Welcome, guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]  (Read 2701 times)

Zpectre

• Dark Paladin
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2017, 05:09:43 AM »
You should avoid giving 2 cars the same serial numbers. Its very hard to predict the outcome when doing this. Not sure if there is a "system" behind that nor if it is worth investigating that. Might as well be completely random.
From my experience i can tell, that if you have two cars with same serial, the cop car is preferred.
So in pursuit or single race the opponent will be a police car. But the game still think its a opponent and the AI will try to complete the regular race rounds. If you provoke such a "police-racer" to honk the horn, the game will crash.

Not recommended.

IIRC the game is not able to choose two cars with same SN for the same race, if forced to do so it'll crash.

About the ghost races, this is possible because in the old games the replays were not video recordings but rather input recordings. When you run a replay, the gameplay is live action with the predetermined inputs. Ghost file takes this one step further because it allows you to pick your car and, since the ghost needs to be able to support all kinds of races, it must contain the data for them, that's why it works. :)

It might be possible to do in other games contemporary to HS with support for ghost files.

DrSpeed

• View Profile
Re: Using ghost files to customize a race [NFS4]
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2017, 11:30:44 AM »
@FranknFurter
Well I didn't really, could double check it later. I always take extra notes when I add any car, serial numbers is something I triple check before I launch the game.

It might be possible to do in other games contemporary to HS with support for ghost files.
Yes, at least NFS3 has a similar setup. Editing those files is just as simple as it is for NFS4 (not everything is in the same order though).  :)

There's not much left to cover in the gst files. Mostly are unknown to me and some of them maybe doesn't even lead to anything. But here's something:
0000119C, 000011A0, 000011A4, 000011A8
000011AC, 000011B0, 000011B4

These addresses is the Car Tuning you've done to the selected car. Default value: 00 00 80 3F (middle on the slider).
Don't know exactly what the min and max values are for them at the moment.

I'll revisit the first post to make it look better, at some point.  :D