NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:42 AM

reshade 3.0 + High Stakes (Modern Patch/nGlide) + DirectX 12

This is a discussion for the topic reshade 3.0 + High Stakes (Modern Patch/nGlide) + DirectX 12 on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: reshade 3.0 + High Stakes (Modern Patch/nGlide) + DirectX 12  (Read 19664 times)

Reply #15
on: Aug 27, 2017, 12:03 PM

If you want you can force a resolution in the dgvoodoo configuration in "Glide" tab... by default the option is set to "Unforced", thus you can change it ingame via options menu of High Stakes.

In the first screenshot almost no effect is visible. My config definitely looks brighter on my system. Seems the effects correlate with the used hardware.
Imo Lumasharpen and 16bit color mode (Voodoo emulator) is not really a good combination, result will be pretty pixelated image.

Reply #16
on: Oct 20, 2018, 4:05 PM

****Updated and working on Reshade 4.1.1.495 @ 26/01/2019****

Hey guys,

I hope you're all ok. I managed the get the game working with reshade. You can even select which effects to use with the keyboard. Maybe we could all try to find a good configuration and post it here in the forums so everyone can use it.

Here are the steps I followed:

Installation:
1. Install NFSHS with the modern patch.
2. In the nfs4.ini file from the modern patch change the ThrashDriver to "dgvoodoo", and then proceed to configure the dgvoodoo wrapper in the "dgvoodooconf.exe" executable.
3. Download the latest reshade software from the official site (http://reshade.me/).
4. Execute reshade.
4.1. Navigate the NFSHS executable file "nfs4.exe".
4.2. Select the rendering API: "Direct 3D 10+"
4.3. Click "Yes" to download a collection of standard effects to use with the tool.
4.4. When prompted to: "Select the effects to install" just make sure to have all of them checked. (This is so you have the full list of effects to try later in the game; afterwards you can delete the ones you won't use in the "shaders" folder located inside the "reshade-shaders" folder).
4.5. Configure additional options as "show fps" and the "screenshots path" when the reshade setup title bar says "completed".

Configuration:
1. When you execute the game you should see a title bar that indicates that reshade is loading.
2. Wait until all the the effects are loaded.
3. Press "Shift+F2" or "Home" (for newer versions) to access the configuration panel.
3.1 To navigate the panel you can use "Tab" or "Ctrl+Tab" (for newer versions)
3.2. While in the panel you can use the "Arrow Keys", "Space Bar" , "enter" and "Tab" or "Ctrl+Tab" to navigate the panel.
4. Create your profile in the menu, afterwards you can start using it.
5. You can try the effects while in the game so you can tweak it to your linking. So far the effect's I have used are:

- Colorfulness (Color Related)
- FakeHDR (Color Related)
- Vibrance (Color Related)
- LumaSharpen (Soft Sharpening of the Image)
- FXAA (Eliminate Jagged Edges and more)

Pictures are attached.

Take note the effects can lower your fps while in game. Take note that a good dgvoodoo configuration can increase the performance of the game with the effects loaded.

Feel free to comment, I'll do what I can to help you.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2019, 10:37 AM by BoxCarRacer »
Slowly flowing the energy through my body, and falling embers embrace myself.

Reply #17
on: Oct 22, 2018, 4:21 PM

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Need to try that!

Surely has potential to improve the looks/atmosphere of the game, with the right settings. The difficulty is to balance the effects to look good at different lighting conditions (day,night,weather,menu etc).
But sure good for making up some interesting pics :)

Reply #18
on: Apr 06, 2019, 10:56 PM

****Updated and working on Reshade 4.2.1 @ 04/06/2019****

After getting the game to work with reshade, I began to experiment with different setups because I was experiencing an unplayable frame rate with the previous setup (15 fps).

I think I found the optimal setup since now I get up to 30 fps.

Installation:
1. Download and install nGlide -- (http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide)

2. Install NFSHS via CDRom or by mounting the ISO

3. Download and install the Expansion Pack -- (https://www.magentacloud.de/share/8ny03h-h8e#$/)
Note: I downloaded the big file 115.8 Mb since the smaller pack was giving me issues with Win 10 Defender
Don't add any check to the glide renderer in the Expansion Pack Setup and read every check box option if you don't now what to select.

4. Configure nGlide settings after installing the Stock Pack when prompted

5. Configure the 3dSetup and select: "Glide Voodoo Cards" as the Graphic Renderer

6. Download and execute the latest reshade software from the official site (http://reshade.me/)
6.1. Navigate the NFSHS executable file "nfs4.exe"
6.2. Select the rendering API: "Direct 3D 9"
6.3. Click "Yes" to download a collection of standard effects to use with the tool.
6.4. When prompted to: "Select the effects to install" just make sure to have all of them checked. (This is so you have the full list of effects to try later in the game; afterwards you can delete the ones you won't use in the "shaders" folder located inside the "reshade-shaders" folder).
6.5. Configure additional options as "show fps" and the "screenshots path" when the reshade setup title bar says "completed".

Configuration:
1. When you execute the game you should see a title bar that indicates that reshade is loading.
2. Wait until all the effects are loaded.
3. Press "Home" to access the configuration panel.
3.1 To navigate the panel you can press "Ctrl+Tab"
3.2. While in the panel you can press the "Arrow Keys", "Space Bar" , "Enter" and "Tab" or "Ctrl+Tab" to navigate the panel.
4. Create your profile in the menu, afterwards you can start using it.
5. The shaders I use are:

- Colorfulness (Color Related)
- FakeHDR (Color Related)
- Vibrance (Color Related)
- LumaSharpen (Soft Sharpening of the Image)
- FXAA (Eliminate Jagged Edges and more)

With those effects I get an average of 30 fps with a resolution of 1920x1080 in nGlide. Take note that the more effects you add will lower your fps while in the game.

Feel free to comment, I'll do what I can to help you.

Note: I think that the issue is that with the previous setup I was forcing the game to use directX as the graphics renderer. With the new setup it uses nGlide and that gives a boost to the fps.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2019, 10:36 AM by BoxCarRacer »

Reply #19
on: Apr 14, 2019, 8:54 PM

Hey guys,

I uploaded a couple of pictures so you can get a better idea of the differences. I suspect we can get it working for other NFS titles.

If you want to check the full size images for comparison here is the link on my one drive:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtEzNihD4xoug8wyFEPlqTSnerIPqg

Support NFSAddons: