NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 7:51 AM

NFSAddons Redesign comments

This is a discussion for the topic NFSAddons Redesign comments on the board NFSAddons Errors & Bugs.

Author Topic: NFSAddons Redesign comments  (Read 85489 times)

Reply #15
on: Sep 17, 2018, 5:47 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
I'm on Mobile now,using Chrome instead of Outlook E? My phone is broken an kinda, Junky . yes @ Remko I think the Site's Lay out an Look us Super Sharp! Now Since mike Flipped that,other switch? An its working really well an loading all things,files now. So forgive me for Freaking out this am. As we can do lol. But, I try not doing.. Thanks for getting my Big Mod up on the Site to! Was Great an made my Monday. I try make a better, one this Winter possibly. yikes so yes, much easier to see Car files, an History an all that.  Just have to Train myself to use the new ReVamp more, is all.
:)
Cheers you guys Strong Coffee...
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018, 5:51 PM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #16
on: Sep 18, 2018, 2:49 AM

Nice work on the new design Mike.

Love the new features of the download section. Sorting and selecting brand or NFS-game is really smooth.
Really improves functionality of the site.
I also like the "Random NFS Addon" (although i think it should show only files from the selected game category).
The navigation bar at top is functional and effective.
For the forum the new design also looks fantastic.
The projects category is a neat idea too, im sure people will make good use of it.
Overall a very bright design, giving the site a fresh new look

I got some ideas for design tweaking, though. First off, agreeing with Remko, kinda miss the Freak-DS pics (at least for the homepage)  :)
then maybe...
- while you are at it... add some more filter functions to the download section (e.g. searchbox would be nice, or searching for authors)
- Bigger pictures (increase size of preview pictures in download section, also featured car at the front-page should have pic at least as big as the SOTD)
- on the forums i find the box with user info is a little too wide, squeeze that a little to make more room for the actual text post (speaking from PC-browser perspective)

Everything else is a matter of taste, i guess  :P

Just my 2 Cents. Greetings

Reply #17
on: Sep 18, 2018, 4:07 AM

It's really unusual dunno what2say. At least I can get access and it doesnt say  my session is over. Hoho.
...Cause you don't know what you've got, it's your battle to be fought... (c)

Reply #18
on: Sep 18, 2018, 12:34 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Nice work on the new design Mike.

Love the new features of the download section. Sorting and selecting brand or NFS-game is really smooth.
Really improves functionality of the site.
I also like the "Random NFS Addon" (although i think it should show only files from the selected game category).
The navigation bar at top is functional and effective.
For the forum the new design also looks fantastic.
The projects category is a neat idea too, im sure people will make good use of it.
Overall a very bright design, giving the site a fresh new look

I got some ideas for design tweaking, though. First off, agreeing with Remko, kinda miss the Freak-DS pics (at least for the homepage)  :)
then maybe...
- while you are at it... add some more filter functions to the download section (e.g. searchbox would be nice, or searching for authors)
- Bigger pictures (increase size of preview pictures in download section, also featured car at the front-page should have pic at least as big as the SOTD)
- on the forums i find the box with user info is a little too wide, squeeze that a little to make more room for the actual text post (speaking from PC-browser perspective)

Everything else is a matter of taste, i guess  :P

Just my 2 Cents. Greetings

Thanks, madman! The only time you're really "in" a category is if you are in the game info, or browsing the downloads, so having the random addon only for that category would make it empty most of the time. Maybe someday I'll let users select which versions show up in there, so they don't see addons that don't apply to them.

Thanks for the other suggestions! Author search box is something I am planning on adding, but want to make sure it works properly and makes sense. The other two, featured car size and forum layout are already on my list :)

I'm working on making the forums responsive right now, but have to re-write a lot more code than I thought,  and making that narrower will be part of it

Reply #19
on: Sep 18, 2018, 12:34 PM

It's really unusual dunno what2say. At least I can get access and it doesnt say  my session is over. Hoho.
Glad it's working for you now!

Reply #20
on: Sep 18, 2018, 1:03 PM

Thanks, madman! The only time you're really "in" a category is if you are in the game info, or browsing the downloads, so having the random addon only for that category would make it empty most of the time. Maybe someday I'll let users select which versions show up in there, so they don't see addons that don't apply to them.
[...]

Okay, guess i understand. I think that the addons are random on the homepage and "outside" a category is totally fine!
But if a category is selected, the random addons should be only from that game, if that is possible  :)
You know, so you can select a game just rummaging  ;)

Reply #21
on: Sep 18, 2018, 1:20 PM

[...]

Okay, guess i understand. I think that the addons are random on the homepage and "outside" a category is totally fine!
But if a category is selected, the random addons should be only from that game, if that is possible  :)
You know, so you can select a game just rummaging  ;)

Hmm, that might work. For now, there's always sorting them by "Surprise Me" :)

Reply #22
on: Sep 24, 2018, 4:39 PM

FYI, Random addon is now on the sidebar, and the featured car is within the nav. Figured that was a better place for each of those :)

Reply #23
on: Sep 30, 2018, 9:20 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Uh... the subject box when you create a new topic is missing, hence you can't create new topics

Reply #24
on: Sep 30, 2018, 11:41 AM

Uh... the subject box when you create a new topic is missing, hence you can't create new topics
well that is weird... Thanks for the heads up.. will fix that!

Reply #25
on: Sep 30, 2018, 1:33 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Great Find there AJ Bud, :D yeah... No more post. That make it a we-bit. Boring rite. ;)
Long.. Week ahead Tmi'. Here
Cya then good Job Mike to )
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #26
on: Sep 30, 2018, 5:09 PM

At first could not log on then drop down menu would not work but now working and looking better.Looking forward to seeing when finished.Mike good update from the original look.

Reply #27
on: Oct 01, 2018, 8:49 AM

Subject should be fixed, now!

Reply #28
on: Oct 01, 2018, 10:31 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
yep, it's fixed  :D

thanks!

Reply #29
on: Oct 07, 2018, 3:16 PM