying an historical Football Club.

@Oliver: I would say Ronaldinho, but thanks to Laporta (again) he don't play or play under a lot of pressure, so probably C. Ronaldo is the best player right now.
And historically, yeah, probably is Pele. IMO, Pele was better than Maradona.

Reply #12
on: Apr 04, 2008, 7:20 AM

Oliver Oresic

I think all you must learn a lot about soccer, listen: Pele is legend, he scored 1283 goals in 1363 games, 3 times he won world cup, first with only 17 years, he was 12 seasons best player, specialy in 1961 when he scored 120 goals in 80 games , 10 times he won with his club national league and cup, he was a lot faster than other players, he was good at free kick, corners (jump very higher than others), good header, unstoppable dribling (dribled 9 players in one game and scored), great passing (specially in world cup 1970), strong shot (150 kmh at that time with slower balls than today's), great lob and he played the best with both foots (Maradona don't know to play with right). Ronaldinho only won 1 world cup and he isn't near Pele in all elements of game and C.Ronaldo of course. Ronaldinho was only 2 seasons the best. Euro 2008 will show is C.Ronaldo greatest player now

Reply #13
on: Apr 04, 2008, 10:28 AM

I must not learn because i don't think is the best player all time, i doubt is the best player now.
Pele is, maybe, is the best player, but Di Stefano? I think Di Stefano was more complete player.
But actually, when player win a lot of money, everyday more and more, i can't find a player in two years is bored, and they forget how played seasons ago,herhehe. You can see Ronaldinho, was the best player, and now...

Reply #14
on: Apr 04, 2008, 11:52 AM

Ronaldinho was the best a few seasons ago, but he's not as good now. As for Pele, sure he was brilliant but that was a long time ago. He wouldn't be able to get away with all his tricks in the modern game today. Euro 2008 and the Champions League will show that C. Ronaldo is the best footballer in the world now.

Support NFSAddons: