NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:27 AM

reshade 3.0 + High Stakes (Modern Patch/nGlide) + DirectX 12

This is a discussion for the topic reshade 3.0 + High Stakes (Modern Patch/nGlide) + DirectX 12 on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: reshade 3.0 + High Stakes (Modern Patch/nGlide) + DirectX 12  (Read 19664 times)

19 Replies on reshade 3.0 + High Stakes (Modern Patch/nGlide) + DirectX 12
on: Oct 06, 2016, 4:44 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
The latest version of Reshader (3.0.0) was released a few hours ago: new improvements, DirectX 12 compatibility and a friendly ingame menu which lets you adjust the shader without leaving the game (I guess)

Here's the link if you want to test it: http://reshade.me/

The install is easy and recognizes the game instantly, but when I launch the menu (Shift + F2) the cursor doesnt move and I cant select anything. The in-game cursor still works but the Reshader menu just keep frozen...

Anyone have experienced this too? Any suggestions to select the reshader's cursor? My question could be noobish, but I cant figure how can I run the reshader properly ::) and I'm very interested in post-processing HS :D
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

High Stakes Modding & Gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6iLQXpAJxknqaziZss5uw

Reply #1
on: Oct 07, 2016, 2:44 AM
View Profile

VEG

NFS3 and NFS4 use mouse cursor in exclusive mode. As the result it works worse than standard system cursor with many small different problems. For example, you can't just move the cursor out of the window when the game works in a window.

So, I suppose it can be fixed only by patching the game. We have to avoid using exclusive mouse input mode. But this feature is for the far future, if it will be implemented at all.

Reply #2
on: Oct 07, 2016, 3:03 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
Ok, so I think a possible solution could be waiting for a new revision of ReShade. I've read some people were asking for hotkeys too.

Thanks VEG ^^
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

High Stakes Modding & Gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6iLQXpAJxknqaziZss5uw

Reply #3
on: Nov 29, 2016, 3:35 PM

My game is crashing ... the mouse works, but the game cursor is locked in the middle of the screen ... and the keyboard also does not work .....
I'm using the Youtube tutorial

Reply #4
on: May 05, 2017, 7:46 PM

Hi! I had to delete my post after seeing that you where mentioning this...

Find below my original post:

-------------------------------

Hi everyone I was wondering I any of you guys can help me solve this mistery. I saw a video on youtube called "Need for Speed Highstakes Reshade" it caught my attention since I use Reshade on some older games in order to improve Shaders, Color Saturation add SMAA as well as other things. By viewing the Reshade site (Reshade.me) I found that in the compatibility list of games they have NFSIIIHP!!!

Game: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit [1998]
Render API: Glide
Description: Use dgVoodoo2 to wrap Glide to D3D11.

If you click the Descripton it gives you a list of the necesarry steps to take in order to make it work. I've been trying to test in on NFSHS, however im confused by the dgvoodoo2? Should I use dgvoodoo for the thrash.ini or glide3x?

What do you guys think?

P.S. Besides Reshade I want to know if it can be posible with SweetFx+Reshade which is the same thing plus with more features.

------------------------------

The youtube video clearly shows someone actually managed it to work in NFSHS with the modern patch. I'm trying to figure out how
Slowly flowing the energy through my body, and falling embers embrace myself.

Reply #5
on: May 11, 2017, 7:30 AM

You have to use the Reshade files for directX 11, namely dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini, ReShade.fx, Sweet.fx and folder "SweetFX".Place these files into the drivers\dgvoodoo folder of the modern patch. If installed correctly, on game-start you should see a textmessage coming up indicating that Reshade was loaded successfully.
As Gustingorriz stated, you can't configure Reshade ingame. You have to make all settings manually in the "SweetFX_Settings.txt" configuration file - located in folder "SweetFX".
ReShade can only apply "picture filters" (like using photoshop) to the image, so you can create a new "visual style" (CRT monitor look etc).
So don't expect new effects like realtime reflections or lensflare from light sources like ENB offers for some old games.
I tested it with ReShade 3.0.3.

Reply #6
on: May 11, 2017, 8:20 AM

Realtime reflections in NFS3, and NFS4, I would drool for that.

Reply #7
on: Jul 24, 2017, 10:25 PM

I have tweaked with the Sweet FX configuration for some other games, so I have an idea of what it does. I'll have to try it out with reshade, since what I have always used sweetfx as a standalone. The only downtime to sweetfx is that it uses dx9 and above, I'm hoping VEG manages to pull this off.

I'll try some testing after I complete aproject I'm currently working on. I'll post some screenshots too.

Reply #8
on: Aug 15, 2017, 1:59 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
You have to use the Reshade files for directX 11, namely dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini, ReShade.fx, Sweet.fx and folder "SweetFX".Place these files into the drivers\dgvoodoo folder of the modern patch. If installed correctly, on game-start you should see a textmessage coming up indicating that Reshade was loaded successfully.
As Gustingorriz stated, you can't configure Reshade ingame. You have to make all settings manually in the "SweetFX_Settings.txt" configuration file - located in folder "SweetFX".
ReShade can only apply "picture filters" (like using photoshop) to the image, so you can create a new "visual style" (CRT monitor look etc).
So don't expect new effects like realtime reflections or lensflare from light sources like ENB offers for some old games.
I tested it with ReShade 3.0.3.

I cant find those reshade.fx, sweet.fx and SweetFX_Settings.txt for activate the shader in any version (3.0.3 or 3.0.8 ), I have the other files and the folder with downloaded shaders and presets... and nfshs detects the plugin correctly

Any suggestions or a link? I'm very curious about how to apply that weird bloom effect  :P
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

Reply #9
on: Aug 16, 2017, 5:15 AM

Well, i used the recommendation on the official forums to kinda "combine" ReShade version 2.x (with SweetFX) and 3.x (no SweetFX), since for version 3.0 there were no shaders (.fx files) available at the time.

https://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2501-reshade-3-0-guide-for-newcomers
-> "Use SweetFX 2.0 with ReShade 3.0 (temporary solution)"

dxgi.dll is the ReShade.dll (32bit version)
dxgi.ini needs to be edited to set correct paths

However, ReShade 3.x now has own shaders but follows a kinda weird philosophy imo. It seems you can't really use Reshade 3.x without the "ingame GUI" (Shift + F2). Furthermore all Config files will not be saved in the game folder but in the user folder instead (%appdata%\Reshade).
So at this point i see no way to get this working properly with High Stakes since this "ingame menu" is not working and there is no other way to configure ReShade 3.
Definitely needs further investigation...

Of course i can provide the merged files i used to do this screenshot. Maybe you can figure out some nice settings using SweetFX 2.0.
(Unfortunately i gotta say, apart from some Bloom i don't see any effects that could be considered an improvement.)

Greetings

Reply #10
on: Aug 18, 2017, 5:21 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
:)
Nice Works  8)
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #11
on: Aug 18, 2017, 5:36 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.

dxgi.dll is the ReShade.dll (32bit version)
dxgi.ini needs to be edited to set correct paths

dxgi.ini is set to my NFHS/driver path, but do I need to edit another file from your rar? If I replace all the "dgvoodoo" folder with yours, the game recognizes the plugin without effect.

I checked the "Global_Settings.txt" file too, to see if something is disabled or similar.

Thanks for your patience MADMAN  ::)
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

Reply #12
on: Aug 18, 2017, 11:51 PM

dxgi.ini is set to my NFHS/driver path, but do I need to edit another file from your rar? If I replace all the "dgvoodoo" folder with yours, the game recognizes the plugin without effect.

I checked the "Global_Settings.txt" file too, to see if something is disabled or similar.

Thanks for your patience MADMAN  ::)

Nope, if the paths are edited it should work right away.
Effect settings are in the "SweetFX_Settings.txt" configuration file - located in folder "SweetFX".

Check dgvoodoo to make sure its running at directx11.
Do you get any compiling errors with ReShade on game startup?
Check all neccessary files are present and not deleted/blocked by Anti-virus app.

Reply #13
on: Aug 19, 2017, 9:48 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
I think its working, but not very well...

When start a race the screen looks messed up, with a lot of exposure/gamma and then, when the car is moving that effect dissapears but a mini 4:3 screen in a corner with the same image blinks repeteadly. Its crazy.

When the Reshade files removed from dgvoodoo, game works fine.

In the nfshs.ini file I have selected "ThrashDriver=dgvoodoo"

I'm going to left the shade thing for now becuase I think its related to my graphic/PC settings...

Anyway I appreciate all your help and patience MADMAN  ^-^

« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017, 9:55 AM by Gustingorriz »
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

Reply #14
on: Aug 26, 2017, 4:39 PM

Ok,

I tried some variants with the SweetFX_Settings file.

For the first one I used MadMan's preset file as a base, and I just added the USE_SMAA option on 1. Screenshot(1)

The other one is using the combination above + USE_LUMASHARPEN option on 1. Screenshot(2)

Other combinations or effects cause conflict and what Gustingorriz stated happened, happens. I think it has to do with the Shader's since I copied the Sweet FX Shaders from another game I have and I couldn't get the combinations above to work.

Either way I think it gives us some nice effects that we can use to enjoy the game.

P.S. Is there a way to edit the game's resolution?
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017, 8:41 PM by BoxCarRacer »

Support NFSAddons: