NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 9:37 PM

Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?

This is a discussion for the topic Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ? on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Where/how to find high poly NFS4 cars ?  (Read 41969 times)

Reply #45
on: May 31, 2016, 2:01 AM

[...] But we need a better way to find out if we can get enough money. At least a better topic for it.

We could make some kind of poll with different cash amounts (5$,10$,20$,30$,40$...). So, at least we could see what the active, registered users of nfsaddons.com are ready to spend.
For this topic, I would recommend to just edit the name, since Veg has linked this thread on his page      ...Remko?  =D

edit: i created a voting-poll, hoping for active involvement...
Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch - Donations?
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2016, 10:12 AM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #46
on: Jun 01, 2016, 2:57 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Thanks for creating the poll, Madman, great initiative. Same for the reply you posted on VEG's page in response to his statement about the NFS4 patch. After he had explained his situation and asked for donations, things remained rather quiet for several days, I am glad you posted your reply to break the ice, so to speak. The poll will hopefully give him a good idea if and how much the fan community is willing to contribute.

About this thread, I could rename its title to "VEG's Modern Patch for NFS4" to make it easier to recognize, if that's what you meant - if JimDiabolo has no objection, it's his thread, after all. :)

Reply #47
on: Jun 24, 2016, 6:19 PM

can you help me ?
I formatted my computer and nothing happened ...
will be I did something wrong?

error:
AMF=5 screen.c(563)

Reply #48
on: Jun 25, 2016, 5:04 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
You should have opened a new topic ;)

Anyhow, you re-installed the game after formatting your PC and now, when starting it you get that message? Did you apply update 4.50 to the game?
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2016, 8:37 AM by XJ220 »

Reply #49
on: Jul 05, 2016, 1:10 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
endo's Lamborghini Countach 5000QV, 14800 polygons each car, runs full grid and viewable in menu just fine. :)

That's with the Modern Patch, of course. The game does run rather poorly but I think it's being bottlenecked by forcing single core CPU, as increasing graphic settings has minimal impact on performance.

Reply #50
on: Jul 06, 2016, 8:38 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
AJ mentioned it runs smoothly in 3dfx mode. Even a single core of a more or less modern CPU should provide more than enough power for HS. The AI and especially the physics are not THAT demanding :P

Reply #51
on: Jul 06, 2016, 8:44 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
AJ mentioned it runs smoothly in 3dfx mode. Even a single core of a more or less modern CPU should provide more than enough power for HS. The AI and especially the physics are not THAT demanding :P
It was on D3D mode, not Glide; although in my case you still notice the performance drop (my FPS dropped to 30 or so using a full grid of my '13 GT500)

Reply #52
on: Jul 06, 2016, 2:19 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
Anyways, I'm glad to be back at such a good time. The NFS3 patch is pretty much perfect, I can only dream of how a more developed NFS4 patch would be. It's already nice to run all those cars, and it can only get better!

Reply #53
on: Jul 07, 2016, 8:25 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
It was on D3D mode, not Glide; although in my case you still notice the performance drop (my FPS dropped to 30 or so using a full grid of my '13 GT500)
Ooops lol thanks for clarifying.

Reply #54
on: Jul 07, 2016, 12:51 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin

Greatest performance I had with dgVoodoo.

Settings:

1) General tab:

Windowed: Centered

2) Glide tab

3dfx card: Other, greater (free to configure)
Onboard RAM: 128MB
TMUs: 1
Memory size per TMU: 65536kB (TMU setting I don't know how to set, I just went with a magnification of the Banshee)
Resolution: 1920x1080 (must be forced now due to lack of HD implementation)
Force bilinear filter: checked
Antialiasing: 8x
Enable Glide gamma ramp: checked
Force vSync: checked
16bit depth buffer: checked
Enable inactive app state: checked
The rest unchecked

The game will run ultra smooth with these settings on my rig, even with a full grid of poly monsters, and it'll look the best I've ever seen HS look. Looks better even than forcing AA and AF through Nvidia driver! :D

32-bit colors seem to break projected lights on dgVoodoo, though.

Reply #55
on: Jul 08, 2016, 6:27 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
You could also drive the total polycount a bit further playing classic Pursuit mode as the cop. Your own cruiser, two speeders, five AI officers and three traffic cars. Eleven cars in total.

I've stretched Landstrasse and Dolphin Cove in HP mode with the highest polygon cars I could... The game runs just fine!

I'll do a few more tests and report back, but so far the patch is a success.

I personally like the fact each track has its own cruiser, but it would be nice to make the Euro tracks not use "Pbmw" but a traffic car instead.

Reply #56
on: Jul 10, 2016, 6:10 PM

I tried testing the patch out but it crashes each time.  Are you guys doing it off a fresh install from the CD? Or are you using the expansion pack installer?  That's the only way I can get the game to run normally.

Reply #57
on: Jul 10, 2016, 7:23 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
I tried testing the patch out but it crashes each time.  Are you guys doing it off a fresh install from the CD? Or are you using the expansion pack installer?  That's the only way I can get the game to run normally.

Notes:

1) Do NOT overwrite an existing install with the patch. You don't need to install the game, because it's portable now. Instructions are pretty clear: copy the Data and SaveData folders from the CD into a folder in your HDD, then unzip the contents of the patch's zip file into that folder, overwriting files when prompted. No need to mess with installers.

2) It's highly advisable to use either nGlide or dgVoodoo. I had many issues attempting to run DirectX mode (6, 7, 8, all of them are bad). dgVoodoo can be configured in the drivers folder and offers the best performance, but requires more powerful hardware. nGlide requires you to download and install it, and is easier to setup, but lags with high poly cars.

3) If using nGlide, do NOT turn on Triple Buffer in the game! It gives you an error and you won't be able to run the game unless you create an install from scratch.

Reply #58
on: Jul 11, 2016, 4:51 AM

Notes:

1) Do NOT overwrite an existing install with the patch. You don't need to install the game, because it's portable now. Instructions are pretty clear: copy the Data and SaveData folders from the CD into a folder in your HDD, then unzip the contents of the patch's zip file into that folder, overwriting files when prompted. No need to mess with installers.

2) It's highly advisable to use either nGlide or dgVoodoo. I had many issues attempting to run DirectX mode (6, 7, 8, all of them are bad). dgVoodoo can be configured in the drivers folder and offers the best performance, but requires more powerful hardware. nGlide requires you to download and install it, and is easier to setup, but lags with high poly cars.

3) If using nGlide, do NOT turn on Triple Buffer in the game! It gives you an error and you won't be able to run the game unless you create an install from scratch.

Ok that's where I was going wrong then I was doing it after an install.  Will try tonight by just copying the files from the CD first.  Thanks for the clarification.

I got DGVooDoo for another old game works like a charm for it! Will try with NFS, for the other install I have I've been doing the 3dFX emulation which works great as well.

Reply #59
on: Jul 11, 2016, 3:59 PM

Notes:

Dead on tested it out and it works! Did a full grid race with the beautiful F Body Faction's Firebirds can't believe I was actually able to do it! Thanks for the help.

Support NFSAddons: