NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 6:55 PM

Nvidia Geforce

This is a discussion for the topic Nvidia Geforce on the board Hardware, Software & Technology.

Author Topic: Nvidia Geforce  (Read 34142 times)

Reply #15
on: Mar 14, 2010, 3:01 PM

The reason I got sucked into NFS:HS again was my crappy video card, nVidia GeForce 6150 LE that came with my PC. I guess it's supposed to have 128MB but it's not good at all. NFS Carbon worked fine interestingly. NFS ProStreet demo was fine but actual game got 5 fps on lowest detail. NFS:HP2 is pretty choppy on low, around 16 fps. Never tried MW. Porsche Unleashed is as far as my card can go, with a slight choppiness on highest detail.

Is my card really this bad or is there something else wrong? :p

Reply #16
on: Mar 15, 2010, 12:36 AM

• Personal Text
    Most Wanted V.I.P.
I have  nVidia 6600GT since 4 years now & I can play upto Undercover fine on medium settings except for Pro Street. Dunno why its slow. But NFS4 doesnt run fast. It looks crappy even on full settings. Roads & all that are not clear. :(

Reply #17
on: Mar 15, 2010, 6:07 PM

Yes, NFS4 actually looks better on very old graphics cards (circa '99/'00/'01) because the game had programmed settings in for them. Modern graphics cards aren't supported obviously, and they don't have effects bundled with them with the game's drivers. Notice if you explore the registry that there are listings for different brands of video cards along with settings for them, I'm pretty sure it's in [Local Machine]\Software\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed High Stakes\3DData\...

It's pretty interesting check it out ;)
Tried Glide Wrapper?

Reply #18
on: Mar 16, 2010, 5:18 AM

• Personal Text
    Most Wanted V.I.P.
Yeah. I saw that list. It mentions all old gfx cards. :(

I havent tried Glide Wrapper? How does it affect the game?

Reply #19
on: Mar 16, 2010, 9:47 AM
Administrator Hero Member

Quote from: Roadstar
I have  nVidia 6600GT since 4 years now & I can play upto Undercover fine on medium settings except for Pro Street. Dunno why its slow. But NFS4 doesnt run fast. It looks crappy even on full settings. Roads & all that are not clear. :(
I've had a Geforce 6600GT in my PC fotr the past 3 1/2 years and it ran fine (Virtually every NFS4 screenshot I've uploaded here in recent years was made with that card); are you sure you've been running the game in hardware mode and not software?
You may want to try one of the alternative 3dsetup files if it doesn't work. Like the one that comes with the IP Lounge: http://www.hsscoring.com/Welcome.htm
(I'm talking about the 4,4 mb file) If you don't plan to play online with the IP lounge you can simply choose to not install those, and only install the new 3d setup instead.
This patch really is the solution for any problem you may encounter when trying to run NFS HS on a modern PC. :)

Ferrariman: I think it's a pretty low-end card (but I'm not an expert) Then again you say it runs Prostreet so it's not that bad. Are you considering getting a new card?

Reply #20
on: Mar 17, 2010, 1:43 AM

• Personal Text
    Most Wanted V.I.P.
Thanks a lot dude. :D I will have to re-install NFS:HS in order to view the changes. I didnt knew that new 3dsetup files for modern cards have been launched.

Reply #21
on: Apr 02, 2010, 6:10 PM

@ Remko: I've been considering a new PC rather than a new card itself, but yes... I guess it was bottom-of-the-line. And I said it ran ProStreet... not that you could actually play it. I got, uhm, 8 FPS? :(

I know it's a bad GFX card but it still seems insanely slow. 8FPS with ProStreet on all the lowest detail? When not racing any opponents? The funny thing is that the ProStreet demo worked fine :/

Reply #22
on: Apr 02, 2010, 8:57 PM

I run an Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200, would the new 3dsetup files for nfshs work with that, or make a difference in game?  If so where can I get them?

Reply #23
on: Apr 03, 2010, 7:07 AM

You can get them with the NFS HS Stock Pack.
NFS HS Stock Pack hosted on Dropbox by unBtable
:)

Reply #24
on: Apr 03, 2010, 9:29 PM

I tried the link, first by clicking on it, then by trying to download it with Getright Pro, it didn't load the first time, the second time it said the file was not on the server.

Reply #25
on: Apr 04, 2010, 4:16 AM
Administrator Hero Member

Yeah, that Dropbox link 404s for me too. But you can still find the SP installer on the page I linked a few weeks ago, or directly: http://hsscoring.com/download/NFS_HS_SP_Installer.zip
I just noticed that the version FM tried to link is supposedly newer (v3.0 beta), but I don't know if it makes any difference in relation to the new 3dsetup

When you run the installer, don't be confused by all the options you get, many of these are aimed at online racing, but you don't necessarily have to install all of them if you only play offline.
If all you want is to try out the new 3d setup, just uncheck everything else:

(I just tried this myself and have been getting 1mb errors, so I'm gonna run it again to apply the fix for that. I like about this installer that you get a free choice on what you want and don't want to use. ;))

Reply #26
on: Apr 04, 2010, 9:07 PM

thx Remko, the link works.

Reply #27
on: Apr 05, 2010, 5:11 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Whats all the Benifits,from this? Stock pack.
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #28
on: Apr 06, 2010, 12:30 AM

• Personal Text
    Most Wanted V.I.P.
I found it useful for starting it on WIndows 7. Thanks Remko.

Reply #29
on: Apr 06, 2010, 2:14 PM

@ Remko: LOL you're using Version EP2 build 1.43? Yeesh, they're up to EP3 build 1.65 by now...
It looks like UB's Dropbox links no longer work. and those were the old version
I recommend you all get the latest (1.65) version because it's the most bugfixed... you can get it from team-ger.org

@ WiLL: The Stock Pack enables the user to race NFS 4 online again, with a small but friendly community of NFS racers. It also lets the game run on all sorts of modern versions of Windows.

PS: I got NFS HS to work with Ubuntu Linux V9.10 Karmic Koala: I have a manual if anyone wants it PM Me ;)

Support NFSAddons: