NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 2:01 AM

T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo

This is a discussion for the topic T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo  (Read 138216 times)

Reply #90
on: Jun 11, 2017, 1:06 AM

A huge thanks for the improved 3d view, JimDiabolo. Now I can test out my track to see if visibility settings are correct.  ;)
Not only that, you can adjust direkt in T3ED using the [Alt] Page Up/Down keys. A good visibility was always important for me. We had a lot of work with the Expasion Pack tracks to correct that. Maybe I should have done this enhancement before.
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #91
on: Jun 11, 2017, 4:23 PM

Not only that, you can adjust direkt in T3ED using the [Alt] Page Up/Down keys.
No doubt, I'll find that extremely useful as well.  :)

Maybe I should have done this enhancement before.
May be so, but you know the saying, 'better late than never'  ;). Thanks again for your continued work on T3ED.

Reply #92
on: Jun 24, 2017, 12:54 AM

I just made a update to T3ED_Dev4.0.0.214. It is just a fix for T3ed crashing, when converting global objects. It always happend on "Durham Road (UK)". Download lies on Magenta Cloud.

Reply #93
on: Dec 28, 2020, 12:17 PM

• Personal Text
    Nfsfan83
Jim , I need some thing in T3ED :)

I set one block - perfect wide of road and pavement and is it possible to add function that all blocks will be that same?

Also I have problem with new version of T3ED, usually I make one object an example a palm tree, than from this I alt+n create new object, and if I have 6 than with shift select all and in old version ctrl+ enter and convert to extra objects all in one, in newest only one is converted :(
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2020, 12:42 PM by nfsfan83 »

Reply #94
on: Dec 30, 2020, 5:02 AM

• Personal Text
    Nfsfan83
Will, I don't know if You talking about it, but maybe this help:

When I creat any tree or palm I usually doing this:

1. first use one polygon, create new (second) and create thrird, third use Point Mode and function merge to join to down point of two polygons.

Now T3ED see this like on ONE object!!!

2. Than set position (crossing) textures of an example - palms

3. Copy new object many times!!! AND in old version I can use ctrl+RMB (right mous button) to select all objects and alt+enter convert all 6 to 1 extra objects.

At version 4.0 it is impossible :(

JIM can You add function - GROUP? And ask about name group?

I create one object, create from this 6, join all and function group - TE3D will be see it like ONE object, than function UNGROUP to make again all 6 separate objects.

Also need rotate in axix Y, I mean some palms lean, not straight :)

« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2020, 5:15 AM by nfsfan83 »

Reply #95
on: Jan 01, 2021, 5:32 AM

1. first use one polygon, create new (second) and create thrird, third use Point Mode and function merge to join to down point of two polygons.

Now T3ED see this like on ONE object!!!
You are using the simple (blue) polygons to create objects? Ok why not.

"create new (second) and create thrird" by using "New/Duplicate Ctrl+N" ?
Ok, then all polygons should belong to one (blue) object. You see it when you switch to object mode and select the new object.

2. Than set position (crossing) textures of an example - palms
Like I would do. For "Track 8" I made a tree wich has three polygons as one object. Then I used ctrl+c to copy an ctrl-v to paste to the block I want it. With "Expand /Shrink" I made them smaller or bigger, rote it an moved it to the position where it should be. Only if that is a place where cars can go I convert them to extra objects. Then set crosstype to "4 collision" of that extra object. After that you should enable "extra object collision detection" to the road polygon below.

3. Copy new object many times!!! AND in old version I can use ctrl+RMB (right mous button) to select all objects and alt+enter convert all 6 to 1 extra objects. At version 4.0 it is impossible :(
Why don't you first convert to (green) extra objects and then copy them?
Do they all neeed to be extra objects ? Do they all need to have a special behavior (like can be hitten by a car)? Like WiLL wrote, don't make to many (green) extra objects.
You should NOT convert 6 trees to one big object.
Have you tried unsing the "Copy Ctrl+C" and "Paste Ctrl+V" functions? It uses the clipboard, you can use it to copy objects and even whole blocks (including their objects) from other tracks. I usually have a second track (or a copy of mine) open, to get objects / blocks from there.

JIM can You add function - GROUP? And ask about name group?
Not possible, it is not part of the nfs3/4 track format. The only kind of group is the block it belongs to, and the chunk where it is stored.

I create one object, create from this 6, join all and function group - TE3D will be see it like ONE object, than function UNGROUP to make again all 6 separate objects.
Why ? You should only join polygons which are really one object.

Also need rotate in axix Y, I mean some palms lean, not straight :)
I would go in Point mode, select the upper points togehter (hold ctrl) an then move them to the side.

I won't make big changes to t3ed anymore. I just don't have the time.

Reply #96
on: Jan 01, 2021, 9:12 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Edited- Jim how can I copy a whole 12 poly row blocks is that in Nfs4 how can ido that an paste it when, the tracks you now is in it's.
Circle from block 0? To guess, block 125? Where does this new? Copied block appear at an with all the objects?
See I never learned this. This is how I messed up my Tunnel area, on my last Empire city track
 Bud :( please try explain all this to me. Sorry I get off Focus making Humor gags cough, so.were does this new Copied block, appear after I use clip board, as to- paste. Ido all this with, like you said, have another, track open to say copy a light source, or object I needed, that the tack needed?
Can this New copied, Track block of 12 poly rows can that be Pasted off the track itself or not? So I can drag it to a different block area? Or does it have to stay in the same 12 blocks it came from. Sorry I cannot talk so well here( please we're does this Get Pasted to??)
Example,, I copied, whole block #2 we're does it get exported to/ pasted. I never was Successful at this. Phew^ sorry I'm impatient on this Stumpier )
±+++++++++++++++++++

Thanks very much for making my day better!!! JimD on your reply. Lolz yes
It's the Control button.. hmm, I ment!
Cya back here this year. I reread this later Meditate on this I will.if you can't reply am Tell how. I just say Fuck you!! An an I give up like you do also. Cause my life or sold now an all Fucked Up also. I don't play Video games. Anymore. !
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2021, 4:12 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #97
on: Jan 03, 2021, 9:08 AM
Rookie Member

Hello JimDiabolo and happy new year.
   Is it possible for you to add a function in T3ED that exports the whole track or all objects into separate .off objects of track all at once with a base pivot point at the center of the track? of course, I know that it's difficult to do, but I'll pay

I've already tried to export Track vertices and after converted, it with a script to 3ds max but overall it made approximately 144k points and a cloud of unuseful mess.

thank you.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2021, 9:14 AM by ssass2 »

Reply #98
on: Apr 02, 2021, 12:58 AM

Due to the corona virus I had some more free time at home. That’s why I started to do some changes to t3ed again. Till now my focus was on NFS4. In version I did a lot for NFS3. Since VEGs great modern patch I find NFS3 tracks interesting again. This version isn’t a “final”, but it has a lot of changes so I want give it to public.

Changes so far:
- When exporting visibility, the file will be saved in the track directory.
- Bugfix for deleting the last block of a track with less then 8 virtual road points.
- T3ED loads now the nfs3 heights file "simhts.dat" and the speed files "speedsf.bin/speedsr.bin".
- Adjust the “col.vroadHead.size” to allow paste/delete blocks on nfs3 tracks!
- Ability the change all texture of a block with its objects in one step.
- Show more info about what is selected in the status bar. I did this for some testing purpose, I think it will stay.

- Changes to the texture dialog on nfs3 tracks:
 It shows the texture id and the bitmap number in the qfs – file.

- NFS3 Texture Properties dialog was added

- When moving virtual road points manually, the „ColVroadVecs“ will be recalculated. You see the difference when “Show Virtual Road Width and Node Points” is activated. It also will be done after the “Virtual Road, Heights.sim” Dialog. In both times also the “PolyVroad” information will be recalculated. It must be some Vroad information on drivable polygons.
Both changes were already be done when you move blocks with smoothing on. I missed it when I made the manual movement.

- NFS3 handles textures different. Each track has a “TextureBlock”. It now can be ex/imported into a csv file.
I still don’t understand the textureblock. NFS4 don’t uses it. It seems to have the information about roation, flipping and tiling in the 8 “corners” values.
Actually t3ed uses this structure:
struct TEXTUREBLOCK
{
   short width,height;
   unsigned long unknown1;
   float corners[8]; // roation, flipping and tiling?
   unsigned long unknown2;
   char islane;      // 1 if not a real texture (lane), 0 usually
   short texture;    // index in QFS file
} TEXTUREBLOCK;

If somebody has an idea please tell me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 8:54 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #99
on: Apr 02, 2021, 1:12 PM
Administrator Hero Member

I'm not a track editor by any means, but this all looks useful. And very impressed that you're still updating T3ED after all these years!

Reply #100
on: May 24, 2021, 3:22 PM

Hello JimDiabolo,

Thanks for keeping T3ED updated and making it easier to make tracks for NFS3 & 4.  :)

I'm having some trouble with importing animation data to extend the animation numbers in T3ED. I'm trying to extend the default Numbers of animations from "Nr 16" to at least "Nr 72".  Everytime I try to import the text file, the program says it stops working and then closes. I tried all versions of T3ED and copied every step you showed in your YouTube tutorial, but I am still having this issue.  My machine is a windows 7 64-bit laptop.

If you can help me out with this, it will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: It seems to be some sort of bug that happens when T3ED is installed on Windows 7.  I tried importing the animation text file to T3ED installed on a virtual machine running windows xp and it worked! Not sure why it doesn't function properly on windows 7.  :-\

Anyway, keep up the good work with T3ED.  =D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 5:40 PM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #101
on: May 25, 2021, 5:59 AM

I'm having some trouble with importing animation data to extend the animation numbers in T3ED. I'm trying to extend the default Numbers of animations from "Nr 16" to at least "Nr 72". 

EDIT: It seems to be some sort of bug that happens when T3ED is installed on Windows 7.  I tried importing the animation text file to T3ED installed on a virtual machine running windows xp and it worked! Not sure why it doesn't function properly on windows 7.  :-\
I haven't used Win7 in years. Usually have Win 10 Pro (64 bit) running. I had problems with T3ED there when it is in "Program Files". The program should be in a folder that does not require administrator rights.

Reply #102
on: May 25, 2021, 6:48 AM

I had problems with T3ED there when it is in "Program Files". The program should be in a folder that does not require administrator rights.

It seems T3ED runs very stable on the virtual machine running Windows XP (no random crashes, very smooth 3d preview, etc). So I think I'll continue work on my track project using this method.  I use Virtualbox 6.1.22, in case anyone wants to try this method.

I only use Windows 7 for classic Need for Speed purposes. Everything else, I use Windows 10.  ;)

Thanks again for your help. All the best on your 'Track 8' project!

Reply #103
on: May 25, 2021, 10:17 AM

I still compile T3ED on a virtual machine with Win XP. So it's best tested there. :)

Reply #104
on: May 26, 2021, 12:07 PM

• Personal Text
    Nfsfan83
Me too... XP SP3 from 20 years still with me... I love this system :)

Core 2 Duo 2,66 ghz E8200
4 GB ram
Gainward GT 630 2GB DDR3 128 bit

Support NFSAddons: