Welcome, guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bringing my model emergency vehicles collection to life  (Read 1255 times)

MADMAN_nfs

• View Profile
    • Madness on youtube
Re: Bringing my model emergency vehicles collection to life
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2017, 07:12:18 AM »
Ah thanks,
indeed it is at the "TV & Movie->Dukes of Hazzard" section under the name "74 Dodge Monaco Sheriff Rosco". Must have been blind.
Of course a rework of this car would be neat  :)
The car runs good with the modern patch, but some reduction of polycount will improve performance for sure.

Greetings

Paul Spain

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »
Ah thanks,
indeed it is at the "TV & Movie->Dukes of Hazzard" section under the name "74 Dodge Monaco Sheriff Rosco". Must have been blind.
Of course a rework of this car would be neat  :)
The car runs good with the modern patch, but some reduction of polycount will improve performance for sure.

Greetings

Anyone is more than welcome to rework the body and reduce polys as long as they keep the sculpted body lines (as I like cars to be mod friendly so multiple paint jobs can be done) I will get around to replacing the driver with a better one and the AeroDynic with Frank's soon..Meantime..These 2 are done now :). :

I used the OC from Frank's Citroen multi texture cop car and the driver from the 1978 Plymouth Fury/Dodge Monaco (since he is holding a REAL steering wheel and not a alpha box).

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:20:29 PM by Paul Spain »
NFS HighStakes is the best

noise

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2017, 12:56:39 AM »
Nice replica of a matchbox car, but a lot of polies. I tried version 2 and got Render out of Ram in Playercar menu.Funny caus it has less than 9000 polies.I don't have VEG's patch installed b.t.w.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 02:55:58 AM by noise »

Remko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »
These are really cool, it's a pity that there are no cars made in the UK anymore that make such badass cop cars (except Jaguar maybe, as I just found out while typing this: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/jaguar-xf-police-car-launched )

As a model car nerd I appreciate that you kept the original Matchbox 'dot dash' wheels.  =D Nice touch.

Little bit of history for the MBX Rover 3500 and its civil and emergency variations here: https://lamleygroup.com/2014/07/02/july-2nd-matchbox-ambassador-report-by-nigel-cooper/

Paul Spain

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 09:55:53 AM »
Nice replica of a matchbox car, but a lot of polies. I tried version 2 and got Render out of Ram in Playercar menu.Funny caus it has less than 9000 polies.I don't have VEG's patch installed b.t.w.

Yeah, Alot of what I do now days WILL REQUIRE the Veg patch I'm afraid as I'm tired of sacrificing vehicles to use all over poly count, I have a vast array of stuff (over 8 GB) from various sites and now that polys are no longer my issue I try to use what ever don't crash ZModeler,CarCad,and FCE Finish 2..I no longer have to crunch up polys and end up with slightly ugly models cause of that,Now everything can be left as is and look nice or just have slight reduction so it don't crash the editing tools.

Paul Spain

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »

As a model car nerd I appreciate that you kept the original Matchbox 'dot dash' wheels.  =D Nice touch.

It's what it came with so that's how I did it, I do all my repros of diecast exactly as the wheels are on them to match the model best as possible :). When I get the Matchbox 1987 Ford LTD police series done it'll have the 8 dot as will the Vauxhall Astra patrol car as that's what they came with.