NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 6:22 AM

Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?

This is a discussion for the topic Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ? on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?  (Read 41946 times)

Reply #30
on: May 08, 2016, 12:52 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
A couple of tips

-DX7 mode takes way less of a hit performance-wise while using hi-poly cars in full grid
-You can use other DX dlls by copying files and editing the corresponding thrash.ini file (this is good if you can't record videos/screenshot with Bandicam in DX7 mode, for example)

Reply #31
on: May 08, 2016, 3:24 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Yes, I agree much here @ you AJ_L.
I'm not messing with my HS!. Till I see  ant better Pics, of nfs4 an,ah So.!.
An thanks letting me know more AJ have a better week, if we can around here!....  if I see the better Res pics?. My game looks nice enough, I need a better Vid card any how,, Cough...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 3:26 PM by _WiLL_ »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #32
on: May 08, 2016, 4:10 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Yes, I agree much here @ you AJ_L.
I'm not messing with my HS!. Till I see  ant better Pics, of nfs4 an,ah So.!.
An thanks letting me know more AJ have a better week, if we can around here!....  if I see the better Res pics?. My game looks nice enough, I need a better Vid card any how,, Cough...

you don't actually have to replace any file to use the modern patch: just uncompress "nfshs.exe", "nfshs.ini" and "drivers" somewhere else first and rename "nfshs.exe" and "nfshs.ini" to something else (i.e "nfshs_mod") before copying those to the root nfshs folder

EDIT: Here's a couple of pics and video

https://www.youtube.com/v/VMZM2RyrCiY
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 4:59 PM by AJ_Lethal »

Reply #33
on: May 08, 2016, 5:07 PM

• Personal Text
I'm just a Good man... Yeah,a Track editor. I'm making some break throughs.I'm happy with my Animations, finding out things newer. I found out, an it's doing good.
 I'm not really seeing to much difference pal? Can you explain to me um, what's is better. An I never tried doing a Full grid on your mustang. Is that it only. My Device that I'm using won't let me see your Video AJ do u have a Straight link for this? To see it. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 5:16 PM by _WiLL_ »

Reply #34
on: May 08, 2016, 5:22 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
I'm just a Good man... Yeah,a Track editor. I'm making some break throughs.I'm happy with my Animations, finding out things newer. I found out, an it's doing good.
 I'm not really seeing to much difference pal? Can you explain to me um, what's is better. An I never tried doing a Full grid on your mustang. Is that it only. My Device that I'm using won't let me see your Video AJ do u have a Straight link for this? To see it. Thanks :)
Mostly being able to run a full grid of hipoly cars without crashing the game and alt-tabbing in and out of the game (only works in nglide mode, tho)

here's the YT link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZM2RyrCiY

Reply #35
on: May 08, 2016, 7:21 PM

• Personal Text
I just seen the Vid nice man, I can drive old hometown like that to) But you was going so fast, I can't see the details so much))
Anyhow, thanks. I just sent you a pm.
Wish you make a Video on my latest track aj,forward way. Day race,Fogg off, show me how you,take the shortcuts. ;) would be cool yah.
Good week too all,!? We,, hope.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 7:53 PM by _WiLL_ »

Reply #36
on: May 12, 2016, 12:27 AM

Veg updated the files, now including a proper readme file. The NFS4 Patch is now listed under its own section. Further patch discussion is supposed to take place in that new NFS4 patch section.
http://veg.by/en/projects/nfs4/

Reply #37
on: May 23, 2016, 11:14 AM

Reply #38
on: May 24, 2016, 5:46 AM

well... it always leaves a strange taste in my mouth when someone suddenly demands money for such a "hobby thing"...
But I can understand VEG somehow... and since NFS4 isnīt his own priority but a wish from our community it isnīt that hobby thing anymore I think.

Since NFS4 is still my favorite game and this patch is some kind of a dream come true I would be willing to donate... letīs say 25 dollars

... a lot for an old game that doesnīt cost half the money if you buy it... but not more than 3 drinks at a cocktailbar nowadays so I would be fine with a donation...

just... 10 years ago it would have been sooo easy to get him the 1000 buck. But nowadays I somehow doubt that we few guys here were enough :/

Reply #39
on: May 24, 2016, 7:27 AM

Yeah, not sure our community, or whats left of it, will be able to achieve this goal. Maybe with some very generous donators among us...
Principally i am willing to spend money on this project. Also a little higher range than 25 bucks - without naming specific numbers. I know its a lot of work to do this.
On the other hand, if he wants to give it up without sponsorship (and thats what he said basically...), it makes me doubt he has the neccessary drive and passion for this game. And if you do something that just pisses you off every single day, it wont work out well.

We could start a kickstarter project and see how its working out. Anyone has experience with that?
Just Vegs deadline is a bit short for that atm.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 7:38 AM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #40
on: May 24, 2016, 8:21 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
I too would be willing to donate, but I also doubt that we'll find enough supporters to achieve the milestones.

And I would not necessarily call his decision 'lack of passion'. Should he get back into freelancing and really find the time to work on 'Project NFS', progress would be really slow as each time you start working on this stuff again, you'll have to get into the code again before you can get some work done. This combined with the limit of 2 to 3 hours invested per day will result in slow progress and eventually real frustration because your work does not pay off as much as you'd like it to. And $ 500 is a really moderate amount, imagine how long you'd be able to live on that in Germany...

Reply #41
on: May 24, 2016, 12:20 PM
Rookie Member

it really is a bitter sweet. i can understand the request for donation.

honestly the only thing i wish the game had, was the test drive function enabled.

Reply #42
on: May 24, 2016, 2:44 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Well, that's a development I didn't expect, but it's understandable. I've been a free-lancer myself, I can't really blame him  that he can't afford to work for weeks, let alone months on something he doesn't get paid for. Maybe someone else is offering him a paying job right now, and he just has to make a choice.

Much like the others, I wouldn't mind donating something in the same area as the others mentioned, but the $ 500 minimum sounds a bit steep for the few that are left of us (there might be more than we think, but since we often see the same names at various communities, I tend to think in terms of dozens rather than hundreds :P)

I like this project, this is why I’m ready to work on it for a month or two without tangible profit.
This gives me hope, in terms of motivation at least.

Pity I don't have experience with Kickstarter either, I feel it would help to get the donations collected in a more organized way than what he's suggesting now (don't have experience with Western Union either, only Paypal)

Reply #43
on: May 27, 2016, 2:11 AM

I hope the cars such from Real Racing 3, CSR Racing, etc etc and someone would be rip the car and convert it. To put an race in nfs4.
I thinks like from author: Eclipse72rus (well know as corvettez06 from nfscars.net)

That's my Opinion. :v
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 2:23 AM by dandresden »

Reply #44
on: May 29, 2016, 1:00 AM

Yeah, not sure our community, or whats left of it, will be able to achieve this goal. Maybe with some very generous donators among us...
Principally i am willing to spend money on this project. Also a little higher range than 25 bucks - without naming specific numbers. I know its a lot of work to do this.
I would give some money for a improved NFS4, too. I'm sure he is able to do the things he promised.

Pity I don't have experience with Kickstarter either, I feel it would help to get the donations collected in a more organized way than what he's suggesting now (don't have experience with Western Union either, only Paypal)
Like me, I have only used PayPal so far. But we need a better way to find out if we can get enough money. At least a better topic for it.
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Support NFSAddons: