NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 2:16 AM

T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo

This is a discussion for the topic T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo  (Read 138218 times)

Reply #165
on: Oct 23, 2021, 4:46 PM

After much testing, here are some screenshots of a custom-made, functioning divided highway.

As you can see it is not entirely perfect.  Sometimes the traffic will drive on the highway's middle or on the sidewalk.  But at least it works thanks to JimDiabolo's efforts with T3ed.

Reply #166
on: Nov 12, 2021, 1:04 AM

As you can see it is not entirely perfect.  Sometimes the traffic will drive on the highway's middle or on the sidewalk. 
Is it a complete custom made divided highway? It looks like you got a great view distance.
I just followed a traffic car on durham road, it didn't drove perfect either.
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #167
on: Nov 12, 2021, 6:30 PM

The track is based on Summit track.  Summit has no divided highway, so yes this is a completely custom made divided highway. I'm working on it little by little everyday.  Although it's based on Summit, the track will replace Country Woods.  I am ensuring that the view distance is good, and so far the rear view mirror can be used without CTD.  I think I'll name it "Neighborhood Drive". Thanks for feedback.

Here are some screens that show other parts of the track.  Mind you, it is still in a raw state.  I plan to add houses and more trees and use all types of collision objects, especially type 6, like your "Track 8".  ;)

BTW, with proper speed file editing, it is possible to make the ai racers drive on the divided highway without colliding too much with the trees in the middle.  Takes a lot of patience though.

Reply #168
on: Nov 13, 2021, 5:20 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Gmorning here, looking really nice Zalcus wish you the best! About it. Nice Pics to.
Looks like it's working well 😎😺
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #169
on: Nov 13, 2021, 6:21 AM

Those screens look epic. I hope the track gets out like you think it should and i find it awesome to see new tracks like this coming out

Reply #170
on: Nov 16, 2021, 3:37 AM

That looks like an ambitious project. Very nice.

Reply #171
on: Dec 05, 2021, 2:53 PM

Turns out there is a limit on how many type 6 objects a single NFSHS track can hold. The max is 128.  When I try to add more, the game crashes at the loading screen, just before the race is about to start.

EDIT: There is also a limit on how big in megabytes the TR.FRD file can be, too. The max appears to be 2.65 mb. Anything larger than that will either cause visual glitches on the track in game, or will cause a CTD.

FYI, these findings were tested with the VEG Patch installed.  It is possible the limits can be lower if you are not using the VEG Patch.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2021, 3:00 PM by Zalcus20 »

Reply #172
on: Dec 05, 2021, 6:14 PM

• Personal Text
Hi what's a CTD bud?
I think I almost did a 2.65 mb. Track one time I'm really glad your finding out these HS mysterys Zalcus have a good week bud. 🎀⛄🎄   

Reply #173
on: Dec 06, 2021, 6:36 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.

Reply #174
on: Dec 06, 2021, 9:36 AM

• Personal Text
Hi what's a CTD bud?

Crash to desktop

Ok got it, yes I hate when that Crash happens, atm, I don't have any Tv to use a PC monitor, now days.( Cause I don't have a Hdmi slot older for screen TV's I git. :P So I'm not all Worrying about it. An have a better day my Tropical bud ,ps. I like your Avitar is that a a younger Wolf? 🐺 😺⛄🎄🎀 🧔

Reply #175
on: Dec 06, 2021, 9:42 AM

Reply #176
on: Dec 06, 2021, 12:45 PM

• Personal Text
    Nfsfan83
Turns out there is a limit on how many type 6 objects a single NFSHS track can hold. The max is 128.  When I try to add more, the game crashes at the loading screen, just before the race is about to start.

EDIT: There is also a limit on how big in megabytes the TR.FRD file can be, too. The max appears to be 2.65 mb. Anything larger than that will either cause visual glitches on the track in game, or will cause a CTD.

FYI, these findings were tested with the VEG Patch installed.  It is possible the limits can be lower if you are not using the VEG Patch.

In Nassau track, Tr is 3,55 mb ;) and working fine

Reply #177
on: Dec 06, 2021, 1:09 PM

Wow, you're right!  :)  Oops.  :o

Perhaps I experienced a crash because I went overboard with the extra objects? Maybe I could figure out what the max number of extra objects is although that will be a little difficult.  Once the limit is reached, the tr file becomes corrupted and you can't open it up to delete the excess objects. That's why it's so important to make many backups.

It is a relief to know that I can go that large with my Tr file. This means completing my 'Neighborhood Drive' track is foreseeable. Thanks for checking, nfsfan83.

I'm going to post my track under the "Projects" tab when I get a chance.  =D

Reply #178
on: Dec 09, 2021, 6:11 AM

I think you are right about that. Fortunately, T3ED can still load tracks with more than 128 "Type6" objects in order to delete some.
Sounds like you are testing the limits of HS with your track. In contrast, my project is rather small and was only created to test T3ED. I'm currently bringing parts of "Atlantica" and "Aquatica" together. But it works quite well.

Reply #179
on: Dec 09, 2021, 10:34 AM

• Personal Text
Hi there JimD  8)
I like the things your doing also, what kinds of parts are trying to do with both them, Water tracks...
I think Zalcus21 is doing things, too. I miss editing some I'm to busy with teal life now days. An my problems, I try sort out.  ::)

Other than that,  things R, not so Scary except the weather we have here an cold. I like your Rubukes Cube, style Avitar. Jim what's it's meaning, just Curious looks cool to. Yw...
Have a safe tgif, an Weekend. Like to see any pics of your Project when you can to! Cya ) I have Dentist next Monday ..  ::) glad get it over with. Ttul  :)

Support NFSAddons: