NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 12:11 AM

Converting Car from NFS III to NFS IV

This is a discussion for the topic Converting Car from NFS III to NFS IV on the board Help/F.A.Q.

Author Topic: Converting Car from NFS III to NFS IV  (Read 1976 times)

4 Replies on Converting Car from NFS III to NFS IV
on: Jul 29, 2021, 5:09 AM

For some reason, my car's mesh is showing up in game for NFS IV.  It wasn't doing this in NFS III.  At first I thought it was the polygon effects, but changing those didn't help.  Anyone know what I need to change to fix this?

Reply #1
on: Aug 06, 2021, 1:50 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.

Reply #2
on: Aug 09, 2021, 6:45 AM

Thanks for the suggestion!  I will look more into that.

I did just export and convert the FCE file from NFS III though and I didn't have any issues in NFS III.  Unless the conversion screwed something up?  I will compare the UV mapping for both my NFS III and NFS IV FCE files to see if I can spot any differences.

Or maybe I did something that I could get away with for NFS III, but creates this issue in NFS IV?  I'll post back again after looking over the UV Mapping.

Reply #3
on: Aug 09, 2021, 3:11 PM

It definitely has something to do with my TGA file.  As soon as I replaced that, all the lines went away.  It's probably the alpha channel.  I'll have to confirm the correct alpha channel colors that will represent the primary and secondary colors of my car in game.  And then make sure to export the TGA file with compression unchecked.

Attached my alpha channel.

Reply #4
on: Aug 14, 2021, 8:02 AM

Okay so maybe it's not my alpha channel actually. It might be something to do with the face properties of my polygons. When I make the alpha channel all white and the texture all one single color, all the polygon lines do not show up anymore, but I think that is only the case because the color of the lines match the color of the polygon faces. I'll continue to dig into this and report back.

Support NFSAddons: