NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 4:37 AM

NFS: Porsche Unleashed Combined Patch

This is a discussion for the topic NFS: Porsche Unleashed Combined Patch on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: NFS: Porsche Unleashed Combined Patch  (Read 4790 times)

4 Replies on NFS: Porsche Unleashed Combined Patch
on: Apr 02, 2019, 2:52 PM
Rookie Member

Hello everyone!

Since nfscars.net is now down, I've been looking for a good place to post the combined patch I made for Porsche Unleashed.

This patch combines the "Complete" patch found here and the "Essentials" patch found here and adds in a few fixes of my own.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U6w_kQ0NnPV2QGg0fpSOY-6-4MTA7tun

I've put all the documentation from all the various patches in the Docs folder, and everything else in the Installation folder. Just copy everything from the Installation folder over to your game folder, install nGlide in the Install folder, configure it using nGlide Configurator, then either install the Porsche.sdb file, or just set Porsche.exe to run in compatibility mode for Vista SP1 (which has the same effect as the .sdb file).

You can change your picture and name by renaming 8Player.sav in the SaveData folder to whatever you'd like your name to be. (The number is the picture). Then modify players.lst with the new name you gave yourself.

Let me know if you have any questions or anything!

Reply #1
on: Apr 02, 2019, 4:06 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Nice work!

Would you like me to upload this to the site, in the Tools section so it is easier to find?

Reply #2
on: Apr 02, 2019, 7:52 PM
Rookie Member

Sure thing! I just uploaded a new version with a nice readme for people to follow :)

Thanks!

Reply #3
on: Apr 08, 2019, 6:46 AM

Oh!!!

This is nice. You should check with Keiko that way he could add it in the installer he made for the Good Old NFS Games.

Excellent Work!
Slowly flowing the energy through my body, and falling embers embrace myself.

Reply #4
on: Jun 07, 2019, 1:51 AM
Rookie Member

Nice to find you here.
I also did my own combined patch last year. I talked to you already on NFSCars.
I remember I told you to delete one file because I thought it is redundant, it had the same size as original file. Reason is I wanted this patch to really be as clean as possible, because IPLounge's patches were a real mess. That's why it took me my whole summer vacation and then some to study every single file.
But when I compared in HEX editor I realized it actually was modified, but you weren't on the forum since.
Anyway, it's been so long, I have to check things again.

Also since then I came a long way, that means I have every NFS Redump image, if anyone wants.
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2019, 1:55 AM by GrimReaper »

Support NFSAddons: