NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 9:56 AM

'Coming out' .. kinda

This is a discussion for the topic 'Coming out' .. kinda on the board Off-Topic Discussion.

Author Topic: 'Coming out' .. kinda  (Read 4731 times)

3 Replies on 'Coming out' .. kinda
on: Jan 01, 2017, 7:20 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. ok .. this a hard one since only few men would like to admit it :P ... anyone else 'coincidentally' into that, too ...?

The famous 'Franklin and South Manchester' layout by George Sellios .. work of a lifetime

Observe your own physical reactions (pulse frequency, blood pressure etc.) while watching this .. if there's none .. you're either dead, something female(?!) (.. of which I admittedly don't know what would be worse.. ;)) .. or obviously just not affected :(

https://www.youtube.com/v/pNNEwdHy604?t=11

Cheers
Frank
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2017, 8:50 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Jan 01, 2017, 8:53 PM

The topic title got me wondering, But when I clicked it I wasn't disappointed :P .YES I'm very much into electric trains in HO scale but I have no room now where I live to run them, Where I used to live though I had a whole mini city set up. I only wish they made trains in 1:64 scale that would suit Matchbox-Hotwheels,etc accessories. I still have alot of Hotwheels highway sets for road layouts but they now sit boxed up in my shed in storage. Someday after I rearrange things round this house I might rebuild my mini city.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #2
on: Jan 01, 2017, 11:01 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Oh I see ... 1:64 scale .. that's old S Gauge by Lionel Trains wasn't it, very expensive and rare nowadays .. same with me concerning space ... I still have a Marklin H0 C-track setup that I cannot build in my small tenement .. :(

Was different in my youth since I had a large room and a big layout then running there where I sat for hours watching trains run, was all being automatic :) with custom build landscape and stuff ... ^-^

I made tons of real cool Wintrack plans for a 40" by 80" 'extended door' layout (2x1m which is somewhat 'classic' in Europe and elsewhere while '4x8' is in the U.S., right?) these days but neither I have had the time nor the money (MR has become extraordinary expensive nowadays ..) to have finished it let alone a matching corner to fit in :'(

Do you know this page: http://www.thortrains.net/index.html

Scroll down to 'S Gauge' and have a look there of how much space those would consume ???

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2017, 11:09 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #3
on: Jan 02, 2017, 8:45 AM

Oh I see ... 1:64 scale .. that's old S Gauge by Lionel Trains wasn't it, very expensive and rare nowadays .. same with me concerning space ... I still have a Marklin H0 C-track setup that I cannot build in my small tenement .. :(

Was different in my youth since I had a large room and a big layout then running there where I sat for hours watching trains run, was all being automatic :) with custom build landscape and stuff ... ^-^

I made tons of real cool Wintrack plans for a 40" by 80" 'extended door' layout (2x1m which is somewhat 'classic' in Europe and elsewhere while '4x8' is in the U.S., right?) these days but neither I have had the time nor the money (MR has become extraordinary expensive nowadays ..) to have finished it let alone a matching corner to fit in :'(

Do you know this page: http://www.thortrains.net/index.html

Scroll down to 'S Gauge' and have a look there of how much space those would consume ???

Indeed, Space hogs, Also even though they say they are 1:64 scale they are infact 1:43, As the diecast vehicles they sell as accessories to go along with them are 1:43 scale. Hotwheels did make a train set once though that was proper 1:64 scaled but it looked spacy and stupid, nothing like a real train looks, Hence why they don't make trains no more I guess :P.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Support NFSAddons: