NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 4:47 AM

T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo

This is a discussion for the topic T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo  (Read 138227 times)

Reply #180
on: Dec 11, 2021, 1:16 AM

I like your Rubukes Cube, style Avitar. Jim what's it's meaning, just Curious looks cool to. Yw...
I took it from one of my favorite bands. I miss going to concerts. "Elbow" are just great live. And I really like the cover.
https://elbow.co.uk/discography/
Like to see any pics of your Project when you can to!
Pictures don't make a lot of sense. It's just Atlantica / Aquatica and looks like it. However, combined with a new track shape.
T3ED has always been able to convert routes into a circle. Curves and height differences can be added in the next version. I use the sine function for this.
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #181
on: Dec 11, 2021, 10:43 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Curves and height differences can be added in the next version. I use the sine function for this.

That includes stuff such as curve banking?

Reply #182
on: Dec 11, 2021, 5:10 PM

I think you are right about that. Fortunately, T3ED can still load tracks with more than 128 "Type6" objects in order to delete some.
Sounds like you are testing the limits of HS with your track. In contrast, my project is rather small and was only created to test T3ED. I'm currently bringing parts of "Atlantica" and "Aquatica" together. But it works quite well.

Yes, I am testing the limits of the game with my track.  But don't worry, the finished track will not be too demanding.  I just would like to know what's possible and what isn't since this a 'more-than-20-year-old game'.  ;)

Glad to hear about the positive results of joining "Atlantica" and "Aquatica" together so far.  I wanted to do that at some point...looks like you beat me to it.  :)

Reply #183
on: Dec 31, 2021, 1:08 AM

At the end of this year there is a new T3ed version.  ;)
New in Version 4.2.0 (343):
- Improved "Clear all" function. Instead of turning the track into a circle you have much more options now: Set a x and y multiplier, and add additional curves with the sine function. It can also be used to make ups and downs.
- Copy & Paste blocks with hs_extra data. (Number of lanes.)
- Paste block as object: The object will now be exactly at the blocks position. You have to move it when necessary.
- Simplified Code for selecting Virtual Road-Points.
- Block Highlighting will now work for Virtual Road Points.
- Virtual Road Points will be shown as stars instead of crosses.
- Import & export of Virtual Road, Heights, spdfa and spdra data to "Vr_H_Spd.csv".
- Fix for pasting blocks with other than 8 slices.
- Fix for pasting only spdfa / spdra data. In older versions a recalculation of “poly vroad” on block 0 was done with wrong parameters.
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2021, 1:16 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #184
on: May 21, 2022, 8:12 AM

T3ED with integrated Replay Camera Editor ready!
New in Version 4.3.0 (386):
- Paste block to current vroad added.
- If you import a Vr_H_Spd.csv file with changed virtual road values, the track can be rearranged to that new virtual road. This can be used to change track shapes.
- Bug fix: Poly VR Flags will only be displayed for (black) track polygons. (Alt + enter)
- Bug fix for Pasting HS extra data (Number of lanes)
- New option: Set visibility minimum.
- New function: Copy & paste virtual road points. You can select what will be pasted. Position & vectors, Heights data, spdFa data, spdRa data or HS extra Data (Number of lanes)
- When converting (Global, extra & polygon) objects you won't lose shadow/color information anymore.
- The "Show track based on visibility" mode has been improved if a global object is selected.
- Several safety checks have been added to avoid illegal memory calls. I think this version has the best stability of the ones I made. If you find a error that can be reproduced please let me know.
- Integrated Replay Camera Editor:
  •    "Tr.cam" will be loaded / saved with the frd-file.
  •    Enable viewing cameras by "View -> Show Replay Cameras"
  •    Move, copy, and delete them like other objects.
  •    When a camera is selected a light blue line from camera start to stop will be display along the virtual road. You can adjust the cameras start and stop with (Alt) PG Up/Down keys.
  •    When you press "Alt" while moving a camera T3ED will adjust start, stop and render.
https://www.nfsaddons.com/downloads/nfshs/tools/6958/t3ed-430.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 8:35 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #185
on: May 21, 2022, 10:45 AM

Amazing!  Thank you for implementing the replay cameras.

I found out the limit for extra objects with collision (crosstype 4).  It's 512.

So:

Type 6 object limit is 128.
Extra Objects with collision is 512.

Exceeding any of these limits in T3ED will cause NFSHS to either crash to desktop or experience glitches.

Reply #186
on: May 21, 2022, 3:47 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Ooh gotta try the camera editor, especially since the rotation values appear to be editable 👀

Reply #187
on: May 22, 2022, 1:00 AM

Type 6 object limit is 128.
Extra Objects with collision is 512.

Exceeding any of these limits in T3ED will cause NFSHS to either crash to desktop or experience glitches.
I'm thinking of giving a warning when saving a track beyond that limits.

Ooh gotta try the camera editor, especially since the rotation values appear to be editable 👀
I already had a version where I interpreted these numbers as "short". But that didn't make much sense either

Reply #188
on: May 22, 2022, 7:43 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
I already had a version where I interpreted these numbers as "short". But that didn't make much sense either
I tinkered with those values last night and I found out some values control the camera rotation and others the FOV/scaling. However the way they work is weird since depending of the angle you have to flip the FOV/scaling values into positives/negatives, otherwise you will get a rather distorted image. Also it appears to be a matrix of sorts since the rotation values also work differently depending of the angle you want.

Reply #189
on: May 23, 2022, 4:34 AM

When the next update comes, warnings will be in when saving.

I included them before I forget about it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 4:37 AM by JimDiabolo »

Reply #190
on: May 27, 2022, 8:14 AM

A small update to version 4.3.0 (390):
- Replay Cameras will be sorted.
- When saving: Show warning messages if track breaks limits. Which are 512 for crosstype 4 extra objects and 128 for crosstype 6 global objects. Thanks to Zalcus20 for the info.
- Bugfix when selecting blue polygons.
- Safety checks for the "Move" function.
- Improved "Paste Block" function.

Reply #191
on: May 27, 2022, 9:38 AM
Rookie Member

I wonder- is it possible to make a nfs5 version of t3ed?
Of course, this would be a huge amount of work, but im wondering...

Reply #192
on: May 28, 2022, 12:31 AM

I don't think anyone has tried to decode the file structure of NFS5 yet. I haven't tried it yet. With NFS3/4 most of it was already known. I only changed a few things.
I tried to import MCO routes into T3ED, but didn't get very far. I have no idea how best to proceed with unknown file structures.

Reply #193
on: Jun 07, 2022, 10:17 AM

New in Version 4.3.0 (393):
- Paste X & Y (Shift Y) and Paste Z (Shift Z) now uses the clipboard. Copy point to clipboard before (Ctrl C).
- Bug fix for entering move distance, directly after deleting a polygon.
- Auto adjust Z on virtual road points when moving (X & Y). Won't be done if Altkey pressed, or z is moved.
- Auto adjust Z when moving lane points (X & Y). They will be placed 0.025 above the track polygon below. If you don't want it press Alt while moving.

Reply #194
on: Jun 22, 2022, 6:49 AM

Thank you for continued development. :)

How can I compile the source code myself? Can you upload a step-by-step guide? Thank you!

Support NFSAddons: