NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 3:35 AM

NFSAddons Redesign comments

This is a discussion for the topic NFSAddons Redesign comments on the board NFSAddons Errors & Bugs.

Author Topic: NFSAddons Redesign comments  (Read 85470 times)

76 Replies on NFSAddons Redesign comments
on: Sep 17, 2018, 12:53 AM
Administrator Hero Member

Hey everyone, hope you enjoy the new design!! Let me know here if there are any bugs you find, or features you'd like to see!

Reply #1
on: Sep 17, 2018, 4:40 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Good morning, here hi it Looks nice an all. Well, when I'm on Android it's hard to Navigate around, I haven't seen any Uploads at all as,yet..( or any Screen shots of the day, because the top Right side of page is all Dark won't load on my Thing... So I try an have more Patients, with all my Disappointments. From all the Work I did yesterday.. Well so did others. Looks Nice tho Mike :}

I get this error when I try too look at anything else says To many In directs?
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018, 4:46 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #2
on: Sep 17, 2018, 4:49 AM

the new design is kinda ok, but i would unite the theme - round or sqare only, not both, it looks weird to me... but there is problem for me with accessing categories other than forum where i get error: too many redirects on vivaldi/firefox(nightly) :-\

Reply #3
on: Sep 17, 2018, 6:10 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hi Keiiko i'm on Chrome getting about the same as you,Atleast i can see the Full banner above...

It won't Load any thing else for me.  :-\  It's a Shame...Monday.
I guess i stay Quite for now i'm on my Pc well.
I have chores to do anyways. Have a Better week all.  ^-^
hopefully we can se other parts of the Site this week?
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #4
on: Sep 17, 2018, 9:02 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
The redesign looks killer, Mike. Although I can't access the site on my mobile phone (redirect loop).

Also, you can add a sort by name option for files.

Reply #5
on: Sep 17, 2018, 9:08 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

I will take a look at the redirect looping. It's not happening for me, but hopefully I can see what's going on.

I have some more tweaking to do for mobile, but didn't realize you guys viewed it that way :)

Reply #6
on: Sep 17, 2018, 9:09 AM

the new design is kinda ok, but i would unite the theme - round or sqare only, not both, it looks weird to me... but there is problem for me with accessing categories other than forum where i get error: too many redirects on vivaldi/firefox(nightly) :-\
Thanks! You mean how the forums is square, and the main site is more rounded?

Reply #7
on: Sep 17, 2018, 9:17 AM

Blue ones are squared
Red ones are rounded

you should really pick one style, this way it looks like you put old forum board from 2008 onto new web  ;)

also squared ones are flat, rounded ones are visibly rised
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018, 9:19 AM by Keiiko »

Reply #8
on: Sep 17, 2018, 9:34 AM

Thanks, I'll work on tweaking those :)

Can you try navigating to the rest of the site now and see if it works?

If it doesn't try logging out and logging back in on the forums

Reply #9
on: Sep 17, 2018, 9:55 AM

Hey guys... I'm an idiot. I had code left in that was only so I could see the dev site. It should be working now

Reply #10
on: Sep 17, 2018, 10:29 AM

Also, you can add a sort by name option for files.

Done!

Reply #11
on: Sep 17, 2018, 10:30 AM

nice, now it works, but i saw a two minor problem (while i did quick check) in downloads/nfsinfo there is The Need For Speed: SE instead of Need For Speed II

Reply #12
on: Sep 17, 2018, 10:35 AM

nice, now it works, but i saw a two minor problem (while i did quick check) in downloads/nfsinfo there is The Need For Speed: SE instead of Need For Speed II

Good catch, fixed :)

Reply #13
on: Sep 17, 2018, 4:53 PM

Well, this certainly was a nice surprise after a short vacation... site was unavailable for a couple of hours but I wisely decided to wait before panicking. ::) I love the new design that uses the width of the screen now, I regret seeing the familiar banner screens at the top of the page go (The ones by Freak), but the current background images look neat, too. And it's great that it adapts to mobile use, too.

I also like that the download sections now shows the latest uploads by default, helps giving the most recent entries a bit extra screen time. I could not resist sorting them by 'oldest first, to see back which ones were the first to appear all the way back in january 2002.  =D  And I like seeing the return of the 'random car/track'.  8)  Much respect for all the work you put into this new design.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018, 4:56 PM by Remko »

Reply #14
on: Sep 17, 2018, 5:01 PM

Well, this certainly was a nice surprise after a short vacation... site was unavailable for a couple of hours but I wisely decided to wait before panicking. ::) I love the new design that uses the width of the screen now, I regret seeing the familiar banner screens at the top of the page go (The ones by Freak), but the current background images look neat, too. And it's great that it adapts to mobile use, too.

I also like that the download sections now shows the latest uploads by default, helps giving the most recent entries a bit extra screen time. I could not resist sorting them by 'oldest first, to see back which ones were the first to appear all the way back in january 2002.  =D  And I like seeing the return of the 'random car/track'.  8)  Much respect for all the work you put into this new design.

Thanks, Remko! I do miss those old images too, perhaps I'll have to tweak them to fit the new design too. Not sure if it's that noticable, but the downloads pages show a random car in the header, rather than a stock one like here on the forums. Some of them don't work too well, I should keep track of them and create a list of ones that don't look good.

Still lots of work to do on the mobile side of things (the forum isn't the greatest in mobile), but it's functional, at least. Hah, I actually ahd fun scrolling through them all while I was developing it, too. Lots of great cars I forgot about. The random sort is fun :)

Support NFSAddons: